CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm really curious how many people are a fan of Halo and Nascar :thinking:

I can get down with NASCAR. I remember they had the Master Chief and Locke cars. 

Plus a lot of friends of mine who are NASCAR fans had fond memories of Halo 3....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really curious how many people are a fan of Halo and Nascar :thinking:

don't think it's about having people that like both. I think it's more for exposure than anything

Hecz made a good point that a sponsor doesn't necessarily need to be related to esports. The more non esports related sponsors that come into esports the better because it provides exposure or something like that. Like what do car companies or banking have to do with sports.

I know the situations are different but it's kinda related

• Upvote (+1) 7

So the image was right? (apart from the LCQ part).

Why not just type 1 sentence to explain why some teams are playing twice?

• Upvote (+1) 7

don't think it's about having people that like both. I think it's more for exposure than anything

Hecz made a good point that a sponsor doesn't necessarily need to be related to esports. The more non esports related sponsors that come into esports the better because it provides exposure or something like that. Like what do car companies or banking have to do with sports.

I know the situations are different but it's kinda related

Optic are fantastic at this, they know what markets to reach out for, for example Turtle Wax, half these young men have nice cars so why not do twitter photos like Boze and Crimsix everytime they wash there cars?

Alot of them go to gym so have like a GymShark sponsor, it's fantastic marketing and it's why Hecz and Optic are so far ahead of every other E-team especially console wise.

E-Sport is a really Viral word and many companies are trying ro jump into the scene, Optic are in the best position to take full advantage of everything.

This is the HCS, we literally have to decipher 95% of the announcements.

At this point I feel like they should just release all information in the form of word find puzzles, at least there'd be some excitement around the search.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope he steps his stream game up, he has a chance to become a huge personality in it. 

The thing about it, as far as Halo goes, he already was. He was almost reaching Ninja levels of Halo viewership until he decided to drop off the face of the planet. Of course Ninja is going to completely own the streams when he views, but he was definitely #2 for quite some time. I'd imagine if he'd just kept it up he'd the biggest by a significant margin right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always thought Nascar fans were a myth. Ive never actually met one lol.

I assure you, we're real.

P.s. @@DenialPanda you owe me a new phone because you made me spit my coffee all over this one.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I always thought Nascar fans were a myth. Ive never actually met one lol.

Must've never been to the South.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey gents, just got back from working an event in London, I'm also out this week on another project. (may is super busy here in the uk office, sorry I've been a little AFK)

Any questions or stuff your need info and clarity on feel free to @ and I'll try answer as much as possible by tomorrow as it's my last free day at home before heading out again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think what bothers me about EG as an org is there is no cross game support among their teams. Optic is a great example of what this should look like. They cheer for the teams AND the org.