CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So many relevant quotes

:(

I'm about to make a Twitter account called TheHCSGravemind and just tweet quotes

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone from 343 said that this happened when they tested no radar pre-launch. It was a little wild but ok for a while and eventually everybody started just running around with their ARs out.

What BLOWS MY MIND is that the through process wasn't "hey everybody is abusing the AR, lets simplify things and remove it from the starting loadout" it was "lets ADD BACK RADAR"

they wanted an auto in the starting loadout though, they consider that crucial to Halo. so if you need an auto, you need one thats balanced, obviously.

that makes their two choices in that to either toggle radar back on, or rebalance the sandbox to accomodate a weaker AR.

it's frustrating but not mindblowing to me. that said, taking it out of the starting loadout in the HCS shouldn't be an issue. same with comp-balanced weapon REQs

Appreciate that Adam, not going to lie to the community and I want to put this out there - this weekend was the first time I wanted to shut off to the world of social media and even the forums, this was a massive failing on my part but also a huge learning curve. I've seen comments from other TO's, Players, Fans and Communities across several forums/gaming titles and I won't lie, I've been super salty about it but I carried on.

I've never had to deal with such heat and hate on social before, a few people on here have said why should I be in the firing line? Well I am a part of ESL and honestly I am proud of that and this also falls on me. I've been angry at seeing gaming communities laugh at Halo, I've been angry at people having a dig here and there when things go wrong, I've been angry that memes have formed of the back of this event, I've been angry to the point that I became so upset, ate food and went to my room Saturday and ignored everyone. That mixed with the passion I have for this game and our community drove me this week to do better and to try fix shit where possible but it also clouded my judgment.

I was genuinely disappointed in people taking the piss out of the event because I and the team have poured our hearts and souls into this to do the best we could. I shook my head Sunday night and realised I was taking this all to heart and taking it all as a personal attack, while I did get some personal attacking on social I shouldn't be blaming others or be angry at them for wanting to see better, I apologise if I was angry or negative to anyone this event, it's been hard but I'm still proud of what we did, the team I work with and rest assured changes will be made for the better moving forward.

This game, its players and the fans of the halo community is long standing and deserves the best, I'm going to keep doing what I do the best of my ability to try make that happen. Once again sorry if anyone feels I let them down, lessons learnt on my end. Onwards and upwards.

Sad to hear you had to pull through this. Believe me, I really like you and everytime I write "I want mlg back" is my first thought "wouldn't we lose Simms though? :(" Your casting was superb, you guys had both streams running and while I sometimes disagreed with which matches should be on which stage, it was awesome. The broadcast was superb. 

But the event itself sounded like a travesty to the community, I just think it drives us further.  Personal attacks though are always dumb, even if you would have picked the venue yourself, nobody should step that low to personal insults

There are times that I want to punch all of you in the mouth (I'm 7ft 4 and jacked and fully tatted or whatever the meme is) but at the end of the day, I really appreciate all of you and your PASSION for the game. 

Thanks for the entertainment, dudes. Hopefully I can have fun playing Halo at some point again, but it hasn't been fun for me since no bloom/sprint reach. I think H5 has potential, and for the first time I truly believe this community is gaining enough momentum to get this game fixed. I say we keep at 'em.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From ESL regarding Dreamhack.

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/news/the-halo-championship-series-pro-league-returns-with-two-more-season-in-2017/

The North American Finals will see the top six HCS Pro League regular season teams face off again the best two teams from the Open Bracket Relegation. Any full team to show up at DreamHack with 3-day visitor passes can enter the Friday and Saturday open tournament for a chance to compete in the next season of the HCS Pro League and even for a shot at the championship title. The bottom two HCS Pro League teams will need to prove themselves in that same bracket and fight for a spot in the Sunday finals!

I suppose for a pro league that has felt relatively exclusive in the past two seasons, this isn't a bad format. An open bracket funneling the top 2 teams into the champ bracket for both a shot at that season's finals as well as inclusion into the next season's pro league provides decent incentive. However, I'd rather just have more frequent open events where there is no exclusive champ bracket. Not that it is likely to ever happen but I appreciate the possibility of the top 8 in a bracket being filled out by 'am' teams. Each team has to prove themselves every single lan.

damn I almost missed this, thats fucking awesome, I've been asking for that exact format for finals since S1.

especially with the way the pro-am contrast looked after last season. good to know that if Splyce continues to be better than CP, they'll be at finals. and that affair is still kinda bullshit but whatever

• Upvote (+1) 1

You better believe I'm going to get a video this weekend of Faruq saying "Teambeyond.....LOCK. IT. UP."

