CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So people talking about time played... Makes me sick to say i have 514 days played on my rogue in WoW, granted its been 12 years. (someone in my guild has 1128 days played)

H4 & Reach were awful, so stahp

And EG HYPE 

TB finally brings that consistent slaying power that helps Roy play his play style, falcated brings that support role and can def put up slays, all this separation in game allows LBX work his OBJ magic. All in all, i would have to say the team is meshing pretty well, theyve had 4 nights of tough scrims and really look good. I think the biggest difference this time around is no Towey, that to3 RoyBox/Towey was getting next level toxic, and a coach should never bring that level of toxicity.

2gre offered them so much in game support when he was playing, and now that hes coaching he brings that clutch skill back to them, its really looking positive for this team, i hope for good things.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H4 evolved settings on DLC/forge maps = not that bad.  MCC H4 is also pretty good.  But H5 is way better imo.  

I hate to see stuff like this :/

Seriously confused, aren't the clips still on XboxDVR?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love this forum

I'm glad @@Onset saved you. 

H4 evolved settings on DLC/forge maps = not that bad.  MCC H4 is also pretty good.  But H5 is way better imo.  

Yes, but he might've used smurfs to get clips. 

Speaking of clips we just get the Halo 3 theatre system back?

At one stage I was hoping for bug fixes and new exciting features.

Now just getting the exact H3 theatre and fileshare back would be 100% better than what we have now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You both were banned for harassing members with neg rep, while neg repping a couple posts is fine - going out of your way to neg 5+ posts in a row in a short time frame will result in a ban. This isn't anything new, you both aren't the first and won't be the last.

If you guys want to discuss the injustice of this situation my PM box is always open to discuss it.

Thanks.

i dont feel this is right. If the posts are recent theyre fair game for negdank
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Can you share what the heavy aim issue actually is related to?

For a year plus the issue went unconfirmed, probably harming the mental health of anybody who played significant hours of Halo. Now it's confirmed and the only communication we have is that you guys know what it is, but may or may not be able to fix it, and that fix may or may not be coming soon.

Last night was the worst heavy aim I've had in a while (seriously I was losing my mind):

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/867234162763288576

I appreciate you coming on here and debunking the idea that it's related to stick tuning, but why can't you (or someone from 343, I acknowledge that it's probably not your responsibility) just share what it is and how you're trying to work through solving the problem?

It's already incredibly embarrassing to 343 that the game has been broken for over a year, so there shouldn't be any shame in sharing why it's broken, right? The community might be able to help, and at the very least we'd appreciate being kept in the loop!

I believe the only time we got a glimpse of the cause of the issue, it was from a Menke tweet or something mentioning "input sampling." What this implies to me is something related to frames per second (input sampling is basically the rate at which you measure inputs, in this case stick measurements).

I don't know anything about game design, but in engineering, when you're measuring discrete (occurring at intervals rather than continuously) inputs, getting input sampling right is crucial. I've read online that the Xbox controller's poll rate is 125 Hz, so it makes 125 measurements a second. Assuming this is true, and that it ideally transmits the measurement instantly at the same rate, then you're left with the case where your game's 60 Hz "frame" will contain about 2 measurements from the controller. In theory, and in practice, which one of those two measurements is actually received by the game can vary. If it does vary between 60 Hz frames, it's likely that the aiming will feel different during that time.

All this is conjecture, once again. Maybe it's even wrong. But I'm just going off of hearing "input sampling" and what that might mean.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i dont feel this is right. If the posts are recent theyre fair game for neg

A couple, sure. 5+ in a short span? That's harassment or someone going of out their way to do this. Obviously it isn't black and white as that, but if reports come in we will look at it and determine it.

Speaking of games played and whatnot...have to say that Halo 2 was literal crack for me back in the day

Wish I could track Halo 1, have to imagine it's around 500 games or so.

I was bored one day and added up all my XBL games on one-months + main account, plus LAN games (estimates) ... I'm apparently a Reach kid lol.  Also I didn't play H2 until the very end of its lifespan, alas.  

