CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm still confused about that team. They shouldn't have dropped anyone. I can understand if ninja/victory wouldnt want to return though

i know. Such a dumb call to drop cam after one bad week. They all got along so well and did work...why ruin something good?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

i know. Such a dumb call to drop cam after one bad week. They all got along so well and did work...why ruin something good?

Beating Optic was the result of a satanic ritual and Victory X was the sacrificial lamb.

I mean, it's the most logical explanation.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Splyce is the best org at Twitter for HCS right now. They seem to care more

We need skins

Recent Months ??. EG hasnt done shit in a year.

Most teams would love to have done what eg has the past year.

Well, the right team won ... hopefully Cody and Ryanoob get picked up by pro teams

Why? Pro league is only 7 games with more money in the AM cups now. Relegation is only a month away. The team is better to stick and play at dreanhack
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It'd be cool to see ol Limpo make it in, but favorites should be Secret and French T04.

We are not playing today. Three of us have commitments for today that we can't skip out on. We knew this going in yesterday. We just played for fun and for making the qualifier have more teams.

I would not see those teams as favourites. I think Hmmm is gonna take one spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No EU LANs this season is about as depressing as it gets. How can HCS seriously expect to grow a scene over here if they're not willing to give players a venue to showcase their talent? What's more, the EU LANs that we have had have always been great tournaments in terms of production, and make the HCS look a lot better than some of the dodgy NA events we've seen recently. Props to @@TheSimms and co for pushing ahead with EU Pro League but it's pretty clear to me that 343/HCS do not care about growing their esport on this side of the pond anymore.

Players aren't stupid either, if there's nothing to play for, why bother? If they're looking to make a living from esports, I can't blame them for abandoning Halo at this point. For an EU player, there are no real opportunities outside of making a bit of pocket money in an online cup which is in no way a fair judgement of the best competition.

Very depressing indeed.

Totally agree, it sucks. Without LAN support there is little the community can do unless a dedicated servers tournament is run. Just seems strange 343 would put money into something that gives AMs no incentive. I think i remember something saying there was 30000 in prize money for eu pro league for summer season. Using this money for 1 open LAN with top 4 going to dreamhack would be better for the scene.

There are a few online leagues happening in EU with a decent number of teams competing and its easy enough to run an online tourney for seeding if necessary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

7d24e57509.png

10 different countries represented in the EU LCQ tomorrow, pretty cool

IMO its between hmmmm, we know the secret and french to4

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be fair for the first Pro league they had a LAN LCQ and all qualifiers were based on LAN.

this is a fair point, but they were building the pro league at that time.

Their method of maintaining pro status also includes LANs via the season finals.

But i wouldn't expect them to commit to hosting live events anytime a team decides to dissolve-

Why? Pro league is only 7 games with more money in the AM cups now. Relegation is only a month away. The team is better to stick and play at dreanhack

These upcoming truncated seasons are a giant silver lining in the shit storm that is pro league.

The importance of online play has been minimized, and it'll all come down to LAN performance. Technically, a team that isn't in proleague could walk away as this seasons champs. Obviously that's highly unlikely, but the format is exciting - they are finally removing some of the artificial barriers thrown up between pros and AMs.

They are one step closer to a season structure that makes sense.

These upcoming truncated seasons are a giant silver lining in the shit storm that is pro league.

The importance of online play has been minimized, and it'll all come down to LAN performance. Technically, a team that isn't in proleague could walk away as this seasons champs. Obviously that's highly unlikely, but the format is exiting - they are finally removing some of the artificial barriers thrown up between pros and AMs.

They are one step closer to a season structure that makes sense.

This, the $2k am cups, and the fact that dreamhack will have an open relegation that feed directly into finals shows that maybe just maybe we are finally heading in the right direction when it comes to the am scene. As long as we dont fuck up dreamhack in some way, then we might have a chance to survive until h6

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'd be cool to see ol Limpo make it in, but favorites should be Secret and French T04. 

Hmmmm is made up of players previously from EU Pro League isn't it?

:thinking:  Hmmmm   :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

:thinking:  Hmmmm   :thinking:

Hmmm giving Realest Tins a run for their money for best team names.

Simms build up hype intro between Realest Tins and Bens Coffee Lads was legendary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Simms build up hype intro between Realest Tins and Bens Coffee Lads was legendary.

My god, how did I forget about that one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait so the EU LCQ over and it wasn't streamed or anything?

Its not over yet but there is no official stream. However @@ssbChad is streaming it.

Www.twitch.tv/ALGChad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not over yet but there is no official stream. However @@ssbChad is streaming it.

Www.twitch.tv/ALGChad

So there's not gonna be any official streams lame I was looking forward to hearing simms cast. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So there's not gonna be any official streams lame I was looking forward to hearing simms cast.

Yeah, would have been cool but probably no budget for it. At least he was able to use the esl halo twitter to tweet chads stream. Pretty sure he needed permission to do that.

Your dads best mate has to be up there as well
  • Upvote (+1) 1

is that seriously true...

It was announced. I can't find it, but I remember that specifically

Anyone know why ninjas rebroadcast from yesterday doesn't include halo?