CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

we dead?

"pretty sure vainglory is more of an e-sport than halo at this point" - random tweeter.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I remember the days when EVERYONE had a PS2, but they'd be jealous of not being able to play halo. Ps2 had every game on the planet, except halo. It was so good you either went out an bought xbox as second console, or spent a ton of time at a friends house.

This was me. Id spend hours at my friend's house playing split screen ce and h2 and loved every minute of it. Memories like this still hold me to the franchise and its what i think about when i think halo

• Upvote (+1) 6

I met the owner of E6 at the Global Pro League last weekend. I spent about 20-30 min with him, He's a really nice guy. 

Blink twice if E6 General has Lethul handcuffed to his bed and you're being forced to say this

Sure, but D2 being an awesome game won't hold back Halo being an awesome competitive game right ? I dont see why we should even compare those two. There is tons of massively popular games and they all make money. More competent Hcs handling would be enough to sustain healthy competitive scene. We don't have to be csgo to be happy.

Yeah I am also frustrated, maybe I am just trying to find excuses..

That's my stance on it. It doesn't matter how awesome D2 is. If Halo6 was widely a better game it would sell and have plenty of longevity.

I hate when people is "competition" as an excuse. Be better than your competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

72k on twitch right now for Destiny 2 and we still have 52 minutes until the reveal. I wish Halo could get back to these hype levels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never played the first Destiny game, and have played CoD maybe twice in my life.

Halo was for many times in my life the only game I played.

But I just cannot for the life of me have fun in Halo 5. And the way the scene is being run just depresses me knowing what it CAN be.

If Destiny 2 provides any kind of good PvP experience, with the possibility of an esport scene growing there, I could see myself making the switch.

The majority of the time it just doesn't feel worth it to keep being disappointed and frustrated with Halo.

FeelsSadTimesMan

• Upvote (+1) 9

The mans is not biting his tongue any longer. I'd say something like maybe seeing tweets like this and similar ones from other pros would reality check 343 but I know it wouldn't do a thing. 

Yeah if I had to make a bet right now on which game will be better between Halo 6 and Destiny 2, I'm putting my money on Destiny 2.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I trust Bungie to take what they did wrong in the original Destiny and learn from it. We'll see shortly I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was me. Id spend hours at my friend's house playing split screen ce and h2 and loved every minute of it. Memories like this still hold me to the franchise and its what i think about when i think halo

Dude can you not!  :tear:

The mans is not biting his tongue any longer. I'd say something like maybe seeing tweets like this and similar ones from other pros would reality check 343 but I know it wouldn't do a thing. 

This is something a lot of people have taken up recently, it doesn't matter if you're nice like Greenskull or an ass like Frank - the same info will go in an ear and out the other. I have no faith in the HCS, and just hope MS doesn't pull funding at this point :huh:

Disclaimer: I'd prefer people to be nice and stuff, but I see what people get heated over a series they love(d).

• Upvote (+1) 1

72k on twitch right now for Destiny 2 and we still have 52 minutes until the reveal. I wish Halo could get back to these hype levels.

Thats what you get being a multi console game that has managed to retain a population for 2 years and 8 months.

In the last day alone, 223,401 individual players have played just PVP.

http://guardian.gg/en

Destiny was a fun shooter to play with friends. There was nothing really good out for the PS4/Xbone at the time it came out in terms of MP shooters besides BF4. And while the game may have been repetitive in and of itself, it did that 30-second combat loop that Bungie conceptualized in the Halo CE days perfectly. I spent $120 on Destiny (Base game, Crota, House of Wolves and TTK) and I felt like I got my money's worth out of that game for sure. I dropped it around the start of 2016 because the grind started to outweigh the fun factor, but Destiny from launch to the start of TTK was an amazingly fun game to play, even with it's issues.

It was ironically described as the "best 7/10 I've ever played" and I think that explains it's popularity perfectly.

