CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Tashi just forgot that he said that MLG were going to put a halo event after worlds.. I posted the tweet here got over 100 upvotes so pretty much everyone here was pretty pumped for it.

I asked him again, he didn't respond, I asked someone else... Then I realized, 343 hasn't even got proper e-sports staff....

WTF is happening to competitive halo

I wouldn't hold his word to it since it's an open ended response - like yea it's possible they can work with MLG but doesn't mean it's happening.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think Tashi just forgot that he said that MLG were going to put a halo event after worlds.. I posted the tweet here got over 100 upvotes so pretty much everyone here was pretty pumped for it.

I asked him again, he didn't respond, I asked someone else... Then I realized, 343 hasn't even got proper e-sports staff....

The game is 2 years old, why would they care about their esports advertisement league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He said he was open to working with MLG, not that an MLG event was confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt 343 will work with MLG until Halo 6 or H3A (Which ever comes first) since MLG is currently in full force with the CWL OWL and Gears as of right now. With H5 being almost 2 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if they wait till the next game to host a tournament, or even better, a Halo Pro-Circuit like they are doing with Gears. 

But maybe we could be surprised

Since H5 Ladders are currently being hosted by Gamebattles, that could possibly of been what he meant by working with MLG?

I sure hope not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Since H5 Ladders are currently being hosted by Gamebattles, that could possibly of been what he meant by working with MLG?

I sure hope not.

They have been live since the release of H5 I'm pretty sure

They have been live since the release of H5 I'm pretty sure

FFA tournaments, yes.

Actual Team Ladders with HCS Settings were released in mid-May of this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hahah 343 is so garbage. Microsoft wastes so much money with them. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder if there are any competent online/LAN tournament organizers out there with past experience of running Halo events that could step in and alleviate the issues that have been plaguing the Halo community for the past 5 years...

Well, Im off to go my 3rd GOW LAN by the Coalition here in Vancouver, lots of Devs will be there.

I'll put in a good word in for Team Beyond  :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wouldn't hold his word to it since it's an open ended response - like yea it's possible they can work with MLG but doesn't mean it's happening.

That response he gave seemed like he was blowing smoke to save face.

It seems clear 343 is against working with MLG.

I doubt 343 will work with MLG until Halo 6 or H3A (Which ever comes first) since MLG is currently in full force with the CWL OWL and Gears as of right now. With H5 being almost 2 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if they wait till the next game to host a tournament, or even better, a Halo Pro-Circuit like they are doing with Gears. 

But maybe we could be surprised

Unless 343 is throwing a shit load of money at MLG I don't really see what else they stand to gain by hosting Halo events at this point unless its a deal that includes future Halo titles. The games viewership and retention etc is in the garbage. If they'd allowed MLG to be around from the start so that they actually benefited through the exposure and allowed them to be the long term Halo TO it makes a lot more sense than "Hey wanna run events for my game now that nobody cares about it?"

wtf I hopped onto 2gre's stream and some girl is playing Halo 4 :wutface:

You scared of girls huh? Year 3 can be a tough time.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I've been gone all weekend and my service isn't so good here in VA. Is there anything happening at this moment for the HCS on stream? Sounds like an am qualifier through millennial? Sorry if it's been mentioned a million times before, but I've been out of the loop and can't catch up on the pages easily.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been gone all weekend and my service isn't so good here in VA. Is there anything happening at this moment for the HCS on stream? Sounds like an am qualifier through millennial? Sorry if it's been mentioned a million times before, but I've been out of the loop and can't catch up on the pages easily.

they are do the open + legendary cups again, top 8 in points auto qualify for sunday and the other 8 spots are filled on saturday

stream tomorrow at 7PM EST

Happy birthday Mike! @@Moses_FPS We been friends since we were both whippersnappers at H2F, you do so much for this community, more than most ppl know. Have a great day and holiday weekend dude :)

thanks dude, i truly do appreciate the kind words <3

h2f 4 lyfe

• Upvote (+1) 8

They should really give Doze an automatic bye into the Sunday cup. This is bullshit.

Week 1 pro league player stats

I really like these graphics/pages/whatever. It kind of gives you a cool picture of things like the general pace that OpTic is playing at and how Victory/Trippey played Strongholds

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Right on. Thanks @@Moses_FPS for the response and all the support. Happy birthday man. I'm so glad you are a part of the halo community

• Upvote (+1) 1