CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is cool ass content. I could definitely see T2 or Simms doing a recap like this for Pro League matches

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I just ask people here, whether they a notice a notable difference between aiming with a pistol and a BR?

Or is it just me?

The BR aim feels so much more clunky and slower, to me.

I hadn't played the game in a long time, until this weekend and was noticing wild differences between the two and hadn't remembered the game being like that previously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can I just ask people here, whether they a notice a notable difference between aiming with a pistol and a BR?

Or is it just me?

I feel that way with the DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To me it seems like every weapon feels different, and I am not sure whether that is intentional or not.

It causes serious inconsistency for me but again i don't know if its a server issue or game design.

Or is it just me?

I hadn't played the game in a long time, until this weekend and was noticing wild differences between the two and hadn't remembered the game being like that previously.

It's the insane amount of aim assist I thought. You pretty much have to let it do the aiming for you, since the greater aim assist makes minor adjustments more finicky. Same with the DMR, but I've never actually tested it, just personal observation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I purposefully don't pick up the DMR because the aiming when using it feels too wonky (on top of the already screwed up h5 aiming).

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me it seems like every weapon feels different, and I am not sure whether that is intentional or not.

It causes serious inconsistency for me but again i don't know if its a server issue or game design.

At this point, aiming inconsistencies between different weapons is one of the more believable things I've heard about this game's aiming system. I doubt it's intentional.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the insane amount of aim assist I thought. You pretty much have to let it do the aiming for you, since the greater aim assist makes minor adjustments more finicky. Same with the DMR, but I've never actually tested it, just personal observation.

This, you have to let the BR aim for you.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Or is it just me?

I can't aim for the life of me with the BR, I never pick it up anymore.

I can't aim for the life of me with the BR, I never pick it up anymore.

You just have to let that thing aim for you

OK so I am not a headcase, 

Thanks guys,

But that leaves me to the unavoidable conclusion that each weapon aims differently................... FFS 343! 

Edit:

Has this ever been tested or verified?

OK so I am not a headcase,

Thanks guys,

But that leaves me to the unavoidable conclusion that each weapon aims differently................... FFS 343!

It's because each weapon has a different RRR, and the aim assist is also different.

That's totally a thing and its intentional. They're trying to enforce some weapons feeling better/worse at different ranges. Its absolutely stupid but you're not headcasing or whatever. I'm the guy that notices heavy aim in the first 2 days of the game release or if I'm playing on monitor that isn't 1ms response time. The guns handling differently for whatever reason is 100% a thing. Try picking up the DMR with a BR scope etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's totally a thing and its intentional. They're trying to enforce some weapons feeling better/worse at different ranges. Its absolutely stupid but you're not headcasing or whatever. I'm the guy that notices heavy aim in the first 2 days of the game release or if I'm playing on monitor that isn't 1ms response time. The guns handling differently for whatever reason is 100% a thing. Try picking up the DMR with a BR scope etc

So they deliberately made the aiming different across multiple weapons in an fps game?

I can't think of any other game that has done this.

I mean i can understand power weapons feeling different from primary wepaons but precision/primary weapons feeling different from each other  just leads to serious frustration and inconsistency.

How do they expect people to just adjust on the fly.

Can someone ask the guys in the aiming thread to test it out because I'm ready to bitch about something new

• Upvote (+1) 3

< they don't feel different except for the fuckton amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism everything except the pistol has.

Its in the aim assist and the RRR. I wouldn't be surprised if they did mess with the actual sensitivity depending on your gun knowing 343 however. It should be relatively easy to check if its just like a flat 10% slower or faster. Just spin in circles with your pistol out and swap weapons to see if it slows down or speeds up.

You'll notice pro players realize it consciously or subconsciously because you'll see them shooting a DMR/LR and even though they reload or have plenty of ammo they'll swap to a pistol when they're turning corners or going into smaller rooms a lot of the time

If you want to see crazy, you should've seen how much swiping slows down with the Sniper when you passed over someone before they adjusted the Sniper's unscoped aim assist.

The shit was ridiculous.

Haven't guns always handled differently due to each weapons varied aim assists at different ranges?

I feel like it's been this way since at least H2. Like hasn't this been how precision weapons have been balanced against each other for some time?

Like if you are fighting someone at midrange with the BR, you have to let the aim assist do most of the work. The ease is what makes the BR a desirable pickup. That said, It take a significant amount input for the game to accept that you want to aim away from whoever is in the crosshair.

Fighting that same player with a pistol, you'll have more control of the reticle because you are outside of RRR.

This why I tend to prefer the magnum in 1v2's because otherwise I get fucked by the aim assist and miss the guy who's one-shot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't guns always handled differently due to each weapons varied aim assists at different ranges?

I feel like it's been this way since at least H2.

Like if you are fighting someone at midrange with the BR, you have to let the aim assist do most of the work. It take a significant amount input for the game to accept that you want to aim away from whoever is in the crosshair.

Fighting that same player with a pistol, you'll have more control of the reticle because you are outside of RRR.

It's not about fighting people. It's just literally aiming around an empty map. The BR 100% has always felt more clunky, as if the accel kicks in quicker or if the aim is slower in general. Aiming the pistol feels so much "looser" than the other rifles in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like it's been this way since at least H2.

Like if you are fighting someone at midrange with the BR, you have to let the aim assist do most of the work. It take a significant amount input for the game to accept that you want to aim away from whoever is in the crosshair.

Yeah I just don't think it was apparent or as awkward because we never really played with pistol, DMR, DMR with BR scope, BR, Carbine, and Lightrifle at the same time. I'll often get into these streaks where I know my pistol is way better than my BR or that I'm super off with my pistol but for whatever reason I 5 everyone with a DMR from anywhere etc. What did come out of the experiment with a billion different primary weapons is that I think the Carbine is the superior gun in all situation other than extremely close range. 

Like was said above though I've sometimes felt like just moving around was awkward with some weapons but I'm not willing to just accept that its the sensitivity changing yet since it could just be everything else or heavy aim throwing off my muscle memory in general. Basically so many things are fucking weird that I need proof and actual data before I believe anything lol

• Upvote (+1) 2