CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're joking but i could swear i remember 343 talking about why they named h5 guardians and wanted to eventually stray away from the numberic titles.

Honestly, a lot of games and brands have been leaning this direction. I could see them creating a Halo that then has large themed updates. Look at Scorpio's specs, they are trying to be relatively (as much as you can in gaming) future proof.

Think the major PC games right now - Overwatch, League, Hearthstone, HoTS, CS:GO, etc. They are all aiming to sustain for a long time. Wouldn't surprise me to hear that they want to do the same for Halo.

Have any 343 employees indicated they're even going to E3? I pretty much expect nothing on FPS Halo at this point.

Wild theory (that's mostly a joke)They've denied H3A and Halo 6, but they haven't denied a new Halo 5 with a different subtitle.

Halo 5: Pt. 2 - Electric Boogaloo.

Saving this post in case they do announce a second Halo 5 game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just want to quickly say I really appreciate anyone who posts clips from scrims. I used to avidly watch a scrim daily when there was one on but can't do that atm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have any 343 employees indicated they're even going to E3? I pretty much expect nothing on FPS Halo at this point.

Wild theory (that's mostly a joke)They've denied H3A and Halo 6, but they haven't denied a new Halo 5 with a different subtitle.

Halo 5: Pt. 2 - Electric Boogaloo.

The paraphrased quote about E3 was something to the effect of "Nothing major about the next FPS halo title will be shown at E3".

You're joking but i could swear i remember 343 talking about why they named h5 guardians and wanted to eventually stray away from the numberic titles.

Bonnie Ross announced this around E3 2015. Don't know if they'll stick to that though.

Is this a serious question? :apg:

Is this a serious response?

If there was a game series where I had enjoyed the first entry and though every game thereafter was terribad I'm pretty sure I would've given up on the series after 16 years of (in your eyes) shitty games.

Why do you still care about Halo?

If there was a game series where I had enjoyed the first entry and though every game thereafter was terribad I'm pretty sure I would've given up on the series after 16 years of (in your eyes) shitty games.

idk what his answer is but as someone who didn't enjoy h2 or h3 at release i can give my 2 cents

the basic formula of shooting, grenading, playing the power weapons/ups and having a rechargeable shield really never changed. even though  the quality has greatly diminished 

not to mention the h1 superstars have just recently all retired with ogre2 stepping into the analyst and now coaching role. still following roybox, victory, pistola, snipedown etc is a big deal too

• Upvote (+1) 3

Asking me why I still care about Halo if I don't like any of the Halo games aside from the first one is a question that answers itself. I still care about Halo because I like the first one. Pretty simple. But also, competitive Halo has a lot of personalities I'm still invested in.

But that's just speaking about the multiplayer. I actually do like some of the campaigns other than the first one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey, has there been any preliminary covfefe of this week's pro league match-ups yet?

accidental neg my man, this is funny. 

Should still mention it's only a scrim

I want to get more important information across in twitters character limit that writing the word scrim when most people would know its a scrim.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So both FabE and LC (the orgs) have left halo.  A little depressing but not altogether surprising.

Its not all doom and gloom though as Excel have returned.

Fair play to infused though, they seem to be the only constant in EU Pro halo.  

Excited for the season to start though, should be a close one.  

My EU predictions:

Jimbro's

Infused

The Lads (was FabE)

Excel

Supremacy

Divine Domination

I think the top 2 are solid but it will be close between them.  the next 3 could be very interchangeable tbh as excel have been scrimming really well.  Supremacy have been scrimming poorly but as the past has shown they can step up at any time.  Divine domination have been getting smashed in scrims so far but could improve as the season progresses although i would definitely put them in 6th.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My EU predictions:

Jimbro's

Infused

The Lads (was FabE)

Excel

Supremacy

Divine Domination

Both French teams in the bottom, interesting.

My EU predictions:

Jimbro's (Invictus)

Infused

Supremacy

The Lads

Excel

Divine Domination

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I crazy or is this massive news that your ISP can affect how the aiming in Halo 5 feels?

GHEhgVc.png?1

Now it seems like he was referring to players simply skipping around and saying people conflate that with heavy aim. I've personally never witnessed that one but maybe people do that?

I feel like he's just reminding people (rightfully so) that they can only fix the aiming issues on their end. Basically, some of it is probably due to people having spotty internet, so if some of your issue is that, you won't be "totally free" of heavy aim...

that's how I read it, anyway. I think it makes sense. It probably doesn't, though  :mj: