CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tapping Buttons is a much better player than Naded. Huge upgrade if true.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ronin > EG and it's not even close. EG has no business being a "professional" Halo team.

Lol both placed 9-12 at daytona

At this point EG is the Halo version of Ninjas in Pyjamas (CS:GO). 

Both have kept a core group of players (EG with Roybox, NiP with f0rest, Get_Right, Xizt, and friberg) and have not experienced success in recent months including not qualifying for major events such as Worlds or Majors. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one baffled that something as important as the LCQ is still being held online? I feel something this important should be held on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 8

At this point EG is the Halo version of Ninjas in Pyjamas (CS:GO). 

Both have kept a core group of players (EG with Roybox, NiP with f0rest, Get_Right, Xizt, and friberg) and have not experienced success in recent months including not qualifying for major events such as Worlds or Majors. 

Recent Months ??. EG hasnt done shit in a year.

Am I the only one baffled that something as important as the LCQ is still being held online? I feel something this important should be held on LAN.

I generally agree, but it's an online league...

Luckily finals is an open LAN to cancel our all this nonsense

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe that you are someone who is not satisfied unless they have something to bitch about. You remind me of this person I had a conversation with at this year's G4G. I cant quite put my finger on it, but this fellow just came off as a total D-BAG. Not saying you are. Just saying. 

• Downvote (-1) 11

Lol both placed 9-12 at daytona

also, almost all of EG's lost games were very very close

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is EG allowed to make another change rosters locked ages ago...but then again with ESL in charge I shouldn't be surprised. :kappa:

To be fair for the first Pro league they had a LAN LCQ and all qualifiers were based on LAN. 

According to twitch chat dastroyed lagged out of oxygen's discord during that final series. Hopefully oxygen is able to get him a better connection and sticks it out till atlanta because they could relegate someone with how they played the last couple of weeks

Ronin > EG and it's not even close. EG has no business being a "professional" Halo team.

And Ronin has no business being in the pro league considering what they did to secure it
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I know the argument is that it's an online league, but the qualification is for entry into that league. It's not some kind of preseason or anything, so I don't buy the idea it's fine to have it online. The qualification for the league is very important, just like the relegation from the league is important. If the relegation happens on LAN, as it does, then so should the qualification. 

The fact of the matter is that in an online league that is played out over multiple weeks, the effects of short term internet issues are masked. For the LCQ, as we saw on Thursday with bubu's connection, you have such a small number of games to be played, that any crazy online-related problems can have massive impacts on the outcome. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

According to twitch chat dastroyed lagged out of oxygen's discord during that final series. Hopefully oxygen is able to get him a better connection and sticks it out till atlanta because they could relegate someone with how they played the last couple of weeks

they could 100% relegate EG and Ronin

• Upvote (+1) 2

And Ronin has no business being in the pro league considering what they did to secure it

great argument until you consider the fact that Ronin > EG and that it's actually EG that has no business having a guaranteed spot in this "pro" league. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EG with TB still as bad as EG with Snipedown, Commonly, Contra, Ninja, Cam, Naded, and Svspector. I wonder what the real problem is?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

His computer is fucked up or something, had nothing to do with his internet.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The only time EG was ever good at Halo was when Lethal was on the team. Have been trash ever since he left. Lethal WAS EG.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I've just been spoiled by other eSports leagues.

I believe that you are someone who is not satisfied unless they have something to bitch about. You remind me of this person I had a conversation with at this year's G4G. I cant quite put my finger on it, but this fellow just came off as a total D-BAG. Not saying you are. Just saying. 

duly noted

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tsquared and Elamite are so good at casting. Easily the best Halo has. No disrespect to Simms, Wonderboy, etc., just that Tsquared and Elamite are on another level.

I agree 100%. It was great having them back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tapping Buttons is a much better player than Naded. Huge upgrade if true.

May be the best move they've made since Lethul left.

(To clarify, I mean picking up Tapping Buttons, not dropping Naded.)

• Upvote (+1) 5