CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 has driven us crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did have more fun with Halo 4 BTB than anything in Halo 5 because of the aiming. Sure it wasn't the best Halo game or very competitive, but it was fun to play as a shooter over the holidays. 

Halo 5 has the shit-tackular warzone and now a shitty BTB mode. 

This explains a lot 

This explains a lot 

It doesn't explain shit, stop being a wiseass. 

BTB has always been one of the best parts of Halo for fun shenanigans. Warzone was a horrible replacement. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're all talking like you preferred a game that launched with loadouts (promethean vision?) and ordinance drops, come on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here, let me derail us even more:

H4 Campaign >>>> H5 Campaign.

Let me derail this even further and get neg repped into oblivion: halo 4 campaign>>>>>>>all campaigns
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder if there are people who debated which of the Matrix sequels was better too :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wonder if there are people who debated which of the Matrix sequels was better too :mj:

The Matrix Reloaded was god tier watch your mouth

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread  :apg:

I think acceleration curves blow in general. 

As a faithful elite owner, I tried out all the acceleration curves before realizing there's no way in hell I want my acceleration to change as I'm moving my thumb stick. I might go back and tinker some day, but I don't know why someone wouldn't want the curve to be as consistent as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Halo 5 had H4 or H2A aiming, it would be one of the best Halos we've had since H3. 

Being the best of halo's post H3 isn't saying much. However NBNS Reach was great, just shit maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure once Halo 6 is out, the same people will be saying Halo 5 is better and say Halo 4 is awful.

It's just how the cycle goes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let me derail this even further and get neg repped into oblivion: halo 4 campaign>>>>>>>all campaigns

319656b9bf48e8a4cd69b4bfbb3f0086ef022608

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure once Halo 6 is out, the same people will be saying Halo 5 is better and say Halo 4 is awful.

If that's true then why does everyone say h1,2, and 3 are far superior?

I will go on record to say I think every Halo game post Halo 3* belongs in the garbage, not on a ranking list.

Some people would probably also like to add Halo 3 to the garbage though.

*I count ODST as a part of Halo 3 so that doesn't count.

I think acceleration curves blow in general. 

As a faithful elite owner, I tried out all the acceleration curves before realizing there's no way in hell I want my acceleration to change as I'm moving my thumb stick. I might go back and tinker some day, but I don't know why someone wouldn't want the curve to be as consistent as possible.

Instant stick settings with radial calculation + long sticks.

Not sure of the logic but it makes my aim feel better than default. It just feels delayed when i play on the default curves. 

OT: I've said it several times but I'll say it again. If you buy an elite, go to best buy and pay the extra for the warranty. I just got my 4th elite for free when the last one had LB fall out again. I just pack it back in the box go in and say I want an exchange. No issues and I get a fresh controller every few months. 

Apparently LG and Ronin scrimmed last night (8-5 in favor of LG). Check out Cratos with that hot 0.67 K/D.

http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/469

What I find particularly interesting is that even though Ninja and Sparty had same amount of kills it took Ninja over 600+ more shots to do it.

Instant stick settings with radial calculation + long sticks.

Not sure of the logic but it makes my aim feel better than default. It just feels delayed when i play on the default curves. 

OT: I've said it several times but I'll say it again. If you buy an elite, go to best buy and pay the extra for the warranty. I just got my 4th elite for free when the last one had LB fall out again. I just pack it back in the box go in and say I want an exchange. No issues and I get a fresh controller every few months. 

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. If Microsoft doesn't want to make quality controllers, I'll keep it up. I actually recently added a jump paddle so I don't wear out the LB as much. 

Which setting is instant again? I'm at work and obviously can't go home and check lol. Is that the one where the curve jumps at the beginning and tails off?

Can you share what the heavy aim issue actually is related to?

For a year plus the issue went unconfirmed, probably harming the mental health of anybody who played significant hours of Halo. Now it's confirmed and the only communication we have is that you guys know what it is, but may or may not be able to fix it, and that fix may or may not be coming soon.

Last night was the worst heavy aim I've had in a while (seriously I was losing my mind):

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/867234162763288576

I appreciate you coming on here and debunking the idea that it's related to stick tuning, but why can't you (or someone from 343, I acknowledge that it's probably not your responsibility) just share what it is and how you're trying to work through solving the problem?

It's already incredibly embarrassing to 343 that the game has been broken for over a year, so there shouldn't be any shame in sharing why it's broken, right? The community might be able to help, and at the very least we'd appreciate being kept in the loop!

What I hate most is when people start saying "the aim assist is lowered you noob!!1122" 

Yeah, every other good shooter on the face of this planet has high aim assist and it's not H5's dumb aiming mechanism.