CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm going to be completely honest here. I don't care that they brought on multiple developers for the project. I don't care that it was ambitious. They told us at E3 that we were gonna play Halo 2 just like we remembered. They gave us Halo 2 Vista. If it was too ambitious, they should have known better and not handled it the way they did. Are you telling me that if MCC launched and worked perfectly that 343 wouldn't have taken the credit? They deserve all of the blame for what happened regardless of how the internal stuff was handled.

Regardless, they failed with MCC but by far the worst part of that is that they COMPLETELY abandoned it. As soon as Halo 5 launched, MCC was swept entirely under the rug and is 100% neglected. INEXCUSABLE. They sold a $60 game to our nostalgia, completely fucked it up, and the best we got were in game nameplates, Relic (who wanted this?), and an ODST port. 

Yup, I agree.

Nowhere in my post was I defending 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what people see in destiny. There's nothing there that looks appealing

People enjoy the 'living world' aspect of it, and the integration of RPG elements and shooter elements. 

People enjoy the 'living world' aspect of it, and the integration of RPG elements and shooter elements. 

The fact that one of the highlights of the reveal was the addition of "treasure hunts" should be enough for all to know the majority player-base that Bungie is attending to.

The fact that one of the highlights of the reveal was the addition of "treasure hunts" should be enough for all to know the majority player-base that Bungie is attending to.

Have some balloons to cheer you up:

0HqcJHo.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm curious though because it looks like you've only played 150 hours or so? 

edit: to be clear, I agree with you that H5 is fun to play

That's more than any other game I have on my Xbox, I don't really have a whole lot of time to actually play games.

But the thing that you do that bothers a lot of people is that you immediately defend 343 for literally anything and everything in regards to what they do.

That is a load of bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That is a load of bullshit.

Whatever you say man lol. Apparently I'm just making stuff up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't know what people see in destiny. There's nothing there that looks appealing

This is like saying cloud9 should have dominated h2a. It all comes down to who is playing more, and who has adapted.

It's a fun game to play with much less stress and shit to deal with than Halo. Simple.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was stressing the point with names that disappeared as soon as Snakebite was on a different team.

Yeah, that team was insanely strong with each change as well. Then boom, second at Nationals and the forming of a dominant duo. No matter what type of Halo releases, those two will be at the top for quite a while. 

Playing H5 for the first time on a non-ethernet 2-bar connection... can't even get a perfect now. Was thumb-less before but this takes it to a new level... rank went from Plat 1 to Gold 3  :mj:

Is heavy aim worse on bad connections or is it just lag I'm experiencing? Also, thinking about an Elite controller as the sticks on my standard are going. Anyone buy on Amazon with the squaretrade warranty?

Edit: Woops, thought I was in the H5 thread. OT: Have there been any roster changes before the LCQ?

i havent seen it stated here but RIP Chris Cornell. Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands

They just played here May 7 at a music fest.

RIP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: Woops, thought I was in the H5 thread. OT: Have there been any roster changes before the LCQ?

nothing since daytona for na. eu seems to be falling apart at the seams though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie is weird, they are also the only company to put the reticule 2/3rds down the screen "so you aren't looking at the ground" and now they have a massive FPS launching in 2017 at 30 fps. :/

wasnt the case in h1

tbh that's something i'm most looking forward to.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder if PC and Xbox characters will be synced in the same way that 360 and Xbox One were (no not cross-play, just the characters). I may end up getting both if that ends up happening. I'd love to play it on PC and Xbox because unfortunately I have friends on both platforms that will be playing it.. Damn decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatever you say man lol. Apparently I'm just making stuff up.

Frankly, yeah you are.

Just because I don't immediately come on here to complain about every issue I have with 343/Halo doesn't mean I don't have any problems with them. The MCC was a complete mess, I've said that multiple times. My comment about it being too ambitious wasn't a defence of 343, I was pointing out that the MCC was more likely the fault of poor management than an inability to code properly.

On a different note, it looks like the throwback/classic playlist won't have weapon pads. Instead they're using scripting for static weapon spawns:

I will be releasing them into the wild for testing as each one becomes available.

First up will be The Pit, once we clean up the scripting for static weapon spawns, likely sometime this weekend.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237304719&postcount=13810

Crap! Thanks for reminding me. Now i have to maintain 2 versions. One with static weapon spawns, and one with weapon pads.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237305604&postcount=13812

He also says the playlist is likely months away though :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

lets not forget that h1 was going to be an rts and a mac exclusive but MS bought it and pushed to go the fps route to try and sell og xboxs. i dont know what that has to do with anything but its a fun little tidbit of bungie/halo/xbox history

YorqxlK.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/Ninja_TB/status/865273514416156672

Hard to take anything without a grain of salt till more info appears.

That was for the 30 FPS on consoles bit more than anything. He said this a couple minutes later

https://twitter.com/drlupoontwitch/status/865269212343746560

But more importantly: http://wccftech.com/destiny-2-pc-launch-battle-net-new-pvp-mode-weapons-detailed-rumor/

"4k Resolution Support (3820×2160)

Uncapped framerate

Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping

Text chat

Adjustable Field of View

Detailed PC settings screen

21:9 monitor support"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have some balloons to cheer you up:

0HqcJHo.gif

That doesn't make any sense but go back to hating on Halo 5 more I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Rumours ps4 and pc will have a cross save feature meaning you can jump between console and pc, but Microsoft are blocking it on xbox.