CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you want to fix the heavy aiming, make a smurf account and then don't open any REQs that give you permanent unlocks. It looks like the REQ system is causing the reticule lag/ heavy aiming. At the very least it's part of the problem. I just made a smurf and the change is immediately noticeable after 7 arena games. 

Hopefully someone like @@Neighbor can look into this.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/heavy-aiming-is-not-fixed/edc2890d-30a9-4242-8851-c474ac95a22f/posts?page=22

Dude, if this is true, this is the fucking bug find of all bug finds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Elamite Thanks for stopping by, place already feels better.

Btw, good job this weekend, your casting has improved a lot. It does feel you truly are passionate about what you are doing.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The other issue is quantifying "heavy aim." If someone could rig up a modded controller, send it some stick inputs, and then measure the reticle response, we could actually test hypotheses.

This is the biggest problem. Anyone and everyone can complain about heavy aim. But until you quantify it, nothing will happen. Until you can rule out placebo effect then you're not going to get a solution

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ask any pro or talent, these weekends are exhausting and I'm not even gonna talk about my month. I understand why every one is angry. I'm was only addressing one person who was personally coming after me and look what that did lol. I think a lot of good things will come out of all this and I was still excited for the future of halo months ago and I still am.

I think we all hope good things come out of it. I also feel bad every time myself or others just randomly use "ESL" as a blanket term for who runs the things we don't like when there are easily tons of people like yourself that have passion and do good work that get caught up under that umbrella while being undeserving of the negative attention. A lot of it really is that we have no contact with the people who make the decisions and nobody really talks to us until something goes really wrong. A lot of the criticism is self made by those in charge and then its dumped all over the people that work for them because they're unknowns to us all. That could be easily avoided by just being more transparent and open about things

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is the biggest problem. Anyone and everyone can complain about heavy aim. But until you quantify it, nothing will happen. Until you can rule out placebo effect then you're not going to get a solution

Except 343 said they identified the issue and gave a supposed fix in the update that worked for like a day or two. They know the problem
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Except 343 said they identified the issue and gave a supposed fix in the update that worked for like a day or two. They know the problem

From our perspective though, we still know nothing. I'm not saying they need to be 100% transparent but to just tell us it's fixed without any info with regard to what they identified the problem as, we can't take anything they say as proof that it's fixed. What exactly did they fix?

Honestly I feel like they're probably just unsure because it's such a massive problem. You could be looking at a solution of unpacking the entire game to go over every piece of code, which they're obviously not going to do

What are all the instances 343s used numbers/something to try to spin themselves in a better light? :intel:

Im having a hard time remembering these for some reason and didn't save it at the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has 343 said anything about what they plan do settings wise yet or no? Hopefully they test a few more things out in proving grounds since a lot of people don't like the auto starts with the SA radar. 

Although its nice to get a response from Frankie I can't do it justice as to how frustating it is to see the same old "we're listening" "we must do better" corporate BS feedback bullshit.

7 years, its all most a company slogan at this point. For all people like to paint Microsoft as the big evil meddling corporation they've been pretty forgiving of 343, we all know they can be ruthless so I honestly wonder if H6 is the last throw of the dice for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pros often had brand new accounts for pro league, and they still had the heavy aiming. 

Also don't forget that pros were reporting heavy reticle aim at worlds; it's not like they were sitting there opening packs  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Although its nice to get a respose from Frankie I can't do it justice as to how frustating it is to see the same old "we're listening" "we must do better" corporate BS feedback bullshit.

Downplayed the issues and situation while also at the same time posted the inflated stats.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also don't forget that pros were reporting heavy reticle aim at worlds; it's not like they were sitting there opening packs :simms:

Its unbelievable that we get these kind of issues at any live tournament. Please can we get LAN for H6. It would be interesting to see if this heavy aiming is more related to interactions with servers or buried deeper in the game

What are all the instances 343s used numbers/something to try to spin themselves in a better light? :intel:

Im having a hard time remembering these for some reason and didn't save it at the time.

They tried to imply that Halo 5 was the most successful Halo launch of all time by including all Halo-related packaging in their sales numbers. So every Master Chief controller or Halo XBone that was sold was subtly shoved into the same pile of Halo 5 copies.

Then there was the vague "H5 has the best player retention since Halo 3." Which very well may be true, but it was definitely an attempt to manipulate by comparing H5 favorably to the most successful Halo game.

Wouldn't be surprised if there have been more viewer shenanigans as well, but I don't know that for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No open structure means players don't want to play if they're not on a pro team already. There is no incentive

100% this next season has to have a better open structure, we can't afford to lose more players

• Upvote (+1) 2