CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, in 30 FPS goodness on consoles though. 

its on pc too, if it was developed properly then most of the players will be on pc.

Why are people down on Blizzard launcher?  I play a lot of Overwatch and I've never had any issues.  Idunno, it seems like a really smart decision on Bungie/Activision's part.

It's another launcher. There are a million launchers on PC which fragments things. 

Uplay

Battle.net

Origin

I can go on

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 is literally fucking terrible, if it's not the heavy aim then it's the hit detection

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

those are minor UI features, essentially, that should have been there at launch. graphics looked nearly identical to the Destiny that I played last year on XB1. (also i realize there's going to be a new story but it didn't look a full game's worth, more like DLC length? we'll see)

as someone else said, this would be like 343 taking the post-launch H5 content, calling it "Halo 6", and charging $60 for it.

i mean, i'll reserve judgment until I see PC gameplay; but this hour-long trailer thing was not convincing, to me

Halo will never receive the viewers and hype that Destiny just had, a game play reveal with nearly 500k viewers, that's a shame, 343 destroyed the franchise.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You're not going to convince me that Bungie is worse than a company that knowingly sells its fans an unfinished game, misleads customers about its state, and refuses to acknowledge it 2.5+ years later.

I'm not saying either company is better.

I'm saying that Bungie isn't exactly some perfect messiah and that a lot of the shit we (rightly) give 343 also applies to them. The MCC was obviously a worse situation than what happened with Destiny, however, there are some interesting parallels.

But why would he want Halo to die?  If you honestly and openly want whats bad for Halo, why are you a fan? We should all want Halo to succeed.

Because some people would rather see Halo fail than succeed under 343. I don't get it either.

• Upvote (+1) 7

its on pc too, if it was developed properly then most of the players will be on pc.

PC consistently has the least/2nd least amount of players of multi platform games.

The words that hyped me were "Easy to get into, hard to master" while discussing PvP. 4v4, with Activision owning MLG putting on baller CoD tournies, obvious they will be at least dipping their toes into Destiny e-sports. Also read a leak that shotguns/snipers etc will move to the heavy slot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Destiny 2 is the end all be all of video gaming but 343 if you're reading this Start stealing ideas from this IP instead of call of duty please. I dont have faith that they could come up with good ideas on their own example being breakout, ricochet, etc.

I wish 343 would steal ideas from Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Any good teams need 1 for LCQ in off the next two days. Been grinding this whole week. Hmu

• Upvote (+1) 9

Oh for sure, but my 2 year old laptop won't be able to play this sadly :( Good for PC players though obviously.

Either way, going from playing every good competitive PVP shooter this gen in 60 FPS, to the 30 FPS in Destiny is just a totally different world now.

Halo will never received the viewers and hype that Destiny just had a game play reveal with nearly 400k viewers, that's a shame, 343 destroyed the franchise.

more (better) support for 5 and an aweome build up for H6 and we can get close.

Destiny was grind grin grind with little substance in story which pissed a lot of people off. If they can pull fans back in then we should be able to do the same

• Upvote (+1) 1

That didn't make any sense at all. Sounds like someone has a case of the butthurts

wait.. what?

i literally don't get it

I feel like I just read a conspiracy theory. I think I understand what they're getting at but they're really just trying to bash the guy and overestimating what beyond actually does by implying teams that he either invested in or owns a partial stake in would be in conflict of interest because hes a co-owner of beyond and it may at some point be linked to some kind of gambling website that might or might not be real. I feel like this is the definition of a terrible news article 

Just wanted to slide in a L8 comment.... this article made absolutely no sense, provided no facts and was just overall really bad. Steve has a minority ownership stake in Beyond, has nothing to do with day to day operations, and cannot manipulate coverage (not that he would even try, he is busy 24/7). Anyways, glad to see others got the same "uhh what" reaction that I did, hah.

8a8.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

PC consistently has the least/2nd least amount of players of multi platform games.

