CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its just disappointing how neglected the Halo fan base really is. All it takes is for one developer to make the effort and release a game that appeals to this audience that's actually good and Halo is done. We're just all here kind of waiting on a game that's actually good and we've been bleeding fans for years due to that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't played a Halo Campaign since Reach.  Got 1 hour into Halo 4's and just couldn't go through with it.

Lol, let's be honest, the fact that I actually like Halo 5 and don't hate 343 means I never had any credibility here to begin with.

MCC was fucked because it had like 5 different developers trying to mash 5 games/4 game engines each with different net code together into one game. It was far too ambitious for the time they had to make it. Should have been delayed or massively cut down.

Nothing wrong with liking Halo 5, but you ignore a lot of mistakes or pretend they don't exist. I do like the pistol a lot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to be but they're just not competitive with everything else that's going on atm. If they'd announced H3A I'd be on the hype train but they're losing me for the most part. They keep releasing broken games and responding so slowly that I'm playing something else by the time they do anything. Honestly Destiny 2 will be the nail in the coffin if its not bad for PvP. I don't want it to happen but 343 is doing it to themselves.

If it makes you feel better, they changed it to 4v4, snipers etc are heavy weapons now, luke smith is the lead on the game and he has ALWAYS been the tryhard at Bungie. He said "easy to get into, hard to master" which is some Overwatch type of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vetoed should be PC savy enough to know that the hardware in the Scorpio is better than the average PC gamer's PC.  It will certainly be able to Destiny 2 at 60 fps - the question comes down to how much control over graphic fidelity/framerate Bungie will give a scorpio version of the game.  I'm a framerate nazi on the PC and spend days fiddling with new games till they run smooth.  I have a PC right now with a 3770k and a 1070 which comes out very similar to the power of the scorpio.  I can run most games on high settings near 120 frames (like the division) with a bit of tuning effort.  overwatch runs well near 200 on average.  This is all on 1080p mind you which is all I care about personally.  The scorpio will LIKELY have a 30 fps 4k and 60fps 1080 option for D2

It was fucked because it had like 5 different developers trying to mash 5 games/4 game engines each with different net code together into one game. It was far too ambitious for the time they had to make it. Should have been delayed or massively cut down.

I'm not sure why people keep making this excuse. Only one game engine is being run at a time.

The matchmaking system and Custom game system is title-agnostic. after its decided which title a lobby would play, it loads the same game engine for each player.

People act like the engines needed to work together. The lobby was supposed to handle all that

The '5 different developer' issue can maybe excuse the UI issues- but it doesn't explain why people couldnt get into matches.

I'm pretty sure every one already guessed this but I am.

Despite all it's issues and how 343 has mishandled it, Halo 5 is still some of the most fun I've had playing games.

So yeah, I'm excited for 6.

I'm curious though because it looks like you've only played 150 hours or so? 

edit: to be clear, I agree with you that H5 is fun to play

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm curious though because it looks like you've only played 150 hours or so? 

150 hours is "only" nowadays? 

I've only played a 100 hours of CS but I love it.

I've only played around 300 hours of Rocket League but I love it. 

Come on fam. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

150 hours is "only" nowadays? 

I've only played a 100 hours of CS but I love it.

I've only played around 300 hours of Rocket League but I love it. 

Come on fam. 

150 hours is literally 20 minutes per day since launch, that's not very much gameplay.  if you're not an SR140-SR145 by now then you probably don't really enjoy H5 (in most cases)

I'm a healthy level SR-54 on Halo 5 lol. Only reason I know that is because the other day, a relative of mine thought he could beat me 1v1 these days because he "watches all the pros play" and apparently I'm washed up because I don't play Halo anymore lol  :laughing:  Ahh... The naivety of the young ones kill me haha!

Also, @Il Meanbean lI, I think you get very spun up on the fact that you like Halo 5 contrary to people who majorly dislike it on the thread. There's nothing wrong with you liking the game. Hell, we encourage it if anything. But the thing that you do that bothers a lot of people is that you immediately defend 343 for literally anything and everything in regards to what they do. I'm speaking to you as a developer myself, there is NOTHING honorable or excusable about how 343 handled MCC. Literally nothing. "Too ambitious" means absolute crap when the stakeholders shell out the money, stakeholders made their ROI, and the consumers in the end get screwed. MCC, believe it or not, was a console seller. There were tons of people (myself included) that literally took paid time off work to literally grind that entire week of the golden age of Halo again with friends I've played with for almost a decade.. And that happened for maybe one day before my friends chalked it up as a waste of money and went back to PC gaming.

You say you got your money's worth out of MCC. Sure, but I can guarantee you there were WAY more players who got 10x the amount of their money's worth after playing Destiny for just a couple of months.

Had this been my job at the company I currently work at? I can assure you I would no longer be the lead on my development teams. You can be rest assured of that lol.

Laying down the facts straight. I like it. 

to be fair i didn't find H5 fun until these new settings, i only played warzone assault once in a while

i'm a 66 sr

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what people see in destiny. There's nothing there that looks appealing

This is the same argument for nV. Then you throw in the h3 domination of Ola and Snipedown, pce OpTic

This is like saying cloud9 should have dominated h2a. It all comes down to who is playing more, and who has adapted.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

to be fair i didn't find H5 fun until these new settings, i only played warzone assault once in a while

i'm a 66 sr

gasp!  Nah, that is fair.  I really have enjoyed H5 and think it was a solid game.  Any game I am still playing 2 years later gets a thumbs up in my book.  Certainly has flaws and could use better dev support but it was a good game.  SR 147

• Upvote (+1) 5