CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And member Arena ??. Where you ranked up on individual performance, getting betrayed by teammates for a power weapon was common, people stat whoring was also super common. And that was the only ranked experience

• Upvote (+1) 6

People talking about campaigns and UI in a competitive forum. Who gives a fuck about campaign honestly, Reach released with Bloom, Armor abilities and 2 decent maps (countdown and Sanctuary a Forge map)

We're talking about the general quality of the product. Reaching wasn't very competitive, but the game worked and was packed with features. Halo 5 has broken aiming and a huge lack of features.

If it wasn't for Optic and NV, I wouldn't even watch the stupid pro league. I just really like all of the players on Optic and it's fun watching the other teams try to dethrone them. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope Optic loses the next 100 tournaments and they all blame Lethul for it.

lol_wut.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wouldn't even put 5 within a hundred miles of Reach. If we're talking out of the box competitive viability, yes Reach is gonna lose that battle but win a hundred others.

For me is all that matters, I don't care about BTB or campaign, I only play Halo for the competitive environment and Reach was really bad at this, it's the reason I quit Halo around early 2011 and started playing PC games, and returned for MCC (yeah that went well).

I haven't played a campaign since H3 , hell I haven't even played a game with campaign for a long time (only Starcraft 2).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And member Arena ??. Where you ranked up on individual performance, getting betrayed by teammates for a power weapon was common, people stat whoring was also super common. And that was the only ranked experience

I loved my teammates crouching in the back of our base with the shotgun on Asylum. Also competitive swordbase made for some great single digit score slayer games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll always argue against individual performance influencing a teambased game due to the shit tier, selfish gameplay it creates but it was based on individual performance for the first 2 seasons only. After that it was changed strictly on win/loss. I only mention this because a lot of ppl didnt know this back in the day due to bungie not advertising it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if some didnt know still. Arena was still bad due to the gameplay and maps though, 2s tricking and iron boosters didnt help anything either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ZBNS, damn right it is.

Too litle too late. By the time 343 fixed Reach I was already done with that piece of shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Too litle too late. By the time 343 fixed Reach I was already done with that piece of shit.

You missed out. ZBNS was fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

is this jump really that easy?

Most people can't even spring jump on command, so no... it's not.

Shotzzy just cares about and practices his movement that much.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Most people can't even spring jump on command, so no... it's not.

Shotzzy just cares about and practices his movement that much.

My spring jump knowledge must be outdated, i thought you had to land crouched before springing up. Looks like he lands, bounces backwards and then jumps

So... just like it happened with Halo 5 then ? Ironic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lets not pretend like it was even possible to go down after Halo 4.

early builds of H5 looked a lot like H4 ... they could have kept ordnance drops, killstreaks, OP boltshot, X-Ray vision, complete garbage launch maps, BR starts, AND added broken aim.  there are also a lot of ways that Warzone could have been a complete failure (it's pretty fun right now).  

honestly I'm continually surprised that H5 is as good as it is; I give all the credit to Mason, because I'm a Neighbor fanboy, but who knows how this company managed it

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll always argue against individual performance influencing a teambased game due to the shit tier, selfish gameplay it creates but it was based on individual performance for the first 2 seasons only. After that it was changed strictly on win/loss. I only mention this because a lot of ppl didnt know this back in the day due to bungie not advertising it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if some didnt know still. Arena was still bad due to the gameplay and maps though, 2s tricking and iron boosters didnt help anything either.

It was based on individual performance until season 7 when they also extended the seasons to last 3 months. So it was individual based ranking for 6 months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My spring jump knowledge must be outdated, i thought you had to land crouched before springing up. Looks like he lands, bounces backwards and then jumps

Shotzzy did all of that in like 1 frame.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

if we go by their past 450 patches it will release in that timeframe; won't work at release or stops working after 1 week.

ayyyy