CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

man some of those resumes are bleak

I8gFAkl.png

X3zqPX9.png

Reading this is hysterical. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I don't believe H5's launch should be defended, in any way. We paid full price for unfinished Halo game and then they proceeded to give us "Free DLC," when really they were giving us features that should have been there in the first place to make it a complete game. There literally wasn't BTB at launch... No firefight. No oddball. No KotH. You can bet your ass there was a whole bunch of Breakout that hardly anyone wanted to play though. SMH.

None of what you're saying is untrue. But I have 2, and only 2, things to defend them on. 1. I believe that Warzone development deterred a lot of the smaller things from making it at launch. And 2. while we did get a lot of things in post-launch DLCs that we could reasonably have expected to get at launch, all of it was free. There are other, similar, games in this day and age that are charging for DLC content that should've been in the game day 1, and then fragment the community by DLC-gating them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

tfw you realize these could be my last 2 weeks as "Im Bankrupt" :mj:

Or not because H3A is getting announced, guys :simms:

(I really hope so)

• Upvote (+1) 3

None of what you're saying is untrue. But I have 2, and only 2, things to defend them on. 1. I believe that Warzone development deterred a lot of the smaller things from making it at launch. And 2. while we did get a lot of things in post-launch DLCs that we could reasonably have expected to get at launch, all of it was free. There are other, similar, games in this day and age that are charging for DLC content that should've been in the game day 1, and then fragment the community by DLC-gating them.

1. Why are we acting like Warzone is this huge amazing complex thing? It had T H R E E maps at launch. Invasion was created for Halo: Reach and that game had the most content of a Halo game to date. (Yes I realize invasion was played on non-exclusive maps but they also added tons of other modes in addition). If the addition of a single game mode wrecks your content pipeline, management should be fired.

2. They had no choice.

Most of the dev resources were spent on making Halo 5 run off dedi's. Literally everything runs on them, and guess what servers are still messing up/bad 2 years later.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I for one am glad that we got free garbage remixes of launch maps so that sufficient resources could be dedicated to fine-tuning the vast swathes of unused space in the handful of Warzone maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HEAVY AIM FIX TOMORROW BOIZ

provided nothing goes wrong*

BaWzsOS.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I only thought updates only released on our tourney days, we lucked out :D

Interesting wording with the "one form" part. Wonder if that means we're still going to experience heavy aim from some other source after it drops

Edit: Never mind further down on the update page he clarifies that hes simply being careful rather than alluding to other issues he knows about although he does say the ISP can affect our aiming somehow...

• Upvote (+1) 4

on the fucking pro league day though? cmon maaaaaan

But there is no pro league tomorrow..

• Upvote (+1) 4

HEAVY AIM FIX TOMORROW BOIZ

DAWG WHAT ARE YOU READING, DO YOU NOT SEE TO4 VS TO4 MATCHMAKING

• Upvote (+1) 6

:simms:

To be fair, they have been talking about a new solution that is a bit more advanced, this is just their short-term solution.

One can easily see how party matchmaking wouldn't work for a low population playlist or game in general.

Am I crazy or is this massive news that your ISP can affect how the aiming in Halo 5 feels?

GHEhgVc.png?1

I mean... I'm not sure I would call that massive news since its been suspected for a long time. If you remember trying to play CE Anniversary or Reach FF/Campaign online or H3 campaign online with others you'll probably remember when you weren't the host your aim/movements wouldn't always work perfectly because the host was dictating where you were looking after receiving packets from your xbox and in the event that they were slow or dropped it simply wouldn't allow you to move. Obviously whatever they do with H5 is miles and miles better than that but it seems like they're connected somehow still.

Now it seems like he was referring to players simply skipping around and saying people conflate that with heavy aim. I've personally never witnessed that one but maybe people do that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys have any opinion on what your ideal Halo E3 announcement would be?

With H3A dead (don't @) and announcement that H6 isn't coming anytime soon, I'm personally hoping for a huge content pack for Halo 5. Bring back some H3 maps, full oddball and KoTH gametypes with audio cues.

H6 isn't getting an announcement at E3, but I would still expect a 2018 release. 343 probably wants a more dedicated stage that 2 minutes at E3 to start building hype for what is honestly beyond their last chance. I think there will likely be some news this year, and I am personally hoping for a beta at the very beginning of next year. As far as H3 maps go, I don't know what's going to happen, but I can be fairly certain that there will be no dev maps released. There's a lot of talk in the forge community about the request 343 is making for this "classic playlist" which will be released as the H3 celebration whatever. As far as I'm concerned, unless they release a not OP BR the playlist will be awful anyway.

H3A or bust. They've lied enough for me to not believe them saying it's not going to happen.

The last few comments 343 has made were pretty decisive. 

"One form" of heavy aim  :apg:

Literally the biggest programming copouts there is. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I crazy or is this massive news that your ISP can affect how the aiming in Halo 5 feels?

GHEhgVc.png?1

I just asked him about it, he meant players skipping around everywhere, not that your reticle/aimer would change based on your ISP.

• Upvote (+1) 7