CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this forum is like the H4 of forums

We need significant modding to be competitive?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This place is not consistent.

Constant bashing against 343, people who are tired of halo's current direction, followed by those who try to tell us to stay positive and we decline. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

this forum is like the H4 of forums

You mean we have promethean vision and can see where the conversation is going?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Motion to ban the next person who makes this joke

Someone should turn the Shenanigans scene from Super Troopers into a gif about saying "Discussion thread"

Remembering the good days....been a year since I have turned my box on and even longer since I have played halo. Not sure if it's natural aging or what but like any addiction it was hard at first but now I have no real urge......

It amazes me out of the large crew I played through Halo 2 3 and Reach with not a single one plays anymore...heres to the good old days and seeing halo still has a pretty good following. Wish I could go back and relive it.

Remembering the good days....been a year since I have turned my box on and even longer since I have played halo. Not sure if it's natural aging or what but like any addiction it was hard at first but now I have no real urge......

When you as a game designer shoot yourself and your franchise in the foot too much:

cef3a48c6535d9c37fd671672d1a1f1b.png?136

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3- started playing after bungie stopped tracking stats. Very few games.

~250

HR-10,366 started playing this game in early 2013 after trying out h4 for a bit but, but being convinced to buy this second hand by my friends who all still played reach. Started playing and never turned back to h4. Initially me and my friends would play the Living Dead playlist together. We'd play this laggy shit all day,but we loved it.This went on for a year or so, but one day I 1v1d one of my better friends and got spanked 15-6, so I decided I was going to stop playing infection and actually get good. From 2014-2015 I pretty much exclusively played team snipers and 1v1 customs. Actually got pretty decent, and continue to try and improve. That same friend that beat me 15-6 can't beat me on or off host now.

H4-505 played briefly after release. Wasn't a fan. Moved on.

MCC-980 played more than I would've liked because I wanted to play with my friend.

H5-3932 Frustrating at times, with all it's issues but something about this game keeps me playing. Something about the grind just makes me want to play even if I know I'm going to have a bad time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H4-505 played briefly after release. Wasn't a fan. Moved on.

505 is briefly?

I attempted to reverse engineer the spawn system to offer some help to Gh057 in making the settings as competitive as possible and I still didn't break the 400 games mark.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Constant bashing against 343, people who are tired of halo's current direction, followed by those who try to tell us to stay positive and we decline. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Well I was thinking about actual competitive stuff, you know, on topic things, but I suppose the other stuff you listed counts as being consistent. Also I rarely see people telling others to be "positive", what I do see is people telling others not to be assholes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What time does pro league start, it's 12am here in UK not sure whether to stay up o ly really interested in 2nd game today (EG/Splyce)

Well I was thinking about actual competitive stuff, you know, on topic things, but I suppose the other stuff you listed counts as being consistent. Also I rarely see people telling others to be "positive", what I do see is people telling others not to be assholes.

There are people that are hyped and negative here, if you don't see it the you aren't looking close enough. If people didn't care, they wouldn't be here imo.

Yes I know Beyond is known for being "negative", but I see it as a passion of fans that want what's best for competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4