CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Interesting, Tapping went huge vs LG but not so hot vs Splyce. And Falcates went huge vs Splyce and not so hot vs LG

I'll give tapping a little slack given that was his first PL series.  he showed up in the next one.  I thought falcated played very well for both series though? 

Im going to be bold and say

TL 1-3 SPY

NV 3-2 OG

Str8 1-3 RN

TL 3-1 Str8

I think Str8 gets swept, I love the line up, but i think they're the new EG after Renegod left

EG Finishes the season in the top 4 NV 1st OG 2nd SPY 3rd EG 4th

Sorry Tibby

I think Str8 beats Ronin and loses to TL.  I really don't think that danoxide is a downgrade to Renegade.  The might just be sharing the power weapons a little more.  His biggest flaw are his annoying noises which aPG keeps in check haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll give tapping a little slack given that was his first PL series. he showed up in the next one. I thought falcated played very well for both series though?

I think Str8 beats Ronin and loses to TL. I really don't think that danoxide is a downgrade to Renegade. The might just be sharing the power weapons a little more. His biggest flaw are his annoying noises which aPG keeps in check haha

Falcated was the only one to go negative in the LG series, and was the only one to go positive in the Splyce one.

I'll give tapping a little slack given that was his first PL series.  he showed up in the next one.  I thought falcated played very well for both series though? 

I think Str8 beats Ronin and loses to TL.  I really don't think that danoxide is a downgrade to Renegade.  The might just be sharing the power weapons a little more.  His biggest flaw are his annoying noises which aPG keeps in check haha

Its not that Dan is a downgrade, its the style of that that Renegade brought to the table. Renegade was the power weapon slaying guy, he opened up game play for the other guys to do what they do. Now they have a player who is basically exactly like the other 3 play style wise, while theyll probably be extremely objective efficient, theyre going to hurt in the slaying department.

Interestingly enough though, Splyce really loaded up in the slaying department, and they really suffer in objective aspect of the game. EG really brought the hammer in strongholds, but EG losing truth CTF is a non consequence if you ask me, that map plays fast and is all about slays, which is what Splyce is good at. Splyce is going to be hard for any team to beat in a slayer match, nut i think NV/OG/EG are going to crush them in most OBJ games, the Bubu mistake on Plaza was cringe.

After a few more PL matches, i think TB and Roy are going to be a beast slaying duo, Roy stepped up big in a couple of games in the LG series, i think he went 22 kills and 14 assists on the Rig? dont quote me on that number though. I think this team really evolves a lot this season and goes big in Atlanta.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Falcated was the only one to go negative in the LG series, and was the only one to go positive in the Splyce one.

Ninja destroyed him on truth, shit felt bad man lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll never get over the fact that the start screen actually did help aiming.

But imagine this... Imagine 343 screws up aiming in a first person shooter so badly that some players eventually notice that the start screen actually helps, through sheer chance. First of all, the aiming was so bad that players actually noticed a difference by pressing start. In addition, the system was messed up in such a way that a pause screen actually adjusted the aiming system.

Next, convince yourself that 343 then introduces changes which make the start screen "fix" no longer work.

The phrase "you can't make this up" gets thrown around a lot, but I'm fully confident that you actually can't make this up.

That's almost as crazy as someone patching out a glitch that causes unnecessarily loud menu music to be silenced, in a game that is fundamentally broken to the very core. And then not adding in an option to silence it. Can you imagine a company doing that?
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I'll never get over the fact that the start screen actually did help aiming.

But imagine this... Imagine 343 screws up aiming in a first person shooter so badly that some players eventually notice that the start screen actually helps, through sheer chance. First of all, the aiming was so bad that players actually noticed a difference by pressing start. In addition, the system was messed up in such a way that a pause screen actually adjusted the aiming system.

Next, convince yourself that 343 then introduces changes which make the start screen "fix" no longer work.

The phrase "you can't make this up" gets thrown around a lot, but I'm fully confident that you actually can't make this up.

I wish I could plus rep this like 76 times.

when I get a guy one-shot due to superior movement and positioning then he turns and starts strafing and I miss 7 straight shots thanks to heavy aim and he viciously teabags me but then I switch accounts and my other account has no heavy aim and I don't know when this game will be fixed someone please help

x2afA8v.gif

You guys just have to adapt to the new era of Halo. Heavy aim helps to make the game less about brute force skill and more about positional gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

pretty run of the mill "we didnt think this through" for halo. even if you want to give an incentive, give na 7&8 and am 1&2 a first round bye instead of na 7&8 a 2 round bye

pretty run of the mill "we didnt think this through" for halo. even if you want to give an incentive, give na 7&8 and am 1&2 a first round bye instead of na 7&8 a 2 round bye

That's not a 2 round by, that's just part of the bracket. They get a bye the the absolute end of the bracket where they only have to win once to get to the champ bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That's not a 2 round by, that's just part of the bracket. They get a bye the the absolute end of the bracket where they only have to win once to get to the champ bracket.

ok. it was hard to read the bracket. your point still stands that na 7&8 should play through the entire open

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, looks like theyre just trying to make it a relegation tourney yet again, fucking over AM teams, again. Thank you  for keeping up the grind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, EU really got the shaft this season.

No open LAN

No Finals LAN

No Open Circuit

Only 2 teams go to Dreamhack (where they'll finish 7th-12th and make pennies)

No wonder so many pros aren't bothering.

Welcome to the OCE Region's hell for Worlds.

Where the Aussies were top because the servers are located in Australia.

• Downvote (-1) 1

In regards to the Strongside reaction...

I think in general people tend to put too much emphasis on the verbal aspect of casting, similar to how people will tend to put too much emphasis on K/D in Halo. Is K/D an important facet of Halo? Yes I believe it is, and likewise I still believe the verbal component of casting is important.

However we can't pretend like that's the only component. Recognizability, professionalism, attractiveness, and stage presence especially are all key parts of the job, and I think Strongside provides these much lacking components within the Halo scene with his recognizability through his time spent in the pro scene, clear professionalism, his status as the most handsome Halo caster, as well as him being the tallest Halo caster.

All great reasons to have him on the analyst desk or as a host, not as a caster. When it comes down to it, in the game, the only thing that matters is your verbal input.