CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not about fighting people. It's just literally aiming around an empty map. The BR 100% has always felt more clunky, as if the accel kicks in quicker or if the aim is slower in general. Aiming the pistol feels so much "looser" than the other rifles in the game.

Oh I c. I haven't noticed this other than sometimes I feel like the aim in general feels different from time to time. It could be that it was different weapons making me feel this way, but I didn't put 2&2 together.

Definitely prefer the "loose" feel of the Pistol, though BR is better for cleaning up 1-shots. Agree that the DMR feels especially weird, but it's hard to pass up the 2-shot beatdown it has for CQC.

Also, just started using the mini-USB to USB controller cable so it's not wireless, and it feels a lot better. Not sure if it's cause I'm playing more and headcasing, or it actually makes that big a difference. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have always thought the normal DMR felt weird but the recon one was better. I think its down to the position of the normal DMRs scope. Just feels wonky.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that everyone just unanimously agreed the DMR in particular feels clunky tells me something is definitely fucked up. I'm 100% willing to believe that your aim slows down when that thing is equipped.

What did come out of the experiment with a billion different primary weapons is that I think the Carbine is the superior gun in all situation other than extremely close range. 

Carbine has 2nd longest range among rifles and highest RoF, of course it's the best.

No one can scope in against you and only the DMR can out-range you, and to my knowledge there's no map where the Carbine and DMR are both present in which there's a sightline the DMR can out-range the Carbine's RRR.  (Longest sightline on a map with both I can think of is Corner->Cave on Coli).

Carbine has 2nd longest range among rifles and highest RoF, of course it's the best.

No one can scope in against you and only the DMR can out-range you, and to my knowledge there's no map where the Carbine and DMR are both present in which there's a sightline the DMR can out-range the Carbine's RRR.  (Longest sightline on a map with both I can think of is Corner->Cave on Coli).

I'm surprised at just how much range they threw on it and then that they put it on arena maps to begin with. I'm honestly more comfortable trying to challenge someone with snipe from a distance than I am trying to kill the carbine guy. Not that either idea is a good one but it goes from good to totally insane pretty quick depending on how far away they are.

The carbine is the most OP weapon in the game. Just shoot in the general direct of your opponent and you are all but guarunteed a perfect.

The carbine is the most OP weapon in the game. Just shoot in the general direct of your opponent and you are all but guarunteed a perfect.

The DMR just takes 6 bullets anywhere to kill someone, and will generally grant a headshot as long as your reticule is above the belt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The DMR just takes 6 bullets anywhere to kill someone, and will generally grant a headshot as long as your reticule is above the belt.

And as someone above mentioned the 2 shot beat down is too good. It took me a while to get used to it but now my starting stray on coli is always grabbing it and looking at the opposing team's snipe ramp.

I feel like the carbine is equally (if not more) generous with headshots, and has the added benefit of being impossible to miss shots in general, due to the magnetism. All while constantly descoping opponents.

The 2shot beat down of the DMR is cray cray though.

I feel that way with the DMR.

I swear to fucking god that the recon dmr and the regular dmr aim differently. Not using the scope at all they just aim differently.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I swear to fucking god that the recon dmr and the regular dmr aim differently. Not using the scope at all they just aim differently.

Oh god now we have to deal with the fact that not only do different weapons result in a different aiming output, but even the same weapon with different attachments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh god now we have to deal with the fact that not only do different weapons result in a different aiming output, but even the same weapon with different attachments.

I don't even attempt to touch the regular dmr but the recon dmr is just a god tier weapon

• Upvote (+1) 1

From Tuesday to Sunday our own @Goldenboy will be hosting the ESL Pro League Season 5 Finals in Dallas, TX for CS:GO. 

Love seeing him pop up in everything I watch! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

EG hasn't practiced much (if at all) since their Pro League matches. They only play NV this week and then have two weeks off. Probably considering the NV match a write off.

My favorite is trying to shoot a barrel someone is standing next to. Or shooting at one person, making them one shot, then their teammate walks in front of them, boom fuck your reticle.

This still happens with other guns lmao.