CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1) These moves on EG are probably the best moves they could have made imo.  We all know that Tapping is a talent, but he hasn't been able to consistently play against the top NA teams and now he will.  Basically, i think he has more potential "upside" than most other available players.

2) Good for Towey and 2gre.  I would like to see both of them get in the booth at some point if they could.

3) Just because someone lives in Mexico, doesn't automatically mean that their internet sucks.  C'mon people.

4) If 343 could push out this aim update.... that would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Im starting to like Neighbor even more, I'll even consider ignore the cringy intro to his H3 Montage.

Unforgivable imo
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Trust me, i'm haunted every time I think about it.

With that being said, I'm hoping to follow up with Hysteria and drop the sequel soon. 

We need a guardian 1v1 montage

I watched both of our VOD's over the weekend dating back to tournaments played since 2007. I counted every time I pulled a flag compared to T2. Study concluded that I pulled the flag 29 more times than Tom in H2, 345 more pulls in H3, equal amount of pulls in Reach, and in HALO 4 I DEFINITELY have him beat...(did he even play?).

He has me beat in MCC H2A because I wasn't allowed to play.

Note: My flag pull-capture conversion rate was around 98%.

Another side note, T2 beat me in every CTF game in 2008

vdSHQLY.gif

It's not right for the current EU climate, having top 6 so segregated away from everyone else and we want to bring something better to the scene. No EU Open simply because we will not have a relegation to feed them into, for Fall season of the EU HCS Pro League are making some format changes so that everyone in EU can compete.

No final details but TLDR - No Open circuit now in Summer for EU AM's, better overall format for the whole of EU tailored to meet the scenes needs in Fall.

Still too long, didn't read.

Trust me, i'm haunted every time I think about it.

With that being said, I'm hoping to follow up with Hysteria and drop the sequel soon. 

Yo, can you explain why you're always signed in on MCC even now?

A lot of the casual-tryhards I've met through Halo matchmaking are Southerners in their mid-20s. I'm not sure if they're NASCAR fans, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a notable overlap as they fall into the same demographic as one of NASCAR's targeted demos. Promotion through NASCAR doesn't seem like too bad an idea to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

A lot of the casual-tryhards I've met through Halo matchmaking are Southerners in their mid-20s. I'm not sure if they're NASCAR fans, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a notable overlap as they fall into the same demographic as one of NASCAR's targeted demos. Promotion through NASCAR doesn't seem like too bad an idea to me.

This is honestly almost my exact same experience, the best people I've consistently played with over the last couple of years are all mid to late 20s from Alabama, and pretty much all were H2 kids.  From what they've told me they had a pretty good scene back in the day, and a decent amount of them have stuck around through all the games (I met most of them during H4).

correct, I think most people on this website have no idea how popular/mainstream NASCAR is in like half the states in America

3) Just because someone lives in Mexico, doesn't automatically mean that their internet sucks.  C'mon people.

It's less about the quality of the internet and more about the distance between servers. Look at Royal 2, for example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not right for the current EU climate, having top 6 so segregated away from everyone else and we want to bring something better to the scene. No EU Open simply because we will not have a relegation to feed them into, for Fall season of the EU HCS Pro League are making some format changes so that everyone in EU can compete.

No final details but TLDR - No Open circuit now in Summer for EU AM's, better overall format for the whole of EU tailored to meet the scenes needs in Fall.

Thanks for the clarification, was worried EU was getting pulled.

I know you have restrictions on what you can say but may be worth getting info out asap to avoid loads of players dropping out. EU halo twitterdom is pretty grim atm.

• Upvote (+1) 1