CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If the only Halo game you even remotely like is CE then why are you actually posting a Halo forum?

Change "a Halo forum" to "the HCS thread" and that's a valid question.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Change "a Halo forum" to "the HCS thread" and that's a valid question.

I'll answer that because it makes more sense.

Competitive Halo has always been defined more by its personalities. Hell, competitive Halo is worth watching just for T2's commentary alone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If their past 450 patches are anything to go by, it's gonna come out on Thursday, Friday if we take today's holiday into account.

if we go by their past 450 patches it will release in that timeframe; won't work at release or stops working after 1 week.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Yesterdays results #EGBack

9hFGveU.png

We really should have a 10 team league

• Upvote (+1) 1

Predictions for first player dropped and who will re place them?

Im going wih Trippey to get dropped from LG for a second time the poor bastard and they will pick up El Town. LoL

Predictions for first player dropped and who will re place them?

Im going wih Trippey to get dropped from LG for a second time the poor bastard and they will pick up El Town. LoL

Ninja to Str8

Dan to Oxy or LG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja to Str8

Dan to Oxy or LG

I don't think Ninja is leaving Victory and the only reason Oxy would make a team change is if one of their players got poached by a pro team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja to Str8

Dan to Oxy or LG

This would be a huge deal if it happened.

Danoxides spot would have to be up in the air.

My prediction if Danoxide gets dropped; straight swap for spartan or suspector

Hmm, do I blame Bungie more for ruining perfection than 343 for trying to improve crappy game mechanics that Bungie introduced? The correct answer is yes.

343 > Bungie

The three greatest games of all time? You can't be serious.

Bungie made one great Halo game. That was Halo CE(let's be real, by accident). Period. Halo 2 was and still is a broken mess. Halo 3 is a game for idiots. Halo: Reach contains pretty much the basic ideas for the shit that you hate in Halo right now. The only thing Bungie did right was introducing PC ideas to the console community. Which is great and I give them credit for that, but it was wasted on games that were just plain terrible.

343 fucked up quite a bit. But I still prefer them over Bungie. If Bungie stuck around, you think it would be any better? Nah. It'd be worse. Look what they did to Destiny. They spent 500 million dollars building a game with no content. So yea, go ahead and be nostalgic for a developer who never gave a shit about us. I'm sure that will make you feel better about 343's mistakes.

Man you have some questionable logic here.

I do subscribe to the idea that Bungie's halo's got progressively worse in terms of fundamentals. But the overall offerings were always of a high quality and well received.

Even if we conclude that 343 has a pattern of improvement with each title (which is, at best, debatable), we still have a situation where 343's best title is, in many ways, objectively worse than Bungie's worst title. This is coming from someone who finds enjoyment from H5 and found none from Reach.

H4 was by far the worst game in the series. All they had to do was plagerize good Bungie games, and instead they butchered EVERY SINGLE element of the core gameplay- implementing a host of changes that no one asked for. (We had 1HK boltshots as a fucking loadout, and we could see through walls). Then they released MCC, which was the biggest high profile disaster in gaming history. not only that, but H2A added a ton bullshit that tarnished the H2 experience. Then they released H5- which , stubbornly still has many of the mechanical decisions/mistakes Bungie started with Reach- released 5 years after the realization that Reach was a mistake. Oh and the aiming system is broken over 1.5 years after release. THE AIMING SYSTEM IN AN FPS IS BROKEN!!!

How anyone can argue that 343 has been better for the franchise is beyond me. Bungie's games worked.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja to Str8

Dan to Oxy or LG

Ninja will never leave luminosoty as long as they are paying him to play 2 games

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hmm, do I blame Bungie more for ruining perfection than 343 for trying to improve crappy game mechanics that Bungie introduced? The correct answer is yes.

343 > Bungie

Bungie made one great Halo game. That was Halo CE(let's be real, by accident). Period. Halo 2 was and still is a broken mess. Halo 3 is a game for idiots. Halo: Reach contains pretty much the basic ideas for the shit that you hate in Halo right now. The only thing Bungie did right was introducing PC ideas to the console community. Which is great and I give them credit for that, but it was wasted on games that were just plain terrible.

343 fucked up quite a bit. But I still prefer them over Bungie. If Bungie stuck around, you think it would be any better? Nah. It'd be worse. Look what they did to Destiny. They spent 500 million dollars building a game with no content. So yea, go ahead and be nostalgic for a developer who never gave a shit about us. I'm sure that will make you feel better about 343's mistakes.

trying-too-hard-gif.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 > Bungie

All Bungie did was make Halo worse. At the very least, 343 made a game that's better than previous entries, something Bungie never did. Halo 5 is better than Halo 4 and Reach. Some would argue it's better than Halo 3, which I certainly wouldn't be against.

Since you work for 343, when will the aiming be fixed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 > Bungie

Right, 

This is the least logical statement I have read in a long time.

Bungie created the 3 best games in the series. This is widely agreed upon and accepted amongst every halo community, that I have seen. On the flip side of that coin we have 343 who created the two worst games games in halo's history with halo 4 and the MCC.

Halo 4 butchered yes butchered halo's formula to the point where it was barely recognizable. 

Then you have the MCC which was outright broken. 

These two games are without question "black eyes" in the halo series. And if you want my honest opinion, MCC was worse than halo 4 solely because halo 4 FUNCTIONED.

(So your point that 343 has steadily improved is complete horseshit.) Sure halo 5 is an improvement from halo 4 and certainly mcc but that isn't difficult now is it. They are nowhere near the status of bungies original trilogy.

Now here is the only element where you have even a sliver of hope. Bungie's worst game was reach, and 343's best game is halo 5. Now halo reach had its problems, but to say halo 5 is better than halo reach is debatable at best. There are very few features in halo 5 which anyone can definitely say is  improved upon from halo reach. 343 managed to screw up aiming in an fps with halo 5. That is the basic mechanic in any shooter. So how anyone can sit here and argue that halo 5 is a good game when its CORE MECHANIC is broken is beyond me. Add in,the fact that reach had more features out of the gate and held a larger audience, then we can see it was more of a success than halo 5.

Finally, you argue that bungie first introduced the mechanics that have lead to halo's fall from grace and you know what? your'e right. (it is the only piece you are right about, but hey at least its something.) However, 343 are not forced to continue down that path, it was their decision to hire people who wanted to innovate the series, because they hated halo because of x feature. It was their decision to base halo 4's entire game around one fucking game mode (btb heavies if you're curious) it was their decision to make sprint a default ability, it was their decision to sell a broken game and it was their decision to make halo 5 the way it is.  They reevaluated every single fucking line of code from the original series and changed it, instead of building off the success's of the original triology. They decided to do everything, it is their fuck ups not bungie's hurting us.

Edit:

Didn't even notice you brought up destiny, right sit down boy.

Destiny was completely devoid of content, yes. You're right right there. Missteps were made.

But the game's mechanics functioned flawlessly and the game has steadily improved since launch. 

Meanwhile we are a year and a half into halo 5 and we still can't aim properly. (as pointed out above this is sort of critical)

Content is meaningless if you're mechanics are fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think there should be more discussion about disabling ground pound, because the melees in this game are terrible.

They wouldn't even need to disable GP to fix the issue.

When the melee button it pressed it should always trigger a melee. If it continues to be pressed after the melee and the player is airborn, it should then do the groundpound.

I get mapping the ability to the melee (it was crouch in the beta, right?) But prioritizing GP interpretation over melee is amateur.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Bungies worst Halo game was and is undeniably, and without comparison better than the best thing 343 has or ever will create.

Even if 343 had the common sense and brain power to actually make intelligent game design decisions and made EVERY correct choice for how the game should play, how fast the weapons should kill, how the movement should be; they still lack the talent to even make it.

The game would be a broken ugly pathetic mess. The menus would be hideous, it would have awful netcode, non existent playlist management, the art style a travesty to look at, the sound design painful to listen to, the campaign a generic sci fi cliche, the threatre mode unusable, the pro league doomed to fail, the servers spontaneously crash, I could go on.

