CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So the pressing question is....which Weasley would Simms be if Benson is Ron and Bricey is Ginny? Would him and Momo be the twins?

Charlie definitely. This is a man who would work with dragons.

@@TheSimms you and the EU side of halo are the best, most passionate people we could ever hope to have. I hate that you got heat on this and felt the memos so personally. Trust me, none of us here hold you personally responsible and we know how hard you work and your constant presence and transparency is all we ask of everyone else.

I wish you could direct the hcs though that's not a job I'd want to force on anyone. All I know is that if everyone involved was as committed and passionate as you, Halo would be the top esport by now

• Upvote (+1) 2

snip

i was trying to reach out to @Saucey and @CyReN about something similar to this.

Obviously a lot of working parts would go into making this work but, I think during the down time between worlds and the next season. TB has enough pull to reach out to a handful of pros.... 8 or 16. About a charity tournament (potentially using some variation of new settings, or even just regular settings). Each pro player would have their own team. Teams represent a charity of the pro captains choice. From there they could choose 3 viewers/subs from their own channel to compose their team. Whether selected by random viewer/sub, some sort of lottery decision for those interested or even have those who want to participate buy in (money goes towards the charity). Then TB can host/stream the event and all donations generated (thru buyin or just random donations during the tournament) go to the winning teams charity.

I think its a cool way to

1. Generate content during this downtime (outside of the constant 'we hate 343' on the forums).

2. raise some money for a good cause

3. have pro players interact with their stream supports (viewers/subs/ect)

4. bring the halo community together without relying on 343/esl/ect to put together a half assed tournament

• Upvote (+1) 1

9f7c6603dfc649981f66ea506521960e.png

I don't know how to feel about this. I almost feel like it's disrespecting my childhood.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't know how to feel about this. I almost feel like it's disrespecting my childhood.

Perfect cause that's how I feel watching HCS compared to the MLG days :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

Why was this location deemed viable in the first place?

And do you have any info on the future of the HCS?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why was this location deemed viable in the first place?

And do you have any info on the future of the HCS?

He stated in a live Q&A that it was basically their last resort for a venue after their other options fell through.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

@@TheSimms @@Elamite Props to you guys for posting here, even if you can't provide answers/information as to why the venue was what it was. Just seeing some involvement in this community means a lot. Also, Simms, I'm sorry to hear how you felt during the event. Thank you for expressing your feelings to us openly and honestly - as a community, it is certainly our job to hold 343/ESL accountable if we feel they are not doing so themselves, however, it is quite right that you, Elamite or any other members of either company should let us know when we are crossing a line, too. That's a healthy dialogue, a two-way exchange of respect and honesty so that both parties may work together for the mutual betterment of the Halo scene :) Peace.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hopefully this will all make sense, trying to reply in order of topics, however I am a forum novice.

I want to believe you here, but even the biggest trolls in any community would agree, posting someone's DM is not apologetic and not saving someone.

I believe we are talking about my brother's issue, but I had spoken with representation a few weeks before this happened publicly, and while it blew up quickly, MY MAIN goal was to PREVENT Ace from even knowing about it, it is 100% unfair for someone to be given that amount of added STRESS before they go and compete in one of the biggest tournaments of his life.  

This is what UPSET ME the most having a pro player background.  In a mental game, I feel terrible for anyone that has to deal with someone right before an event whether its a gf, a death, school issue or like finals, or in aaron's case, being told he cannot compete. Just consider the additional amount of stress added to his teammates.  This made me the most mad.

I would never make fun of someone trying to get an education, and if anything props to you.  I graduated in 2012 and spent another year getting my series 7, 66 and 63 securities licenses.  I am actually unaware of who you are even referring to here as I did not see these posts but school isn't easy, so good for you.

You keep talking about saving my 'ass' but I am not sure what you mean here.  My ass wasn't in as much jeopardy as you thought I guess? And I had a good job before I came out to work on halo.

I am 'jealous' you are doing a better job than me? I am pretty sure you have no idea what it is I do, but say what you want about the event, but the broadcast wasn't half bad, still had someone issues, but I thought it was pretty good. Obviously the main issues being brought up are the venue and visibility for spectators on site. I do not think all you do is bad, but I think as someone who frequently walks a fine line(I give you respect for that), you cross it too often(I do not respect that).

