CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ask any pro or talent, these weekends and I'm not even gonna talk about my month. I understand why every one is angry. I'm was only addressing one person who was personally coming after me and look what that did lol.

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

More than anything else we've gotten. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's blank for me also, so he may not have meant to submit the post when he did.

Off-topic, but I had an issue like that before too. Are you using Ghostery? It automatically disables embedded Tweets for some reason, and if you want to there's an option to turn it off.

Ghostery? lol No but something similar. Figured it was an addon that was the culprit. But thanks.

He plus repped my previous post asking if his work is strictly broadcast related and has nothing to do with the venue. In which case I don't think he has the answers we're looking for, and I doubt he's in a position where he wants to discuss something about his employer without full knowledge

I still think we need Tashi or Timo, or someone related to physically planning these events to come here if we want an answer.

I don't think he really can respond man. Its not his place, nor his job. Hes a caster, he can't do anything about it and depending on the company it could put his job at risk maybe.

Is simply indicating that his views dont represent 343i's and giving his opinions on settings really that much of a redtape issue though? other topics i get but c'mon, we have simms posting a literal "this is my settings" post a while ago and he's not in the fryer as far as we know.

If you want to fix the heavy aiming, make a smurf account and then don't open any REQs that give you permanent unlocks. It looks like the REQ system is causing the reticule lag/ heavy aiming. At the very least it's part of the problem. I just made a smurf and the change is immediately noticeable after 7 arena games. 

Hopefully someone like @@Neighbor can look into this.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/heavy-aiming-is-not-fixed/edc2890d-30a9-4242-8851-c474ac95a22f/posts?page=22

this is still the most absurd shit ever, nearly to the point of hilarity

If you want to fix the heavy aiming, make a smurf account and then don't open any REQs that give you permanent unlocks. It looks like the REQ system is causing the reticule lag/ heavy aiming. At the very least it's part of the problem. I just made a smurf and the change is immediately noticeable after 7 arena games. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/heavy-aiming-is-not-fixed/edc2890d-30a9-4242-8851-c474ac95a22f/posts?page=22

LMAO I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories about the aiming problem with this game but this must be the most ridiculous one ever.

But of course you are just trolling, right... right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is simply indicating that his views dont represent 343i's and giving his opinions on settings really that much of a redtape issue though? other topics i get but c'mon, we have simms posting a literal "this is my settings" post a while ago and he's not in the fryer as far as we know.

My apologies, I thought you were talking about the Worlds event. If you meant game settings then I don't think it's a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories about the aiming problem with this game but this must be the most ridiculous one ever.

Apparently it may be becuas reqs take up too much memory? Sounds plausible, Halo 5s code is probably held together by tape

Dont forget anything is possible with 343

• Upvote (+1) 7

Change for the sake of change, not for improving the game

I swear they do this to appeal to the brainless idiots that will see changes and say "yay 343 is doing something!1!" when it's really just counterproductive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently it may be becuas reqs take up too much memory? Sounds plausible, Halo 5s code is probably held together by tape

Dont forget anything is possible with 343

There's clearly an aiming problem with this game, the engine isn't fucked up, it is just inconsistent and varies from game to game, some games you feel aiming like a god, then the next one you can't hit a perfect even if your opponent is looking directly at you without moving. I've played this game for over 1000 hours, with my main account and smurf accounts, so no, it's definitely not the req packs because I don't buy them with my smurfs and the aiming still feels shitty and random.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Try it! My source is the same person that raised hell about the H2A netcode back in January 2015! 

I think it's definitely a server issue. I can't say I've experienced heavy aim in unlock heavy games like Battlefield.

There's clearly an aiming problem with this game, the engine isn't fucked up, it just is inconsistent and varies from game to game, some games you feel aiming like a god, then the next one you can't hit a perfect even if your opponent is looking directly at you without moving. I've played this game for over 1000 hours, with my main account and smurf account, so no, it's definitely not the req packs because I don't buy them with my smurfs and they aiming still feels shitty and random.

It doesn't totally fix it, I'll admit that. But between my main and my smurf, the smurf is much more consistent. It still gets fucked up sometimes, but far less often. My main is barely playable.

If this is true...

I honestly wouldn't be that surprised. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pros often had brand new accounts for pro league, and they still had the heavy aiming. 

I shouldn't have used the word fixed. It helps a lot but does not get rid of it entirely!

As unlikely as it sounds (for 343 it honestly wouldn't be surprising if true with their track record on things) theres been crazier shit in history thats been dismissed, mocked and ridiculed to turn out to be true. The guys just trying to help too, so be a little nicer to him. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm calling placebo effect. It's certainly not impossible, but I really don't buy the reqs affecting memory much. It's not like they aren't in the game if you don't have them unlocked. It's not like if you went to Warzone as a smurf, the game would lag out because it couldn't comprehend the existence of a Nornfang. 

Plus, pros have complained about heavy aim at the LAN events, and unless you're saying they're recovering their actual Xbox live accounts and then reloading in all those reqs (which I again doubt are ever loaded in just because you have them unlocked), they shouldn't feel the effects. 

I personally never said anything about memory or RAM. I don't buy the memory explanation either. But I tried a smurf and it's a lot better. I still get heavy aim but it's way more playable than my main. 

As unlikely as it sounds (for 343 it honestly wouldn't be surprising if true with their track record on things) theres been crazier shit in history thats been dismissed, mocked and ridiculed to turn out to be true. The guys just trying to help too, so be a little nicer to him.

If Halo 6 is really going to be built from the base of Halo 5

We still gon be arguing about the aiming two years from now lol

It feels crazy to type that out

• Upvote (+1) 1

8Sn3dIh.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally never said anything about memory or RAM. I don't buy the memory explanation either. But I tried a smurf and it's a lot better. I still get heavy aim but it's way more playable than my main.

That's partially true imo, I always feel like I don't miss when I play the first 1 or 2 weeks with a new smurf account, then I start missing shots and connection feels bad again, but it's definitely either a placebo effect or just connection related, I still feel like the aiming is somehow related to your ping to the servers, but I really can't buy the req packs theory.

The other issue is quantifying "heavy aim." If someone could rig up a modded controller, send it some stick inputs, and then measure the reticle response, we could actually test hypotheses.

• Upvote (+1) 3