CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did Devon/Commonly/Prototype/El Town play yesterday? Given that Wise made it to finals, I'm guessing not. Also, is Devon actually done competing, or is this like your monthly Rammy retirement?

Commonly seemed like the best Team Randa (Prototype, Randa, BabyJ) player at Daytona, sad to see him not on a competitive team. Would love to see him replace Cratos on Ronin... which may be possible given that Strobe (Spartan friend/fan) is manager now, with Showtime only as coach - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They weren't listed in the bracket. I don't know if they're still together or not. I'd definitely like to see Commonly in the pro league. I love watching him play. MVP for Liquid fall pro league as far as flag games go.

Lol still no ETA of course. I'm just happy we started Heavy Aim League before this got fixed. I'm sure the effort being put into it is minimal even though it makes sense to put as much effort as possible into fixing such a huge issue. Oh well nothing can surprise me any more I pretty much expect nothing so if this patch even helps a little ill be impressed.

Idk once in awhile they still surprise me even when I think I expect nothing. Stuff like the 2009 quality stream etc really explores the depths of what I didn't think was possible.

1. It's Lenny, not Strobe. Strobe was the coach who was with ALG for St. Louis but then dropped and then coached Coby's team at Vegas.

2. Lenny probably has the title of Manager for show, and probably does all the Manager work for the team. But, internally and as far ESL knows, I would bet that Showtime still has the Manager title. Because there's no way in hell Cratos would allow Showtime to not be manager and not have his golden ticket of a pro spot and have immunity from being dropped.

Can we talk again about ESL let this happen and STILL HASN'T CHANGED THE RULES TO TAKE AWAY THIS ABILITY FROM THE MANAGER ROLE?

I guess they think the management power is balanced cause 3/4ths of the team can send an email to change the manager 

I am really enjoying watching Naded play Halo 3 BTB. Reminds me of the good ol' days when Halo was good and entertaining for everyone. I can't stand to watch a Halo 5 stream unless it's some kind of tournament. Bungie was just so much better at everything. 

343 > Bungie

All Bungie did was make Halo worse. At the very least, 343 made a game that's better than previous entries, something Bungie never did. Halo 5 is better than Halo 4 and Reach. Some would argue it's better than Halo 3, which I certainly wouldn't be against.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 17

I'd say

CE >> Halo 5 > Halo 2 >> NBNS Reach >>> Halo 3 >>>>> Reach >>>>>>>> Halo 4

But H5's skill gap is not reliant on its shooting skill gap, it's about extra buttons for simply getting around the map efficiently.

ehhh i think you could make a case for NBNS Reach or H3 over H2 just because of how easy it is to aim in H2, imo.

Plus power weapons were easier in H2, at least as far as i remember.  I feel like snipe especially had a huge skill gap in H3, and H3 didnt have things like sword.  Reach's snipe was harder than H2 easier than H3.  Maybe im wrong tho but thats how it felt

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 > Bungie

All Bungie did was make Halo worse. At the very least, 343 made a game that's better than previous entries, something Bungie never did. Halo 5 is better than Halo 4 and Reach. Some would argue it's better than Halo 3, which I certainly wouldn't be against.

This has a weird logic in it, but it all falls apart, when you compare best Bungie game and best 343 game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ehhh i think you could make a case for NBNS Reach or H3 over H2 just because of how easy it is to aim in H2, imo.

Plus power weapons were easier in H2, at least as far as i remember.  I feel like snipe especially had a huge skill gap in H3, and H3 didnt have things like sword.  Reach's snipe was harder than H2 easier than H3.  Maybe im wrong tho but thats how it felt

You're not wrong about the relative difficulty of just shooting the guns however depending on the situation H2 could still be difficult just because it was so much easier for everyone with a BR to threaten you from further away. Sometimes you kinda had awhile to line up shots and sort of challenge and back down over and over in H3 because it was just a lot harder for people to kill you from a distance.

This has a weird logic in it, but it all falls apart, when you compare best Bungie game and best 343 game.

Or the worst 343 game (MCC) and the worst bungie game (Reach). 

I can't see Str8 ending the pro league with the same roster.

Dan doesn't look like a good fit at all right now. Not putting blame on him individually as he is playing well. Just something doesn't look right to me.

Or the worst 343 game (MCC) and the worst bungie game (Reach).

Or the worst launch lmao

343 > Bungie

I am going to have to go ahead and just assume you're not serious because if you are serious then I am going to have to go ahead and just act like I didn't read that.

Yes but bxr, bxb, double shot, rrxyyrrx(double shot x2) all without the use of a scuf/elite controller and we had limited button layouts is why id put it over 3.

At the very least, 343 made a game that's better than previous entries, something Bungie never did. 

Depends what you mean by "better than previous entries".

What people wanted in Halo 2 over from Halo 1 was better multiplayer options. Halo 2 delivered in a huge way. Matchmaking, lobbies and parties were all pioneered by Halo 2. Halo 2 had much more variety in it's campaign maps (less repetitive designs) more enemies, better graphics, better animations, more in depth lore, better cinematics, better music, no jump delay. Better LAN play thanks to the ability to have up to 16 xbox's connected.

Halo 2 was better than Halo 1 in a plethora of ways, but not in some core gameplay ideals.

Halo 5 compared to Halo 4 lost features: No Forge on release, no big team battle, no split screen, no LAN.

Let's be fair though, it gained some features:

Solo queue woes, heavy aim, heavy latency issues, frequent crashes and praying to RNGesus every time you want a new weapon skin.

343 is yet to improve upon their last game. They either drop features, change them completely or make it worse, they never "improve". If you want the perfect example, look at the Halo 4 UI compared to Halo: Reach's. Massive drop in design, performance, usability and quality. Perfect 343 example.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Considering the fact that we have no LAN, this makes perfect sense: Heavy Aim League Online = H.A.L.O.

WOKE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 > Bungie

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 6

(double shot x2)

Literally never seen quadshots referred to as this before.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 > Bungie

Uhh. What? They released the worst game in the series, then moved on to one of the most embarrassingly broken major releases ever and (which they never fixed), and their latest project involved literally the worst launch social offering ever featured in a Halo game, no LAN or split-screen, utter garbage competitive settings for a year and a half, and they literally broke the aiming in an FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 8