CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Please don't hate on menke guys

He is the best thing to happen to 343 in a long time

No one is hating, he's just being honest about 343. 

Please don't hate on menke guys

He is the best thing to happen to 343 in a long time

That response though...  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :apg:  :apg:  :apg:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm gonna throw this out there as a hypothetical, but if you have a huge population, in MM you're more likely to have a better connection to a nearby player who has host than a dedicated server. And when you have good netcode, any host advantage becomes negligible for both customs and MM. And I'm still crossing my fingers for 60fps on Scorpio. Without either 4k or 60fps Destiny 2 will run at like 20% utilization max which is such a waste. Honestly Scorpio could probably do both. 

The whole Destiny 2 performance discussion is such a perfect example of the magic of console gaming. Reasonably powerful new hardware that can actually run shit? Better crank up all of the obnoxious visual effects and the native resolution to 4K. "30fps on Console vs 60fps on PC" as if people don't realize that you can, in fact, go above 60fps. Not that anyone would care when they have their 100 inch curved 4K TV with 2 seconds of input lag ready to go for Project Scorpio. I'm sure there will be no graphics options, because console, and everyone will still have the distinct privilege of aiming with analogue sticks. Even though they could optimize the hell out of their software for very specific proprietary hardware and almost certainly get great, consistent performance, that won't happen and instead it's 30 or 60, 1080 or 4k.

This silliness is the same reason H5 runs with wildly fluctuating native resolution and turns animations into a slide show at long range. Gotta squeeze every ounce of light bloom they can out of the engine while maintaining what should be a bare minimum performance standard at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sucks the open circuit settings/layout continue to be subpar but I think this will be an awesome season in terms of competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is hating, he's just being honest about 343. 

Is there anything you do like? Or do you just like criticizing everything you come across?  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is there anything you do like? Or do you just like criticizing everything you come across?  :intensifies:

I like a lot of stuff - fairly positive person all around. Just to hate to see incompetence being funded. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That response though...  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :apg:  :apg:  :apg:  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

tbh i'd rather him tell us its never coming than having to constantly ask and wonder. i'd rather know the direction 343 is going than to put that 100GB back on my hard drive and wait for nothing. i'm willing to bet that the majority of studio resources are being put into h6 and h5 will be somewhat stabilized and that's it.

i just wish we could get someone from hcs talking to us as much as menke does

• Upvote (+1) 2

i just wish we could get someone from hcs talking to us as much as menke does

I wish we knew who's running the damn thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is weird... I'm an EG fan...

But I have this weird feeling... Like a thought that the twins may start doing well again...

I think it's... hope?!?

Thoughts on the New EG

Nah, but they're still probably not gonna make the top 4, even top 6 will be close  :mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 8

with the NBA playoffs here and Halo pro league coming i thought it might be fun to compare popular (seasoned) H5 players to NBA stars here are some

Snakebite: Lebron James, snakebite can do and will do anything to make his team better, he can lead his team in slays, assists, and all obj stats if needed.

Royal 2: Michael Jordan, Who else are you compare to MJ? Royal 2 has arguably the most slaying power in halo 5, and comes up stupid clutch when you need him without being reckless.

Lxthul: Magic Johnson, maybe not as great at scoring as lebron, but in my opinion a way better facilitator, with a more "hollywood" personality, Can fit any role and also lead by example.

Frosty: (going old school here) 'Pistol' Pete Maravich the greatest college basketball player of all time, and an NBA legend himself, responsible for changing the game with his movement and unique style of play, while making his team around him better and slaying in fun and unique ways.

Ninja: KOBE sometimes reckless aggression for better or worse, when hes hot even snakebite has said he is one of the hardest to stop. Ninja is a tough shot taker, tough shot maker, challenging everything and going for the noscopes.

Victory X: Tim Duncan, the big fundamental, and it would not surprise me if Cam plays until he is 41. His slower, not dying a lot style of play will work for any halo. He may not be flashy but he does everything exceptionally well.

APG: James Harden, impeccable style, and Brad will probably date a Kardashian one day, APG can run the point when needed but also put up big statlines in slays and assists. 

Shotzy: Not seasoned but i had to make this comparison, Russel Westbrook, Full speed all the time, hitting crazy shots, making crazy play to keep games alive (like getting a triple and a flag pull to save the game in the LCQ)  With time he can become one of the greatest to ever play.

Thats it for now, if yall like these ill maybe do another one soon :o

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Has anyone asked Menke exactly who we should be asking that question too?  He seems responsive to responding so maybe we need a better question.  Not specifically asking you just curious if anyone has done that on twitter yet.

Elite controller owners: What are your sensitivity curves and other aiming settings at? Just got one and enjoying the taller sticks (have big hands) but also having a sens crisis. Was on 1/5/5 with default controller. Didn't see a recent elite thread and didn't want to necro-post. Plus I think there are more H5 players here than in the actual H5 thread  :apg:

Most recently I've been using 1/4/4 with default curves, 4/4 deadzones. I've jumped through what feels like every sens with the Elite, this feels the most consistent to me but that could very well be in my head. FWIW, my second favorite was 3/4 with a smooth curve. This game...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja: KOBE sometimes reckless aggression for better or worse, when hes hot even snakebite has said he is one of the hardest to stop. Ninja is a tough shot taker, tough shot maker, challenging everything and going for the noscopes.

This one is insulting to a Kobe fan, the rest arent bad.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's what I'm saying.

Lol, loving the troll, however, we should run MM together sometime