CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why was Elamite here  again ? I didn't see him discuss anything HCS related and our issues with HCS itself lie with 343i and those who make decisions in ESL. 

Well, that means he still is here and hopefully reads all the feedback. I think that is something good because not reading is even worse.

Obviously the ONLY way to build the AM scene is to have a points based system wherein all AM teams start with 0 points and all pro teams start with 16,000 points. That way it's fair.

everyone knows the pro teams are better so they deserve those points!

(ESL Logic)

I was still excited for the future of halo months ago and I still am.

Thanks for dropping back in and commenting Elamite, just remember the majority of people here are good people and also just want to see the best for Halo.

One legitimate question though. Why are you excited for the future of Halo? From my perspective I'm actually quite scared for the future of Halo...

Thanks for dropping back in and commenting Elamite, just remember the majority of people here are good people and also just want to see the best for Halo.

One legitimate question though. Why are you excited for the future of Halo? From my perspective I'm actually quite scared for the future of Halo...

He has to be, it's his job on the line.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Try it! My source is the same person that raised hell about the H2A netcode back in January 2015! 

Correlation =/= causation.  This is not true.

Except 343 said they identified the issue and gave a supposed fix in the update that worked for like a day or two. They know the problem

the fixed improved the input latency.  That is it. idk of anybody noticed, but that fix helped the input delay from all the other buttons too. The acceleration curves and whatnot are still jacked.  I think that is what most people "feel".  Why they ever changed from the Beta aiming idk.  Its still crap, just better.  Whats with the sudden acceleration jump sometimes and not other times? That's what gets me the most.  Saying that it was only fixed for a couple days is wrong though.  I feel like people dont remember how wildly inconsistent it was before that update.  It has absolutely not reverted back to that level of fuckery.

I mean the bit where he talked about expectations was spot on. We knew this was the venue and this was how seating etc was going to be. That doesn't mean it didn't suck but it wasn't a surprise.

it was still a surprise to me.  Like i have said before, if you know your venue is shit, you need to make whatever you can be as lit as possible.

The viewing tent should have had special lighting with casters that were not currently engaged mingling with the people.  There should have been 2 big projections for the A and B streams and at least A stream should have been flanked by 8 smaller screens that each showed the individual PoVs of the players.  There should have been free food and drink provided and goddamn cushions on the bleachers.

If viewers couldn't get into the live venue, the viewing tent should have provided an experience that could not be replicated at home, but as it was you were better off just mult-twitching the streams at home and chillin in your jammies.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Obviously the ONLY way to build the AM scene is to have a points based system wherein all AM teams start with 0 points and all pro teams start with 16,000 points. That way it's fair.

I was just thinking about this scenario while digging up this gem of a quote from @@Timo

Yet, for the Summer Season, we could not come to reconcile differences in philosophies on format for the Open Circuit due to the fact that we viewed it as best for the scene to make the Open Circuit for amateurs only, to ensure that their path to the relegation tournament would be protected. But, we understand that amateurs playing with pros in a LAN environment is very important, due to its long-lasting history and the sheer fun and excitement these encounters create. With that in mind, tournament organizers were offered to run LAN events between Pro League seasons where any and all teams, Pro League and otherwise, could compete. For the upcoming Fall Season, we will continue to work with 343 and other tournament organizers on ways that can potentially see Pro League teams integrated into possible Open Circuit LAN events – as long as the format remains competitively fair.

The system ESL has implimented has never been fair or rewarding.

Furthermore, In there ideal scenario, pro-am tourneys would all be unsanctioned.

Then when we finally do get integration, they add in a bunch of arbitrary bullshit to make it as unfair as possible, despite 'fairness' being the alleged reason we couldn't have opens in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll drop the troll bullshit if @@Elamite would go into the truth behind why Burbank ended up being their only option, why it's taken so long to introduce a better ruleset, why suboptimal tournament organizers are routinely chosen over proven ones, why both 343 Industries and ESL employees feel the best strategy is to ignore their most dedicated community website, and where all our REQ pack money went.

Same goes for @@TheSimms or @@Timo or @@Tashi.

Transparency isn't "we'll do better next time," transparency is an answer as to why you fucked up in the first place.

My guess is they won't be allowed to discuss such things. 

I'd rather they just come out with a plan for the future that guarantees decent venues, as well as a change in the settings.

I'm sure they'd love to have an AM scene. But 343 has no idea how to build an AM scene. And the expert TO that they contracted to run the league has no idea how to build an AM scene.

We had an ESL rep come in here and argue that having Pro and AMs play together in open events would impede AMs ability to make it Pro. Seriously, that happened. And these are the guys 343 decided to hand over the keys to.

The blind are leading the blind.

So playing the players they need to play to become a pro will harm their chances of becoming pro?

r0x2b.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll drop the troll bullshit if @@Elamite would go into the truth behind why Burbank ended up being their only option, why it's taken so long to introduce a better ruleset, why suboptimal tournament organizers are routinely chosen over proven ones, why both 343 Industries and ESL employees feel the best strategy is to ignore their most dedicated community website, and where all our REQ pack money went.

Same goes for @@TheSimms or @@Timo or @@Tashi.

Transparency isn't "we'll do better next time," transparency is an answer as to why you fucked up in the first place.

Dont forget why they haven't fixed MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sure they'd love to have an AM scene. But 343 has no idea how to build an AM scene. And the expert TO that they contracted to run the league has no idea how to build an AM scene.

We had an ESL rep come in here and argue that having Pro and AMs play together in open events would impede AMs ability to make it Pro. Seriously, that happened. And these are the guys 343 decided to hand over the keys to. Problems

The blind are leading the blind.

There truly is no hope.

https://youtu.be/L58lDForIqM

He's an ESL project manager.

This doesn't mean he's managing the pro league though? I agree that we need answers, but out of the 4 you mentioned I'd only expect Timo or Tashi to know those details (or at least be allowed to talk about it)

That said, if Elamite or Simms could pass on these concerns, that'd be great.

Much to love to those guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1