CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish I could provide answers but as a UK based caster I don't have this information, my role primarily is working on the UK projects and casting Halo. As mentioned before I'll happily pass it back on and do what I can to try get answers/a response but rather than ignore you or blank it out ill be simply honest, I do not have the answers and I apologise for that.

Will always do what I can to try support not just this community but Halo as a whole, I only want what is best for everyone hence I acted on the tweet you sent me over the weekend, ok I couldn't fix it but I did my damn best in between games, I've taken this weekend quite personally and I'm sorry if I have let you or anyone else down.

You let nobody down man, your casting as per usual was stellar. Don't feel down on yourself <3

• Upvote (+1) 8

I wish I could provide answers but as a UK based caster I don't have this information, my role primarily is working on the UK projects and casting Halo. As mentioned before I'll happily pass it back on and do what I can to try get answers/a response but rather than ignore you or blank it out ill be simply honest, I do not have the answers and I apologise for that.

Will always do what I can to try support not just this community but Halo as a whole, I only want what is best for everyone hence I acted on the tweet you sent me over the weekend, ok I couldn't fix it but I did my damn best in between games, I've taken this weekend quite personally and I'm sorry if I have let you or anyone else down.

I wish we could buy REQ packs to lead the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only The Gravemind can save us now

"If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you"

• Upvote (+1) 7

You didn't read @@Frankie's "we need to do better" post? Because that gives me confidence in anyway.

giphy.gif

I just don't think ESL is to blame for this tbh, HCS is 343's baby not ESL's. I highly doubt ESL is the one who said hey Let's hold the HWC at our small Burbank studio that's not designed for spectators! Especially looking at other events they have been responsible for.

Only The Gravemind can save us now

"If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you"

"There is still time, to stop the key from turning"

The key here being Halo's population and viewership, and turning it depleting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could provide answers but as a UK based caster I don't have this information, my role primarily is working on the UK projects and casting Halo. As mentioned before I'll happily pass it back on and do what I can to try get answers/a response but rather than ignore you or blank it out ill be simply honest, I do not have the answers and I apologise for that.

Will always do what I can to try support not just this community but Halo as a whole, I only want what is best for everyone hence I acted on the tweet you sent me over the weekend, ok I couldn't fix it but I did my damn best in between games, I've taken this weekend quite personally and I'm sorry if I have let you or anyone else down.

Dude you are 100% a hero of this community, you fight so hard to give us a good experience and I truly appreciate all you do.

It's just a shame that your employers can't see their way to engaging with us more - communication (ACTUAL communication, not just "we'll do better") is the key to healing old wounds in this community and moving forward. Again, not an expectation from you because you already do so much more than your job requires, but rather for people like @@Timo @@Vivi and @@Tashi.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just don't think ESL is to blame for this tbh, HCS is 343's baby not ESL's. I highly doubt ESL is the one who said hey Let's hold the HWC at our small Burbank studio that's not designed for spectators! Especially looking at other events they have been responsible for.

The blame goes like this IMO: 75% - 343 / 25% - ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"There is still time, to stop the key from turning"

The key here being Halo's population and viewership, and turning it depleting.

" I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine, and sing victory everlasting"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here are the credits from the stream

[Pics snipped]

Not to witch hunt, but some pretty familiar names are up there that seem to have pretty important roles in this tournament. If @@Elamite @@Tashi @@Timo want to clear any of this up, that would be cool too. We are just going off this because we are never told anything.

I was unaware of that, thanks for pointing it out man. I still feel like an assistant product manager & caster (Elamite) is unlikely to have the answers/be allowed to give the response we need, unfortunately. The decision making etc (especially on something as integral as the venue) was likely made at a higher level.

