FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does anyone care for KDA? I feel like it's supposed to be the Ops of halo but it seems convoluted and unnecessary. I don't know why, but it just feels like there's no real baseline to it to compare. It would be better if it factored in obj too.

In CoD news, eunited got upset by lg and are out. Faze vs splyce WB finals, and optic vs lg for top4 tomorrow. Wouldn't be shocked if lg won that

Anyone wanna play HCS ffas later.tonight?

And why do they use 3 maps for FFA? Should just be truth

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congratulations on surviving a rotation around the sun, Moses. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If StrongSide is the worst caster I'd say Halo's doing alright in that department.

You gotta be kidding me

• Upvote (+1) 2

You gotta be kidding me

What? StrongSide is the one stinker in a casting lineup of T2, Elamite, Simms, Onset, Goldenboy, Wonderboy, Walshy and whoever else. If you replaced StrongSide with Puckett and taught the analysts how to actually analyze, casting would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

wow > ahawowow

FrankieFourShot > FrankTheShow

• Upvote (+1) 2

He had a headshot register that shouldn't of on the first kill. Second kill was meh. Third kill was clutch AF, quick scope on the guy picking up OS causing it to burn? Awesome. Fourth kill happened because he ate two headshots when he was one shot. I think I have a different definition of decent.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

He had a headshot register that shouldn't of on the first kill. Second kill was meh. Third kill was clutch af. Four kill happened because he ate two headshots when he was one shot. I think I have a different definition of decent.

Decent post

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think most people don't care because it's a random formula. It should have been ((kills + assists) / deaths) but for some reason 343 decided to make it an average spread sort of thing where it's ((kills + (assists/3)) - deaths). Then that number is averaged per game.

It's just strange to me because someone out there decided than an assist, no matter what, is worth 1/3 of a kill. AND also decided to call it KDA just to make it extra confusing. It would have been a lot better to just stick to the usual formula or call it something else.

Halo Data Hive seems to calculate it using the traditional formula though.

that old school KDA formula is too 'traditional' for halo in 2017  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think most people don't care because it's a random formula. It should have been ((kills + assists) / deaths) but for some reason 343 decided to make it an average spread sort of thing where it's ((kills + (assists/3)) - deaths). Then that number is averaged per game.

It's just strange to me because someone out there decided than an assist, no matter what, is worth 1/3 of a kill. AND also decided to call it KDA just to make it extra confusing. It would have been a lot better to just stick to the usual formula or call it something else.

Halo Data Hive seems to calculate it using the traditional formula though.

Any formula is going to be arbitrary though. The aim of the stat is simply to provide a reference with which to measure ones kill contribution vs deaths.

The old formula weights kills the same as assists. The new formula implies that an assist is less than a kill. I'd say the latter is more accurate representation of the relationship- because they aren't the same.

that said, I think kda is pretty useless in either case. They should have a deadly damage / death stat- how much damage did a player contribute to an opponent who then died. This way we aren't arbitrarily comparing kills to assists. Instead we measure each players exact contribution to a kill.

Maybe I've been blessed with the opportunity to listen to a variety of commentators of all skill levels, from multiple sports, but I think Halo's casting talent as a whole has a long way to go before we we can be content with it. Strongside is incompetent, it's as simple as that. I wont judge his passion or his character because I know nothing of it, but it's so blatantly clear that he does not belong on the desk. It was acceptable a year ago when he struggled with Pro League; we put it down to growing pains, but after a lengthy tenure it's beyond argument. He's not good enough. I personally have reservations towards more widely praised casters like Goldenboy and Walshy, and would love to see Ogre 2 get a ludicrously fat wad of cash to provide special comment, but we've seen how much of a shitshow this forum turns into when people have dissenting opinions.

We do have good casters, namely T2 and Elamite seem to hold they're ground fairly well, not to mention our amazing EU squad who never fail to impress. Are they the first to admit they have aspects of their casting? Absolutely! So why do people like you hate to see legitimate criticism? Through what metrics have you decided that our broadcasting quality is remotely near where it should be? There's still so much to work on, and there's absolutely no reason to be complacent as a community with the standards of broadcast. Pretentiously boiling down genuine appraisal into "circlejerking" gets us nowhere.

You know when you put it that way you've got a point. Great post.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not going to lie, KDA on my site is (Kills + Assists) / Deaths. I didnt even know 343 were calculating it a different way. 

ZYoO6dC.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZYoO6dC.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never checked lol I always just assumed it was K+A / D. Should I update it on HDH or leave it? Which one is a better representation?