The words that hyped me were "Easy to get into, hard to master" while discussing PvP. 4v4, with Activision owning MLG putting on baller CoD tournies, obvious they will be at least dipping their toes into Destiny e-sports. Also read a leak that shotguns/snipers etc will move to the heavy slot.

I guess youve never heard of Overwatch? Thats why i said if its developed for PC and not a port from console then PC will have the bigger player base. 

But why would he want Halo to die? If you honestly and openly want whats bad for Halo, why are you a fan? We should all want Halo to succeed.

I go back and forth on this honestly. I love watching the game I can no longer enjoy playing it in the state it's in however but I have thought randomly "maybe it's better to let it die because you love it so much than to continue dragging it through the mud." I'm never gonna have those first halo times of going to a buddies house or ordering pizza and LANning Halo all night with friends again and this current itteration is not offering me any of those new good memories of Halo. If it died there would be a chance at rebirth down the road when a new company gets a chance at it and proves it can make money and be fun, or it could stay dead. Which would be the scary part. It however makes wayyyyyy too much money for Microsoft for that to ever happen. So incompetent developer it is.

I guess youve never heard of Overwatch? Thats why i said if its developed for PC and not a port from console then PC will have the bigger player base.

Currently the only competitive leagues are on pc. Get a console league together and youd see that population rise

I wish 343 would steal ideas from Halo.

Mate, you're asking for to much here. That is too complex of an idea for them to grasp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 sold a half broken game and Bungie sold half a game for full price then split the other half into multiple £20 chunks.

Wow...

The difference is I was able to sink hundreds of hours into Destiny- despite its shitty value proposition... because the game actually worked.

I've probably spent more time in loading screens than in MCC matches.

There's no comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Xbox 1 will run it at 30fps therefore Scorpio will run it at 30fps.

They won't let some players have the advantage of 60 vs 30fps.

Wow...

The difference is I was able to sink hundreds of hours into Destiny- despite its shitty value proposition... because the game actually worked.

I've probably spent more time in loading screens than in MCC matches.

There's no comparison.

​I've already said the MCC was obviously worse than Destiny. I'm just pointing out some parallels.

Although I personally got way more money's worth out of the MCC than Destiny. The campaigns had some issues but worked for the most part and I spent many hours playing them again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Xbox 1 will run it at 30fps therefore Scorpio will run it at 30fps.

They won't let some players have the advantage of 60 vs 30fps.

Yet people will be playing on all sorts of framerates on PC

• Upvote (+1) 8

Apparently the 30FPS might only be for the build people are using.  Who knows.  I guess we'll find out 100% if it's true come Beta time.

Now, for the big issue.  Halo's relevancy (or lackthereof).

If 343 was actually working on H3A, or was even giving a glimpse of Halo 6 at E3 they might have a shot of staying relevant during this fall into next year, but they're literally not doing either. We have two humongous titles coming out for this fall which is only going to over-shadow Halo 5 even more.

In my eyes, 343 is just going to head over to The Winchester for a pint from Fall 2017-Fall 2018 until this all blows over.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because some people would rather see Halo fail than succeed under 343. I don't get it either.

If I'm forced to be honest, I want 343i's version of Halo to fail, yes. The only truly positive things they've contributed to the series are the ZB update for Reach and dedicated servers.

And that is the difference between you ( and the likes) and me (and the likes). I don't want to play a fun game, i want to play a fun Halo game. To explain further, i want to play arena shooter and competitive H5 is still the closest thing we have right now.

Yeah I also play Overwatch or Smite, but I don't follow those games, and they always go to side when something is happening in the Halo scene. Halo is life (on life support I know).

Yeah, well, the last good Halo game came out almost a decade ago, so I've moved on somewhat. I want a fun Halo game too, but post ODST Bungie and 343i haven't seen fit to give us one.

I'm a massive Halo fan, have been since November 2001, but there's only so much developer disdain I can stomach before I decide to move on to other games. After the fiasco that was the MCC and the shitty Halo game that is H5, all I really care about is watching HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1