Definitely falls more on Timo or Tashi to be the one explaining it (as sad as that is) than Elamite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ignoring the problem only makes it worse, if 343/ESL were to come here and actually address people's concerns they'd have a hell of a lot more respect than what they currently have, Simms is living proof of that, he's never anything but honest and doesn't hide away from the heat and is treated with utmost respect, if employees continue to ignore stuff because of "negativity" or whatever, guess what? That just leads to more of the same negativity you're so afraid of hearing, so it's time to face the heat and actually prove to us that you DO give a fuck about this franchise otherwise we're just going to continue assuming you don't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I could provide answers but as a UK based caster I don't have this information, my role primarily is working on the UK projects and casting Halo. As mentioned before I'll happily pass it back on and do what I can to try get answers/a response but rather than ignore you or blank it out ill be simply honest, I do not have the answers and I apologise for that.

Will always do what I can to try support not just this community but Halo as a whole, I only want what is best for everyone hence I acted on the tweet you sent me over the weekend, ok I couldn't fix it but I did my damn best in between games, I've taken this weekend quite personally and I'm sorry if I have let you or anyone else down.

We are forever grateful for you, Simms. You're a loved memeber of the community. Thank you for all that you do for Halo. We appreciate it <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally think the glasses are more of a problem than the missing shirt.  But both are triggerous. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

How are any of the negative aspects of HWC your fault?  From the comments i read, people became much happier over the next couple of days due to the effort being put in.  

Sure it sucks that some people couldnt watch the event in person but thats a higher up 343/ESL issue, one which we can only hope will never transpire again.

Your level of interaction is miles above pretty much every other person involved with the HCS

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's an ESL project manager.

Ok he's involved in scheduling at ESL and he casts. Still doesn't explain why he'd be the source of these answers. Most of your questions are for Tashi. And the others for Timo or Vivi

I GOT SO HEATED IT BURST INTO FLAMES. 

I thought your display pic was a photo of Mr MM...soz

I'm pretty sure this WAS ESLs suggestions, since Timo was the one he mentioned he was going venue shopping, and he's the one that mentioned that "conversations" with venue partners fell through.

I still blame 343 because HCS is there's and if a TO routinely failed to provide an experience that "meets expectations" then they need to stop pretending that ESL has been a "great partner" and actually find a great partner.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm pretty sure this WAS ESLs suggestions, since Timo was the one he mentioned he was going venue shopping, and he's the one that mentioned that "conversations" with venue partners fell through.

I still blame 343 because HCS is there's and if a TO routinely failed to provide an experience that "meets expectations" then they need to stop pretending that ESL has been a "great partner" and actually find a great partner.

It 100% was a money issue. No way ESL goes from running huge events to running a sideshow alley unless they didn't have the funding required for a decent venue.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive-Gets-Biggest-2015-ESL-One-Event-in-Katowice-471267-2.jpg

https://www.eslgaming.com/sites/default/files/styles/blog_big/public/ESL-One-Cologne-Post-Event-Header.jpg?itok=cL4KxWLP

If 343s intent was to create a "Halofest", that is actually a decent idea. Unfortunately they lack the experience to pull that off as we've seen this past weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The blame goes like this IMO: 75% - 343 / 25% - ESL.

it has to be more 50/50

343 has done nothing to help with the state of the game, though it seems that ghost and neighbor are doing a lot to improve this

it was esl's decision to give out 16000 points to pro teams, devalue ugc, run vegas past midnight (est), the scheduling of the lcq where cryptik had a wait time over over 6 hours for their final game vs splyce, and didnt plan out a decent worlds location. the london event shows that it wasnt 343 demanding a the locations as wembley looked amazing and felt like a worlds event. even vegas looked really good

The proving grounds radar just kills solo que even more, team arena needs to be solo and duo only and it needs to be done now, if people wanna do 4s they can custom game.

• Downvote (-1) 3

-Simms being the best-

Goddamn @@TheSimms is easily the best part of ESL. I know that's not new news. As much as I would hate to lose you as a caster/personality, if there's ever an opportunity for upward movement at ESL please take it. Would love to have someone with your passion and understanding of the community in a position of significant influence over there.

i wish everyone had your passion and work ethic. its not even on you to fix these things but damn you do so much its incredible

you will always be the best

simmsrotating.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1