CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who is Quadios?

He was on the latest Epsilon squad that tried to qualify for Worlds 2017 together with Snipedrone, Doodle and VexZeus. They got top 6 at Gfinity London after being reverse swept by Pace Making Pandas (BUK20, BUK57, Zhuh and Morguhhh).

Before that he was on EU AM teams, teaming with Zhuh on The Meme Team season 1 and Morguhhh joined them for season 2 where they were named Egoed. Finishing 3rd both seasons I believe. They were really close qualifying for pro league with Egoed. First losing the Winners finals in the relegation tournament and then also losing Losers finals (Where a Ghost melee on plaza kinda decided what team got to pro league...)

Edit: Went to Halo Wikis to check the placings (and some names) and they got 3rd in Open season 1. Just missing out on the Relegation tournament. Season 2 they came 2nd in Open, beaten by Bittersweet (that in the relegation tournament won the Winners Finals over them to qualify for Pro League).

• Upvote (+1) 5

Quadford also took down the old Infused and nearly qualified for Worlds with the help of Riotz and Morguh.

After that I was 100% certain that we were going to stick.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Late to the discussion but I greatly prefer Halo 5 over Reach or Halo 4 for me. I only played a little bit of ZBNS but how long did it take for them to implement that? Reach drove away most of my Halo friends before they can get that patch out. I disliked the weapon mechanics in both games. I disliked the maps in both games. I disliked the abilities in both games and felt that anything movement based was tacked on at the very end rather than implemented in way that feels fluid.

I'm sure everyone has their opinions and can compare and contrast small differences all day. In terms of gun play, maps, fluid movement/abilities I like H5 better. I still would love to have a classic Halo game done right but I enjoyed Halo 5 for the time I played.  I think when it first launched within a few weeks I talked about how it felt far from a classic Halo game, but for an FPS I enjoyed it. I do have problems with the aim mechanics, just like I do with Overwatch, and the majority of backwards compatible FPS games (xbox one controller imo sucks) but it's not so jarring to me where I physically can't play the game. (same with overwatch)

There's a lot of changes I would make for a better competitive Halo game but Halo 5 was the first Halo game since 3 that I purchased at launch and actually enjoyed playing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm glad someone's been keeping tabs on the grind I've had over the past year haha! Really happy with this squad :-)

I remember The Meme Team because Me, Qatchy, Arbiter and Stavrum faced you in the last Legendary Cup where we won the first slayer on Regret, but Looney lagged out at the end and we replayed and you won after that :)

I remember the The Meme Team because Me, Qatchy, Arbiter and Stavrum faced you in the last Legendary Cup where we won the first slayer on Regret, but Looney lagged out at the end and we replayed and you won after that :)

Meme team dream team

People talking about campaigns and UI in a competitive forum. Who gives a fuck about campaign honestly, Reach released with Bloom, Armor abilities and 2 decent maps (countdown and Sanctuary a Forge map)

Halo games can be released with Forge out of the box?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know H5 didn't have the perfect launch completeness, but let's stop exaggerating how bad the lack of forge for a grand total of 50 days after release was. It wasn't completely ready, and took less than 2 months to be put in. That plus it's the miles ahead of any previous Forge.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do you guys have any opinion on what your ideal Halo E3 announcement would be?

With H3A dead (don't @) and announcement that H6 isn't coming anytime soon, I'm personally hoping for a huge content pack for Halo 5. Bring back some H3 maps, full oddball and KoTH gametypes with audio cues.

With H3A dead (don't @) and announcement that H6 isn't coming anytime soon, I'm personally hoping for a huge content pack for Halo 5. Bring back some H3 maps, full oddball and KoTH gametypes with audio cues.

Same. Maybe even an MCC update. (I know)

I would starting making announcements at Worlds. Have all halo news be announced there instead of E3. You'd all the press to yourself for a weekend, instead of having to share with other Microsoft games, on top of other consoles. And that way it guarantees bigger venues for worlds :kappa:

I would do the same for gears. (Does gears even have a worlds?)

I understand that some fans want this, I thought it was pretty awful in CEA when trying to combine 2 different Halo games like CE / Reach, I'd hate to know that there was effort put into this Frankenstein Halo 5 / Halo 3 stuff instead of an actual H3A (or actually fixing MCC for once). My guess is the H3 map pack for REQ sales and all that jazz at E3.

Plus side is I guess we could get some new maps for the HCS if it's still happening going into 2018.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My spring jump knowledge must be outdated, i thought you had to land crouched before springing up. Looks like he lands, bounces backwards and then jumps

You don't have to stay crouched, just land crouched.

You can land+uncrouch+jump all in one fluid motion. This is great on downward ramps to build momentum.

H3A or bust. They've lied enough for me to not believe them saying it's not going to happen.

Some of them even shipped with Oddball and Big Team Battle. Those were the golden days. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

the halo franchise is being discontinued

Just end all of our suffering. It isn't getting better from here

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know H5 didn't have the perfect launch completeness, but let's stop exaggerating how bad the lack of forge for a grand total of 50 days after release was. It wasn't completely ready, and took less than 2 months to be put in. That plus it's the miles ahead of any previous Forge.

Because I don't believe H5's launch should be defended, in any way. We paid full price for unfinished Halo game and then they proceeded to give us "Free DLC," when really they were giving us features that should have been there in the first place to make it a complete game. There literally wasn't BTB at launch... No firefight.  No oddball.  No KotH.  You can bet your ass there was a whole bunch of Breakout that hardly anyone wanted to play though. SMH.   

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

When you are part of the GOAT roasting someone

i like seeing orgs tweet out like this especially when it comes to halo

• Upvote (+1) 4