And that's IF they could even make good decisions, which they can't and never will. The studio is a joke and so are your opinions.

Reach better than 5?? LUL
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Right, 

This is the least logical statement I have read in a long time.

Bungie created the 3 best games in the series. This is widely agreed upon and accepted amongst every halo community, that I have seen. On the flip side of that coin we have 343 who created the two worst games games in halo's history with halo 4 and the MCC.

Halo 4 butchered yes butchered halo's formula to the point where it was barely recognizable. 

Then you have the MCC which was outright broken. 

These two games are without question "black eyes" in the halo series. And if you want my honest opinion, MCC was worse than halo 4 solely because halo 4 FUNCTIONED.

(So your point that 343 has steadily improved is complete horseshit.) Sure halo 5 is an improvement from halo 4 and certainly mcc but that isn't difficult now is it. They are nowhere near the status of bungies original trilogy.

Now here is the only element where you have even a sliver of hope. Bungie's worst game was reach, and 343's best game is halo 5. Now halo reach had its problems, but to say halo 5 is better than halo reach is debatable at best. There are very few features in halo 5 which anyone can definitely say is  improved upon from halo reach. 343 managed to screw up aiming in an fps with halo 5. That is the basic mechanic in any shooter. So how anyone can sit here and argue that halo 5 is a good game when its CORE MECHANIC is broken is beyond me. And in,the fact that reach had more features out of the gate and held a larger audience, then we can see it was more of a success than halo 5.

Finally, you argue that bungie first introduced the mechanics that have lead to halo's fall from grace and you know what? your'e right. (it is the only piece you are right about, but hey at least its something.) However, 343 are not forced to continue down that path, it was their decision to hire people who wanted to innovate the series, because they hated halo because of x feature. It was their decision to base halo 4's entire game around one fucking game mode (btb heavies if you're curious) it was their decision to make sprint a default ability, it was their decision to sell a broken game and it was their decision to make halo 5 the way it is.  They reevaluated every single fucking line of code from the original series and changed it, instead of building off the success's of the original triology. They decided to do everything, it is their fuck ups not bungie's hurting us.

Edit:

Didn't even notice you brought up destiny, right sit down boy.

Destiny was completely devoid of content, yes. You're right right there. Missteps were made.

But the game's mechanics functioned flawlessly and the game has steadily improved since launch. 

Meanwhile we are a year and a half into halo 5 and we still can't aim properly. (as pointed out above this is sort of critical)

Content is meaningless if you're mechanics are fucked.

Reach had the best campaign of any Halo game, in my opinion, and the UI was beautiful. And when 343 can't even get the basics right (aiming), nothing else matters.

What's funny was that the beta played perfectly fine, why the fuck change it? Did the person that decided to change the aiming get fired yet?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach had the best campaign of any Halo game, in my opinion, and the UI was beautiful. And when 343 can't even get the basics right (aiming), nothing else matters.

What's funny was that the beta played perfectly fine, why the fuck change it? Did the person that decided to change the aiming get fired yet?

People talking about campaigns and UI in a competitive forum. Who gives a fuck about campaign honestly, Reach released with Bloom, Armor abilities and 2 decent maps (countdown and Sanctuary a Forge map)
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i cant imagine 'nostalgia' being the reason ive thought halo1's campaign/multiplayer is superior in every way for this long. why? h2 and h3 are just as nostalgic if not more so with hundreds more parties and events attended. objectively i see it as a once in a lifetime knock out of the park for the fps genre. it's #18 of the highest scored games of all time on metacritic. it also cost full price for about 6 or 7 years after its release..

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same reason Cloud, Demon D and Tizoxic are in the finals. We're back in 2009.

accidental mobile neg  :flip:

7vzixSR.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

People talking about campaigns and UI in a competitive forum. Who gives a fuck about campaign honestly, Reach released with Bloom, Armor abilities and 2 decent maps (countdown and Sanctuary a Forge map)

Zealot?

• Upvote (+1) 1