I need this. Bring back the air guitar  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Appreciate that Adam, not going to lie to the community and I want to put this out there - this weekend was the first time I wanted to shut off to the world of social media and even the forums, this was a massive failing on my part but also a huge learning curve. I've seen comments from other TO's, Players, Fans and Communities across several forums/gaming titles and I won't lie, I've been super salty about it but I carried on.

I've never had to deal with such heat and hate on social before, a few people on here have said why should I be in the firing line? Well I am a part of ESL and honestly I am proud of that and this also falls on me. I've been angry at seeing gaming communities laugh at Halo, I've been angry at people having a dig here and there when things go wrong, I've been angry that memes have formed of the back of this event, I've been angry to the point that I became so upset, ate food and went to my room Saturday and ignored everyone. That mixed with the passion I have for this game and our community drove me this week to do better and to try fix shit where possible but it also clouded my judgment.

I was genuinely disappointed in people taking the piss out of the event because I and the team have poured our hearts and souls into this to do the best we could. I shook my head Sunday night and realised I was taking this all to heart and taking it all as a personal attack, while I did get some personal attacking on social I shouldn't be blaming others or be angry at them for wanting to see better, I apologise if I was angry or negative to anyone this event, it's been hard but I'm still proud of what we did, the team I work with and rest assured changes will be made for the better moving forward.

This game, its players and the fans of the halo community is long standing and deserves the best, I'm going to keep doing what I do the best of my ability to try make that happen. Once again sorry if anyone feels I let them down, lessons learnt on my end. Onwards and upwards.

literally no one familiar with the scene feels you let them down, you don't book venues and your casting was the best all weekend imo. the fact that you felt the need to type such a heartfelt message says more than enough and, unfortunately, only further contrasts the silence from others

it depresses me that the lack of communication from higher ups results in this kind of backlash being felt by passionate & genuine people like yourself. seriously dude, you're the model of what this community wants from ESL, you do have a lot to be proud of. I just wish you had more authority.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Onset not being at worlds was also one of the worst decisions ever. 

I hope Strongside is not returning for casting the proleague

Edit: also @@TheSimms your post is exactly what would help the community if also the higher ups, the decision makers would do them, honesty and even tell us when you are mad at the community, tell us why things went wrong. 

You are such a great guy, Frank O'Connor's message about worlds was just empty talk, he doesn't feel the HCS 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the pressing question is....which Weasley would Simms be if Benson is Ron and Bricey is Ginny? Would him and Momo be the twins? 

Scabbers.     :kappa: 

Simms please don't hurt me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Arthur

tumblr_o1d4b0Dli11tqtla0o1_500.gif

Papa Simms  :simms:

Nah we all know Thorin is the oldest Weasley.

His jacket looks like Macklemore bought it for him at a Thrift Shop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Onset not being at worlds was also one of the worst decisions ever.

I hope Strongside is not returning for casting the proleague

Edit: also @@TheSimms your post is exactly what would help the community if also the higher ups, the decision makers would do them, honesty and even tell us when you are mad at the community, tell us why things went wrong.

You are such a great guy, Frank O'Connor's message about worlds was just empty talk, he doesn't feel the HCS

Agreed @@Onset totally deserved to be there. Strongside works really well as an analyst/interviewer. Just not so much as the lead caster/pov controller.

So the pressing question is....which Weasley would Simms be if Benson is Ron and Bricey is Ginny? Would him and Momo be the twins? 

Charles Weasley. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The other issue is quantifying "heavy aim." If someone could rig up a modded controller, send it some stick inputs, and then measure the reticle response, we could actually test hypotheses.

I using XIM4 (Mouse & Keyboard adapter) because for me is impossible play whit a controller. When i play Warzone, my aiming feels great and accuracy but when i play in Arena, the aim is heavy. I do not know whay happen but is sucks.

Sorry if my english is bad. I speak

Spanish.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1