CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Champ Bracket

Open Bracket

Nothing about EU 3/4. They might fly out 3-4 and just enter them in the open bracket like a normal team but they don't get any byes.

Top 2 go to Champ, bottom 2 go to Open, that's what I have been told by ESL anyways

13-7-NO-Ryan.gif

Perfect reaction gif.  Maybe SS has taken some of the criticism to heart and will try to work off of T2's casting as a support to the lead.

Top 2 go to Champ, bottom 2 go to Open, that's what I have been told by ESL anyways

So top 2 guaranteed top 12 while 3/4 could get first rounded and finish top 112.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So top 2 guaranteed top 12 while 3/4 could get first rounded and finish top 112.

Hey, I didn't say this is a good idea, that's just what we have to deal with.

They kinda kicked EU Halo in the balls

• Upvote (+1) 1

This doesnt seem right does it?

Should LG not be ahead of TL, STR8 and RN? They have all have 0 series won but LG have a better map ratio?

Top112 NA seems fair for a 3-4 EU player LUL
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey, I didn't say this is a good idea, that's just what we have to deal with.

They kinda kicked EU Halo in the balls

Hasn't been like that since forever tho ?

I was under the same impression as Ryan: 7/8 pro teams get the 1/2 seeds and they play out the whole open bracket. WB final and lb final winners go to pro league.

This new bracket is idiotic and make it EASIER for teams to avoid relegation. Before they had to win two series, including vs the other pro team. Now they avoid the other pro team, and have to win one. That's stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I struggle to watch pro Halo more than anybody but I'll never understand the Strongside hate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I struggle to watch pro Halo more than anybody but I'll never understand the Strongside hate. 

What is to understand? Personal preference - I personally dont think he is very good but I am not going to cry every time he casts.

I understand the button glitch is getting banned for the potential of outputting instant kills in all, but has ANYONE, done this glitch consistently vs GOOD players, to actually showcase how "OP" this is in action? I have yet to see it happen.

Think about this, power weapons output instant kills already. Why ban a glitch that can also output instant kills but takes way more mechanical execution and positional risk(you gotta jump, which will probably lead to a thrust so you immediately eliminate all your escape options), than it takes to use a power weapon?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like we're banning something without even testing it out to see if it is truly OP. I feel like this glitch used in game would result in more people choking than actually pulling it off, even at pro level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand the button glitch is getting banned for the potential of outputting instant kills in all, but has ANYONE, done this glitch consistently vs GOOD players, to actually showcase how "OP" this is in action? I have yet to see it happen.

Think about this, power weapons output instant kills already. Why ban a glitch that can also output instant kills but takes way more mechanical execution and positional risk(you gotta jump, which will probably lead to a thrust so you immediately eliminate all your escape options) than it takes to use a power weapon?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like we're banning something without even testing it out to see if it is truly OP. I feel like this glitch used in game would result in more people choking than actually pulling it off, even at pro level.

The problem is that it is way too exploitable with new technologies.

Personally, I think its super mechanically challenging, even to just get 2-3 rapid shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think about this, power weapons output instant kills already. Why ban a glitch that can also output instant kills but takes way more mechanical execution and positional risk(you gotta jump, which will probably lead to a thrust so you immediately eliminate all your escape options), than it takes to use a power weapon?

Because nothing is stopping people from modding their controllers and setting up a macro which will let them do this every time, case in point auto rifle glitch from a few months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Because nothing is stopping people from modding their controllers and setting up a macro which will let them do this every time, case in point auto rifle glitch from a few months ago.

Can this glitch at least be seen being used by modded controllers first before banning it? I personally don't think it's possible but if it is, then yes ban it.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's been beaten to death, but it's kinda funny they can put out an update regarding button cheats like that, but the whole E6 seed thing happened and nothing changed lol.

Oh well, good luck to the teams playing tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you really comparing an EG win online to an LG win on LAN?

I'm not even an LG fan, but that's hilarious.

*Edit* Also the thing people (including me) were preaching, a change to the core 3 of EG, has improved EG (for now.)

*Edit2* You're also the one that was done with EG after they dropped Naded.

You're delusional for thinking that ALG deserved a pro league spot over EG; just follow Adam's lead and don't display bias to your company on the forums

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you dont know who is... i dont know what to tell you.

Royal 2 > Snakebite

Royal 2 is the most consistent, positive player. He always has the most damage per death and great positioning.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1