CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's not what he meant. He meant that having bad internet can result in players skipping around, forcing your aiming to be different and inconsistent because of said skipping.

That's bold to assume what a 343 employee really meant.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's not what he meant. He meant that having bad internet can result in players skipping around, forcing your aiming to be different and inconsistent because of said skipping.

Yeah, I kept reading your posts after my comment. But I still heavily believe this is true somehow.

He literally said it to me on Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope 343 doesn't use dedicated servers in the next Halo. 

I'd rather they just fixed the connection issues to them. I'd rather play on a dedicated server than some mobile 2G host.

Josh literally clarified 1 post later what he meant. Moa was just relaying.

Try reading the thread and actually interacting with Josh, he's great about responding.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Josh literally clarified 1 post later what he meant. Moa was just relaying.

Try reading the thread and actually interacting with Josh, he's great about responding.

Did you just suggest that I actually read a waypoint thread?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Bungies worst Halo game was and is undeniably, and without comparison better than the best thing 343 has or ever will create.

Even if 343 had the common sense and brain power to actually make intelligent game design decisions and made EVERY correct choice for how the game should play, how fast the weapons should kill, how the movement should be; they still lack the talent to even make it.

The game would be a broken ugly pathetic mess. The menus would be hideous, it would have awful netcode, non existent playlist management, the art style a travesty to look at, the sound design painful to listen to, the campaign a generic sci fi cliche, the threatre mode unusable, the pro league doomed to fail, the servers spontaneously crash, I could go on.

And that's IF they could even make good decisions, which they can't and never will. The studio is a joke and so are your opinions.

Holy shit,you seriously think vanilla reach is better than vanilla halo 5? People are apparently forgetting how cancerous armor abilities and bloom were.I'd rather take halo 5's heavy aim,spartan abilities (which at least everyone had),and cancerous autos any day.
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe a more direct example of where aiming could feel heavy due to something we couldn't fix would a controller problem.

What does he mean by this?

Edit: aha, he means slowturn on a controller I guess. Still think it is weird if he thinks people think that people "skipping around", making them harder to hit, is HeavyAim. I can't imagine someone complaining about a player skipping around and blame it on Heavy aim.

Holy shit,you seriously think vanilla reach is better than vanilla halo 5? People are apparently forgetting how cancerous armor abilities and bloom were.I'd rather take halo 5's heavy aim,spartan abilities (which at least everyone had),and cancerous autos any day.

At least I could have fun with default reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

yeah guys HCS fans might get confused that LG lost a 13 game HCS Pro League match

pro league is on monday too right?

i love LG but it was silly to complain about this

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think 343 should consider postponing the aiming changes until after Pro-League. It doesn't make sense to introduce some changes in the middle of a competitive season.

Edit: Downvote me all you want but when the pros start complaining about having to adjust to a radically different aiming system in the middle of a season you'll all have only yourselves to blame.

How would that be any different then them complaining about any of the other reasons theyve complained about in Halo 5's lifespan?

Sometimes I wish we didn't have such split between the more casual/silly people and the people who invest tons of effort in understanding the game. Lots of people around here are well spoken and know what they're talking about and they'll never be around to educate the masses because they're hidden away on this website. It makes it super hard for the Halo community to leverage any sort of pressure when the majority of the bullshit has free reign to exist without opposition in their safe spaces like bungie.net and now waypoint and real issues slip under the radar. Waypoint wasn't even that bad when it was new.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prime example of what people perceive Beyond to be. Try venturing outside of your bubble every now and then. r/Halo, Waypoint, etc. are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

Josh is a cool dude. Takes the time to respond to almost every post in his threads.

lol stop it

the official halo forums have never in 15 years had anything to offer the competitive halo community

great place to learn about halo lore and warzone tho

Sometimes I wish we didn't have such split between the more casual/silly people and the people who invest tons of effort in understanding the game. Lots of people around here are well spoken and know what they're talking about and they'll never be around to educate the masses because they're hidden away on this website. It makes it super hard for the Halo community to leverage any sort of pressure when the majority of the bullshit has free reign to exist without opposition in their safe spaces like bungie.net and now waypoint and real issues slip under the radar. Waypoint wasn't even that bad when it was new.

add r/halo to that list as well 

(you're only allowed to complain about the game now that it's 2 years later)

• Upvote (+1) 7

At least I could have fun with default reach.

..... That's very debatable.If you'd said something like I enjoyed playing the zbns mlg playlist more than the hcs playlist I could understand where you're coming from or if you pointed to reach having more content than 5 I could agree with that to but I was referring to the gameplay of two being compared and if that's what you're referring to as well when say you and more fun with default reach that's like your opinion man.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Prime example of what people perceive Beyond to be. Try venturing outside of your bubble every now and then. r/Halo, Waypoint, etc. are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

Josh is a cool dude. Takes the time to respond to almost every post in his threads.

Umm I've been out of my so called "bubble" plenty of times, and am always met with the same realization. That the other websites you just listed are full of people that have no idea what halo needs and would literally kill the competitive scene if they got their way. Since the MLG forums went away, THC and teambeyond are the only forums worth anything when it comes to competitive halo. H2F was the only other site that ever was worth visiting. 

Also I never said Josh isn't a cool dude. I fully believe there are is a good handful of people at 343 that could actually help bring halo back, and I think that Josh is one of those people. However, it's been proven plenty of times that 343 employees let their mouths write checks they cant cash.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really hope 343 doesn't use dedicated servers in the next Halo. 

"Dedicated servers" is not some random technology that automatically means terrible connections or anything like that. If implemented properly, a dedicated server system offers a relatively level playing field, with an extremely stable connection, and with excellent netcode it is the ideal system for the average online gamer. On the other hand, a classic client-peer network can also be excellent. Given ideal internet conditions and excellent netcode this kind of network can provide a stable connection as well as, in a high population game, lower average ping for everyone. The downside is there is an inherent advantage to the host player, and without a perfect environment, it is not quite as fair or consistent as a similar dedicated server system.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Dedicated servers" is not some random technology that automatically means terrible connections or anything like that. If implemented properly, a dedicated server system offers a relatively level playing field, with an extremely stable connection, and with excellent netcode it is the ideal system for the average online gamer. On the other hand, a classic client-peer network can also be excellent. Given ideal internet conditions and excellent netcode this kind of network can provide a stable connection as well as, in a high population game, lower average ping for everyone. The downside is there is an inherent advantage to the host player, and without a perfect environment, it is not quite as fair or consistent as a similar dedicated server system.

I know how it works (Majoring in IT) but if they can't get the netcode right or keep the servers stable then why implement it into the next game?