H1: ~500 games

H2: 1184 games

H3: 2947 games

Reach: 6274 games

H4: 1540 games

MCC: 984 games

H5: 4488 games

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was bored one day and added up all my XBL games on one-months + main account, plus LAN games (estimates) ... I'm apparently a Reach kid lol. Also I didn't play H2 until the very end of its lifespan, alas.

H1: ~500 games

H2: 1184 games

H3: 2947 games

Reach: 6274 games

H4: 1540 games

MCC: 984 games

H5: 4488 games

Heads up for those looking to do this, Halowaypoint screwed up my Halo 2-3 stats by a lot - make sure to use Bungie for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of games played and whatnot...have to say that Halo 2 was literal crack for me back in the day

Yeah I have more H3 games than all the others combined. However I didn't have XBL on OG xbox, just played CE/H2 at my friends house like every day on XBC so I can't track those.

Unrelated but I changed my deadzones from (0, 0) back to default and I don't feel like I'm playing on a 50 inch plasma screen tv anymore even though the aiming is still awful.

Disagree entirely - happy as hell that they've said it's coming at some point. More recently it's been getting on my tits that any time I have bad aim during a fight whether its in Arena against people or against AI in Warzone, I can't tell if it's my aim or the heavy aim & sensitivity curves. 

It's good to know it's coming, it just sucks that there's literally no time frame at all. 

We kind of all assumed that since they were willing to use it at a HCS sanctioned event (provided the players agreed and there wasn't any major bugs) that meant it was close to being released but I guess not.

I am fine with them announcing things with direct time frames or announcing things correctly. 343 rarely does either, and especially hasn't in this case.

It's been 11 days since our last official update on the patch, and the only unofficial update we've gotten was "Don't hold your breath, but don't give up hope". The actual official community manager hasn't said a peep about it. If there is a problem with the patch that has come up in the last 11 days, then say so. We are now going to be watching Pro League tonight with the same shitty aiming mechanics, and no one actually knows what the time frame of the patch is or why they haven't even released any details about it yet when it was apparently close to being played at Daytona.

tBeNxIY.png

It's just annoying community mismanagement.

ZAWDuXI.jpg

Reminds me of when I had run into this guy in Halo 3  :wutface:

0WTZEw8.jpg

Small Break from all this Halo Talk.

Needless to say, don't watch this if you are not up to date.

Hype train departing, everyone please get on board before it leaves you behind.  :fire:  :fire:  :fire: 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No, but they still took less skill than an auto.

I was making fun of all the hypocrites who say they hate H5 because of automatics and that H4 was better. They always used the biggest argument of "Autos autos autos autos" so I was making a very dry humor joke. 

That pie chart thing is pretty cool so I decided to do one as well.

I never really played NBNS Reach, the game was so bad to me at launch that I gave my disc away and missed out on when they made it better. I'm actually shocked I had so many games in Halo 4. Halo 4 to me was terrible but I had a couple of friends come back around the end of H4.

pnQZEtx.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

That pie chart thing is pretty cool so I decided to do one as well.

I never really played NBNS Reach, the game was so bad to me at launch that I gave my disc away and missed out on when they made it better. I'm actually shocked I had so many games in Halo 4. Halo 4 to me was terrible but I had a couple of friends come back around the end of H4.

pnQZEtx.jpg

More Halo 5 than HCE? You're breaking my heart Teapot.

More Halo 5 than HCE? You're breaking my heart Teapot.

There's no real way of me knowing how many games of CE I played. I figure that for a long all day LAN I can usually get a little under 50 games in before my hand breaks. I think the number could actually be a lot higher and I may have played a good 1500-2000 games in just this past year alone considering I've LAN'd a lot more this year than in previous years. I've LAN'd like full 20 days in the past year so I'm actually underestimating the number of games played.

Anyone seen this? A Netflix like subscription service for Xbox games can play anything on the list in full while subscribed, Gold members can start from now with 14 day free trial, comes June 1st for silver.

Halo 5 is on it but rest of list is weak.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6d1a16/xbox_game_pass_launches_june_1st_includes_over/

Is Halo 5 really on it? All I see is Halo: Spartan Assault. Maybe I'm blind?
  • Upvote (+1) 3