I am not depressed, however I have been extremely stressed, I was expecting to catch heat for some things, things out of my control, but I have put in a lot of time and effort to make the best of a situation and put on a good broadcast.  I also spent most of my free time out viewing tent just hanging out and trying to talk to fans and give out free stuff. I did this just to try and make them have a better experience at the event. I have been a fan, a coach, a player, a caster, and worked behind the scenes on planning and even broadcast. I have a pretty wide background.

I have a thick skin, I have been harassed off and on for 12 years in the community and made it through.  If anything, I LOVE arguing with people and wanted to do that with you. You wouldn't let me though, so now we find ourselves here. 

Keep in mind you just took a post from a guy who's shirtless wearing a gold chain rocking a mustache in his avatar serious. 

That being said let me explain where your points fall apart... 

You and your brother should have been aware of the rules and your contradictions of them going in, there's no excuse for both an ESL employee and a professional player to be in violation of the rulebook for an entire season and have done nothing about it, until I made it public. You and your brother should have been on top of that, and getting the "living document" revised before it became an issue. 

The rest of that shit was me just making my post entertaining, the "saved your ass" and stuff like that. 

And for someone who loves to argue you really haven't put up much of a fight... 

The next part of this post is going to fall in that same vein to keep the drama and entertainment levels up. 

I mean the best thing you did was follow my girlfriend on Twitter after I posted an innocuous direct message. 

If you had said something real or messaged me like a human being I never would have posted it, but entering the directs to argue over something you were too afraid to argue publicly with a tweet is just ammo for people like me. 

I'll let you decide which parts of this post you should take to heart. 

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 53

Snip

I didn't mean to neg rep this one... >.> how do I undo...staying out of it, help!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Appreciate that Adam, not going to lie to the community and I want to put this out there - this weekend was the first time I wanted to shut off to the world of social media and even the forums, this was a massive failing on my part but also a huge learning curve. I've seen comments from other TO's, Players, Fans and Communities across several forums/gaming titles and I won't lie, I've been super salty about it but I carried on.

I've never had to deal with such heat and hate on social before, a few people on here have said why should I be in the firing line? Well I am a part of ESL and honestly I am proud of that and this also falls on me. I've been angry at seeing gaming communities laugh at Halo, I've been angry at people having a dig here and there when things go wrong, I've been angry that memes have formed of the back of this event, I've been angry to the point that I became so upset, ate food and went to my room Saturday and ignored everyone. That mixed with the passion I have for this game and our community drove me this week to do better and to try fix shit where possible but it also clouded my judgment.

I was genuinely disappointed in people taking the piss out of the event because I and the team have poured our hearts and souls into this to do the best we could. I shook my head Sunday night and realised I was taking this all to heart and taking it all as a personal attack, while I did get some personal attacking on social I shouldn't be blaming others or be angry at them for wanting to see better, I apologise if I was angry or negative to anyone this event, it's been hard but I'm still proud of what we did, the team I work with and rest assured changes will be made for the better moving forward.

This game, its players and the fans of the halo community is long standing and deserves the best, I'm going to keep doing what I do the best of my ability to try make that happen. Once again sorry if anyone feels I let them down, lessons learnt on my end. Onwards and upwards.

This right here is the worst part about being upset and flaming things that honestly are pretty awful at times. There's always someone like Simms that's actually doing his best and trying to make it all work in a situation where it probably just won't. Everyone appreciates everything this guy does even if things are falling apart around him at least you know someone is doing their best. We need more people like this.

Everything you guys do on the EU side is amazing. You shouldn't feel bad for any of this at all. You're by far our best caster. Every time you're on stream casting its better than it would have otherwise been without you. You give us more info than anyone. Basically you just go above and beyond every time. Truthfully if everyone had half of your work ethic Halo would be in an amazing place compared to where its at right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't mean to neg rep this one... >.> how do I undo...staying out of it, help!

You just gave them the green light for the neg rep... 

• Upvote (+1) 2