CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As you played, and the more you played, your latency would build up and heavy aim would gradually feel worse. One of the solutions was pressing start actually, before they changed the start screen.

You're only the messenger, but that is so fucking annoying to me. It's 2017. We've had how many shooters come out since, I don't know, fucking forever? And here we are with the 343 team trying to figure out how to solve a problem that has probably been solved 1000x over. Shit, 343 already released a Halo title that didn't have this problem. 

Why did they even change?

How is it any different to double-shot and quad shotting from Halo 2.

You have to be in air, aiming, while performing the combo. Seeing how the button combos made H2 so much more competitive and fun to watch, I'm failing to see how this glitch is any different.

Yeah you're right! I also think potentially double shotting with H5 Rockets makes a ton of sense

70Fgct5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

People making fun of a service called Mixer because they want to stay on something called Twitch.

Okay.

or Mixer sounds like a DJ or Wine app..

Either way, I'm excited to see other stream services push out more features so all companies (Twitch/MLG/Hitbox/etc) continue to push to make their products better.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bout to dominate FantasyHCS don't even @ me

DAn7jAtWsAA1451.jpg

No Huke?  :thinking:

I'm ok with my Mikwen pick so far  :simms:

rtqr1y.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Interesting, Tapping went huge vs LG but not so hot vs Splyce. And Falcates went huge vs Splyce and not so hot vs LG

Surprised they've spent time fixing the plasma grenade wall glitch - a classic bug that's been around since maybe even Halo 2?

Now we need to beg for sensitivity curve changes.

I think its fair that we should at least play with the heavy aim fix before criticizing the accel curves.  I personally love the way H5 feels on PC and that is with many different sensitivities.  Really think most of the complaints will be gone with H5 aiming if they truly fix heavy aim.

I think its fair that we should at least play with the heavy aim fix before criticizing the accel curves.  I personally love the way H5 feels on PC and that is with many different sensitivities.  Really think most of the complaints will be gone with H5 aiming if they truly fix heavy aim.

Aiming with a mouse is not comparable to aiming with a joystick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Either way, I'm excited to see other stream services push out more features so all companies (Twitch/MLG/Hitbox/etc) continue to push to make their products better.

I could see it as a DJ app. That sounds like a shitty Wine app though.

The name is pretty meh, and seems like something that a group of older executives came up with as something that would be "hip". Could honestly care less though. And nobody can really leave Twitch ATM anyway so it's all just a long play for Youtube Gaming and Mixer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People making fun of a service called Mixer because they want to stay on something called Twitch.

Okay.

if they really want to make it a thing, they'll need  to offer better benefits than twitch and get exclusive streaming deals for established games (not halo please)

I didn't catch any of the Pro League last night. 

Any series worth watching? 

When Los Genios Malvados played was pretty hype.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

EG vs LG was pretty entertaining.

Ninja got embarrassed on fathom flag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Basically what was explained to me, and this was the good news.

As you played, and the more you played, your latency would build up and heavy aim would gradually feel worse. One of the solutions was pressing start actually, before they changed the start screen.

The good news - they told me they were trying to figure out how to refresh that latency constantly in game, and that wasn't on the build we played.

I have been confident that it has to have something to do with latency. Because of when I finally managed to fix my internet the HeavyAim have been much lighter than it used to be when I had internet problems. I wrote it in one of the threads too. Feels good that I wasn't just headcasing :)

Okay.

Mixer really doesn't sound gaming related at all. This isnt a problem twitch/hitbox have. That said- the sentiment will likely change over time.

That said, beam wasn't a great name either.

I have been confident that it has to have something to do with latency. Because of when I finally managed to fix my internet the HeavyAim have been much lighter than it used to be when I had internet problems. I wrote it in one of the threads too. Feels good that I wasn't just headcasing :)

The issue isn't net latency- it's input latency... why this would 'build' overtime is a complete mystery to me though...

if they really want to make it a thing, they'll need to offer better benefits than twitch and get exclusive streaming deals for established games (not halo please)

Having mixers unique features built directly into popular games seems to be their biggest chance at growing their market share

• Upvote (+1) 1

The issue isn't net latency- it's input latency... why this would 'build' overtime is a complete mystery to me though...

They said though somewhere that it was not the Stick input that was wrong. Can't remember who said it. Think it was in a tweet. Maybe Menke?

Cuz it really have gotten better for me.

I was hoping for them to add some DJ stuff like plug.dj because that'd make sense, but the service is unique. 

Here is to hoping Halo DOES NOT go Mixer only. 

Hitbox doesn't exist anymore guys. They rebranded themselves to smashcast.tv

I've screamed more times in the last 2 weeks than the rest of my life combined due to heavy aim and bad servers. My dog thinks I'm insane. I had to disconnect my mic because I'm such a petulant whiner anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The new co-stream feature on Mixer would actually be a really awesome way for teams to stream during pro league. Wouldn't steal from the main Halo twitch stream, but would allow people to see the POV of their favorite teams/players.

Since Mixer is baked into the OS of the xbox, it would require very minimal effort from the players to set it up.

Do we know anything about the NA Pro League Prize Pool yet? I know Simms came by with an info-bomb about the EU stuff, but do we know if the 1st place team in NA still takes home $13,000?

Rulebook  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 9