And that is the difference between you ( and the likes) and me (and the likes). I don't want to play a fun game, i want to play a fun Halo game. To explain further, i want to play arena shooter and competitive H5 is still the closest thing we have right now.

Yeah I also play Overwatch or Smite, but I don't follow those games, and they always go to side when something is happening in the Halo scene. Halo is life (on life support I know).

• Upvote (+1) 3

In all fairness, Phlux did mention something about family issues so may not be entirely halo related. Although Him taking a break was probably enough for tufoxy to say 'fuck this!'.

From what i could gather it was the lack of an EU open LAN that has frustrated so many EU players, especially after the success of Gfinity London.

It's weird that the most successful Halo 5 LAN (with the best venue, best production and best audience) is what makes the decision not to have another LAN in that region. Can it get more backwards?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never played the first Destiny game, and have played CoD maybe twice in my life.

Halo was for many times in my life the only game I played.

But I just cannot for the life of me have fun in Halo 5. And the way the scene is being run just depresses me knowing what it CAN be.

If Destiny 2 provides any kind of good PvP experience, with the possibility of an esport scene growing there, I could see myself making the switch.

The majority of the time it just doesn't feel worth it to keep being disappointed and frustrated with Halo.

FeelsSadTimesMan

yep

only last times ive had fun playing halo is when the mcc works

im excited for this destiny 2 reveal. Didnt play The first except for the Beta but if 2 is good ill def cop

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's my stance on it. It doesn't matter how awesome D2 is. If Halo6 was widely a better game it would sell and have plenty of longevity.

I hate when people is "competition" as an excuse. Be better than your competition.

Frankly, Halo 6 could be the best game in the series and Destiny would still likely be played more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And that is the difference between you ( and the likes) and me (and the likes). I don't want to play a fun game, i want to play a fun Halo game. To explain further, i want to play arena shooter and competitive H5 is still the closest thing we have right now.

Yeah I also play Overwatch or Smite, but I don't follow those games, and they always go to side when something is happening in the Halo scene. Halo is life (on life support I know).

Kind of the same, tbh. I enjoyed the first destiny for a month or two before never touching it again. I may get d2 when the price has come down and will no doubt enjoy it but would drop it in a second for the next halo game.

Even with its many issues i enjoy H5 more than destiny or any other fps out at the moment. I have played every halo on and off for at least 1.5 to 2 years (apart from h4, which i played for a few months). I think the equal starts/arena aspect is a big part of this and certainly an amount of nostalgia

• Upvote (+1) 5

Snakebite was placing top 6 with Brake, NocturnalKernel, and RobbieBizzle.

That's Sir Robert Bizzle to you

Might be a bit biased from attending Daytona or w/e but I would definitely love to work to get more stations consisting of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 at future events. There's definitely some issues with this, mostly allocating the space for the stations, and obtaining the equipment. What sucks is that ideally one station for Halo 2 or 3 would be a full set up and no split screen. Idk I'm probably getting ahead of myself here. Various staff seemed interested and even mentioned hoping to do this in the future with other titles.

I think it's important to have things to do at the event besides compete. Even if it's not the previous games a FFA station or free play areas where teams can scrim would be helpful but require a ref to enforce that people share. I remember going to I think meadowlands 08 and they had a rock band booth which was perfect. To4's could play a few songs, dress up and I think they'd record it or take a picture or something. I forget but it's small stuff like that which will help out a lot for those who get knocked out very early into the tournament.

edit: for example, I think it's unfortunately too late to make anything happen for dream hack, but there are local H1 LAN groups with equipment in both Atlanta and the Denver area. Depending on where they have their events, there is likely a group that would be able to bring equipment if planned out.

• Upvote (+1) 7

360K + EPIC music. If they get PVP right, this will be insane. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Frankly, Halo 6 could be the best game in the series and Destiny would still likely be played more.

Sure it would, but that doesn't really mean much.