CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bungie will be taking PVP very seriously in D2. 

Bungie is the best. I love them. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Around a month back something very traumatising happened to one of my parents and It made me lose all drive and interest in even competing as it hit me so hard, took me a few weeks to even get back to myself. On top of the abysmal announcement the Europeans got I left the FABE roster and the original 3 were going to look into getting someone to replace me as I had not a single inkling in returning during halo 5. Obviously some stuff happened where Jim found himself elsewhere (think he was unhappy with the playing environment and wanted to play with friends) and Phlux and Kimbo ended up on the team.

It was only just before roster lock that I was asked again if i would compete and at the time I thought why not. After a few days and after hearing that Phlux had some personal stuff going on and on top of that his exams coming up we both wanted to take a break. Myself more than likely permanently from Halo.

Regarding my opinion on the EU announcement:

In short yes the time/return this season for me straight up just isn't enough for me to continue competing on Halo. In Europe right now players are essentially playing for a holiday to Dreamhack and their spending money for a piss up abroad. Worst part about it is the best European teams wont even be the teams that will attending; the online teams formed for 5 online matches will be. Without EU even having any sort of LAN between worlds and the event I honestly expect probs the worst showing ever in terms of international competition just due to the lack of caring and drive right now. 

For me I will be using this free-time to enjoy myself playing games again, and for the future competing wise ill more than likely be making the move to the new cod in November as the current format in halo I see no progression. 343 and TO need to start addressing the lack of grass roots as numbers wise its going nowhere 

pce

Thanks for the response man and sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things are better now than they were and all the best to you and your family. I'll keep an eye out for you in the Call of Duty scene. Always like to see a fellow Halo guy make the switch and make some waves. Good luck! 

Tsquared was one step away from fellating the venue at Worlds with his "there's lots of people here! the food trucks are so lit!" bullshit so I don't...really value his opinion on what is and isn't sad anymore tbh

although I guess it's neat that he's finally coming around

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't watch the stream and I know it's just a reveal so they probably won't go super in depth in terms of explaining the competitive 4v4, but if they do please post what they mean.

Wasn't Destiny's PVP in general called or considered "competitive"? Maybe the multiplayer had changed quite a bit after launch but I didn't find the PVP to be a very skill based competitive experience so I hope this one is different.

Fuck I wish I could watch it right now.

Bungie's art and design is just on a whole other level. The little opening cinematic had more character than all of Halo 5's campaign. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

:sleeping:

if you're tired, i recommend a Davinci energy drink. It revitalizes both body and mind!

jtpg00P.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Were any of those characters from the original Destiny story without DLC? I legit cant remember anything apart from Peter Dinklage....

I'm just happy no one has posted "Oh, WOW is this the Destiny 2 thread or something?!?11?" :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bungie's art and design is just on a whole other level. The little opening cinematic had more character than all of Halo 5's campaign. 

Is it though?  This looks like every generic futuristic FPS that's been out over the last 5 years.  Over saturated skyboxes, more "unique" guns that a game needs, etc.  

I just do not get this game - it looks boring as hell and exactly like D1 which I lost interest in after 3 months.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder how those at Bungie feel when they look at the state of Halo given where it started.

Granted Bungie wasn't perfect & a lot of employees ended up going to 343 to continue working on Halo, but still. 

"I hate Halo it changed too much, I hate Destiny it hasn't changed enough." What I would give for subtle improvement over a complete overhaul of the game I like. Work on what your fans loved and hope to bring in more people as oppose to the 343 model of get the call of duty crowd in here.

• Upvote (+1) 9