CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG just won a 50-49 Slayer so that was cool. Tapping doesn't talk but he might just not be comfortable yet. Plus it is NV (a tough scrim).

After tuning into Lunchbox's stream for 5 minutes, how does anyone team with the twins?

Shit's nonstop.

RoyBox have communicated the same way their entire careers and to put it bluntly, you either like it or you don't. Their comms can get intense but that's apart of their competitive nature and is the main reason why they have done so well in their respective careers. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Never realized how fast Lunchbox plays... like damn. It's like he heard everyone saying a H3 kid cannot adapt so he's overcompensating. Then again, he's got to hustle when there is three down and the collapse is coming in every minute.

He's always played this fast. he needs to slow down more
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Team looked good tonight glad to see eg looking at newer options, lunch's shot was awful tonight and they still kept games close

I watched 5 games of EG's scrim and the only time I heard Tapping say anything was when he got mad after Snipedown perfected him

• Upvote (+1) 4

Couldn't be less excited for pro league, but presence of Tapping Buttons certainly makes it somewhat intetesting. Retirement of Towey was long time coming and I am interested to see what kind of impact it will have on Eg.

But honestly, Eg had so many great players on their squad that I just don't see them making huge improvements.

With that, I can't wait to see them play at Dreamhack (if Eg can pull trough those Visa problems). League will be just nice scrim period for them. Could see Tapping getting snapped by another team soon.

Never realized how fast Lunchbox plays... like damn. It's like he heard everyone saying a H3 kid cannot adapt so he's overcompensating. Then again, he's got to hustle when there is three down and the collapse is coming in every minute.  

Lunchbox has always been one of the most aggressive players in H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

RoyBox have communicated the same way their entire careers and to put it bluntly, you either like it or you don't. Their comms can get intense but that's apart of their competitive nature and is the main reason why they have done so well in their respective careers. 

I love the twins but I've heard this excuse over and over again. It's a fault. It's not good and it blatantly hurts their communication. They obviously make up for this fault in other facets of their gameplay but their communication is horrible and it's been that way for a long time, while only recently has communication mattered so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love the twins but I've heard this excuse over and over again. It's a fault. It's not good and it blatantly hurts their communication. They obviously make up for this fault in other facets of their gameplay but their communication is horrible and it's been that way for a long time, while only recently has communication mattered so much.

Their in-game communication was some of the best in H3 and Reach though????

H3 and Reach-era Listen-Ins, they and Status Quo stood out as teams that REALLY understood how to communicate in a team game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Their in-game communication was some of the best in H3 and Reach though????

H3 and Reach-era Listen-Ins, they and Status Quo stood out as teams that REALLY understood how to communicate in a team game.

You're right I overstepped. The current state of their communication is just plain bad though. It's more so when everything falls apart that they go at eachothers throats and ignore the game and potential opportunities to complain to one another about past faults.

You're right I overstepped. The current state of their communication is just plain bad though. It's more so when everything falls apart that they go at eachothers throats and ignore the game and potential opportunities to complain to one another about past faults.

Scrimming honestly sounds like a chore for their teammates.  How can you ever have a good start when the twins are still talking about the problems of last game sometimes up to a minute into the next game?  That alone would make me say fuck it and get offline haha.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah roybox's Halo 3 and Reach communication was top tier, with how much more is going on in Halo 5 it just ends up in jumbled panicking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. I'd consider Tapping Buttons a top ten player in the game and easily the best player on EG right now

Tapping Buttons is so good that ppl started spreading rumors about him using a keyboard and mouse. If he's actually legit, then EG just got a lot stronger. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

he's very talented. a lot more than just hitting shots. he has a very fundamental and intelligent approach to the game and can really make big openings for the twins to dominate. i loved watching him in the esml

• Upvote (+1) 2

Contra, Devon, Noob, Buttons. Your new squad Eg, pick them up (you can keep 2ogre as a coach).

• Downvote (-1) 3

Keyboarding is a amusing concept. Imagine he was outed and EG had to release a statement hahahhah

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly think the twins have a better chance in this game without Towey. He ended up just being another abrasive, often negative voice on comms. He also valued his opinion on strategies at the same level or above the twins as he'd often speak over them like he was stating fact, which IMO is laughable as he's never been a top player and no one knows strategy like RoyBox. You can be around pros and pick stuff up but unless you've played at that level you're missing a lot of the unspoken variables.

• Upvote (+1) 8

STFU EH.

What does Special Transitory Food Unit has to do with hockey? :simms: