CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kind of underwhelming roster. Would try to grab Jimbo and Kimbo. I see the current Infused and Lc better than Fab.

League might be more fun though.

Wonder if Buks will strike back.

From what i could gather on Jimbo's stream, with it being after roster lock they were not allowed to take players from pro league teams, which is LC, infused and supremacy. Lunny and riotz were teaming with septiq but were set to go through lcq.

This team switch was also the likely catalyst for septiq quitting.

INB4 Scaryotic wins the 2018 HWC

I see what you did there (no hwc2018)

Btw good job at Daytona. I enjoyed your presence at analyst desk very much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see what you did there (no hwc2018)

Btw good job at Daytona. I enjoyed your presence at analyst desk very much.

Haha. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it. 

From what i could gather on Jimbo's stream, with it being after roster lock they were not allowed to take players from pro league teams, which is LC, infused and supremacy. Lunny and riotz were teaming with septiq but were set to go through lcq.

This team switch was also the likely catalyst for septiq quitting.

Why not pick up SeptiQ instead of one of those guys? He was a shot caller on his former team and since they lost tufoxy they need one of that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why not pick up SeptiQ instead of one of those guys? He was a shot caller on his former team and since they lost tufoxy they need one of that.

I have no idea man, Lunny i can kind of understand as he has a great shot which could mean a lot more on new settings but i would take septiq over riotz for sure.  Maybe there are issues we dont know about as they teamed together in Dignitas for HWC 2016.  

Would have loved to see them pick up septiq and for a fuzion return to see if they could do better with that team.

Been busy today, just caught up.

Even if D2 sucks, it's going to suck what little life remains out of H5. I don't hope it sucks, I just don't have a lot of faith. I just don't think they had enough time and I'm not particularly impressed from what I've seen.

Beating Destiny isn't a high bar. PvP was trash. Sucks that we're still seeing supers/extensive ability use in the PvP. Hurts the competitiveness.

Hype, I'm in

Bungie pretty much did all of the above. Seems that everyone seems to have forgotten though and that they are just being caught up in hype (Speaking generally, not you specifically.

Online  :wutface:

What has Bungie done that is on the level of releasing what is basically a port of 4 games that didn't work at launch and doesn't work years later? I wouldn't be surprised if they had done something like that but I can't remember anything near the same level.

Because it's exclusively on mlg.tv now, and not twitch. And even then, theyre still breaking 100k

Are they breaking 100k if Optic isn't playing? The question would be how viewership from Fariko vs nV in BO2 would compare if the final match in worlds this year was something like EUnited vs nV

Are they breaking 100k if Optic isn't playing? The question would be how viewership from Fariko vs nV in BO2 would compare if the final match in worlds this year was something like EUnited vs nV

to be fair, we didnt break 30k with an optic/nv grand final for daytona. at the end of the day peak views are peak views and it shows  mlg is able to create a demand where hcs can't. i guess if you want to break down numbers a bit more fairly, you could look at spectator and player attendance. 

I'm not going to lie, I was left wanting much, much more from the Destiny 2 reveal. My feelings can be summed up by the words "that's it..?"

Geniuine question..what did you want from the reveal?

I had a similar feeling, however I'm starting to think that this is a feeling that has been generated by years of poor sequels, which simply add in more useless crap just to justify the sequel tag.

Destiny 1 had it's issues and it seems like they are simply just going to fix those issues with Destiny 2. If they actually pull that off, I think I'd be okay with that.

If Halo 6 fixes all the issues with Halo 5 we would be happy right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

to be fair, we didnt break 30k with an optic/nv grand final for daytona. at the end of the day peak views are peak views and it shows  mlg is able to create a demand where hcs can't. i guess if you want to break down numbers a bit more fairly, you could look at spectator and player attendance.

That's true, but I was trying to compare BO2 and IW because somebody said that bad games hurt viewership and somebody responded by saying "explain IW". I thought it would be more fair to compare IW to a game in its own series that also was in an early stage of CoD's "esports" development than to compare it to H5 (which I also believe to be a downgrade in many respects from previous games in the series).

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's true, but I was trying to compare BO2 and IW because somebody said that bad games hurt viewership and somebody responded by saying "explain IW". I thought it would be more fair to compare IW to a game in its own series that also was in an early stage of CoD's "esports" development than to compare it to H5 (which I also believe to be a downgrade in many respects from previous games in the series).

gotcha that makes sense