FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

leave it, K+A/D actually makes sense

Or have both? One that says KA/D and one KDA as ingame.

I think most people don't care because it's a random formula. It should have been ((kills + assists) / deaths) but for some reason 343 decided to make it an average spread sort of thing where it's ((kills + (assists/3)) - deaths). Then that number is averaged per game.

It's just strange to me because someone out there decided than an assist, no matter what, is worth 1/3 of a kill. AND also decided to call it KDA just to make it extra confusing. It would have been a lot better to just stick to the usual formula or call it something else.

Halo Data Hive seems to calculate it using the traditional formula though.

I've always done KA/D on HCSStats for this exact reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great video. Not directly talking about Halo, but absolutely applies to every competitive game right now.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Dmg/Death and DMG/Min tell you so much more about how someone is playing than KDA and K/D. Never felt like K/D was that great of a stat in teams, tbh.

I've been tinkering with some ideas were you'd essentially "forgive" deaths for doing the objective and use that + DMG/D to give sort of a general player ranking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FTFY

please excuse my dear aunt sally

Dmg/Death and DMG/Min tell you so much more about how someone is playing than KDA and K/D. Never felt like K/D was that great of a stat in teams, tbh.

I've been tinkering with some ideas were you'd essentially "forgive" deaths for doing the objective and use that + DMG/D to give sort of a general player ranking.

i think both tell a story, it's good to finish kills but it's also good to deal dmg

Are the damage stats fixed? 

What about accuracy? 

Hope they bring back shots fired in H6. Made playing H2 with no shots fired such a fun thing to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding damage dealt, if you make someone 1 shot and they run away and live does that end up counting as damage? Or is it only damage that contributed to the persons death? I've never tested it.

What? StrongSide is the one stinker in a casting lineup of T2, Elamite, Simms, Onset, Goldenboy, Wonderboy, Walshy and whoever else. If you replaced StrongSide with Puckett and taught the analysts how to actually analyze, casting would be perfect.

Were it so easy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great video. Not directly talking about Halo, but absolutely applies to every competitive game right now.

This video is great and really relevant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 has a skill gap, I match diamond kids and I can go 25 - 5, and I'm just an average high onyx player.

I don't know if the skill gap is any close to H1 or H2 but if we compare it to other games like COD, there's a huge skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo has a skill gap, I match diamond kids and I can go 25 - 5, and I'm just an average high onyx player.

I don't know if the skill gap is any close to H1 or H2 but if we compare it to other games like COD, there's a huge skill gap.

Of course there is a gap. But a lot of effort has been put into closing that gap.

Usually when devs try to close the gap, they simply lower the skill ceiling.

343 went the extra mile- lowering the skill ceiling and raising the skill floor. Making a game that's less enjoyable for casuals and competitive players alike.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 5 has a skill gap, I match diamond kids and I can go 25 - 5, and I'm just an average high onyx player.

Every single game has a skill gap. There will always be players who are better than others. This is about lowering the skillgap to make the game accessible and how it hurts competitive play.

Yeah, just dont call it K+A/D, KDA on HDH @@Bad Dub so people don't confuse it with the ingame stuff.

Ill update when i get a chance

• Upvote (+1) 2

And optic just got sent home by lg. Only placed 4th. More big tourney choking by that team. They need to learn from the halo team

• Downvote (-1) 1

I never checked lol I always just assumed it was K+A / D. Should I update it on HDH or leave it? Which one is a better representation?

The 343 method is Kills+(1/3 Assists)-Deaths, I'm pretty sure.

It's a useless stat.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The 343 method is Kills+(1/3 Assists)-Deaths, I'm pretty sure.

It's a useless stat.

You forgot to divide by the number of games.

Every single game has a skill gap. There will always be players who are better than others. This is about lowering the skillgap to make the game accessible and how it hurts competitive play.

Skill Ceiling and Skill Floor are not mutually inclusive.

It is possible to make a game more accessible without reducing the skill ceiling of the game.  It will marginally reduce the skill gap but as long as the ceiling is high, then there's not as much issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

13k viewers for a 500k cod event, yea thats definitely the bar Halo should aim for

Their streaming platform (MLG.tv or whatever) also fucking sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Their streaming platform (MLG.tv or whatever) also fucking sucks.

They should stream on Twitter. :kappa: