CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It might be something as ironic as they don't want a second stream to look bad / low quality compared to the main one. Money is obviously as issue, but I have to imagine that might play in too.

Didnt mlg do listen in only stream from like 9 to 11 when the casters would come in. And rhose would center on a particular feed for the most part. But it was fine because you'd get to see some of the lower ranked teams play without having to either push late into the night or have games played off stream. Thats really what id want. Tap into comms and go. As long as i can see the game thats fine with me

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those who have run events, how much does it cost to broadcast a 2nd stream anyway?

For those who have run events, how much does it cost to broadcast a 2nd stream anyway?

@@Clap

Any details on this would be nice since COD has had any 2nd streams every event which be must a god sent for COD fans.

I mean I bought people drinks Friday night, are you going to get upset that I did that instead of donating money to getting us another stream?

cheapskate  :lxthul:

Jesus fucking christ...we missed so many damn matches that we should've seen at the last LAN and now there telling us they can't provide secondary streams.

These aren't optional at this point they should be at every event there's no reason why we shouldn't have them but esl is being cheap as per usual.

@@Timo @@Tashi

Fwiw, ESL productions havent needed secondary streams(aside from s1 Burbank). Pro league lans every team is shown on stream, and they had two streams at Worlds
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Also in that tweet replies people who are suggesting the second stream who I assume are amateur players to be used for meaningless/boring OB matches?

Sorry, but no thanks if we get a secondary stream it should be to make sure we don't miss any matches between pro teams.

I'd imagine that on Friday you would see a lot of open bracket games and Saturday and Sunday would have more of the feature matches. I know not everyone enjoys AM gameplay but I think it's important to support and showcase it.

It showcases the skill gap of the game and the community

It creates motivation for AM's to attend events as well. (I remember going to events always wondering if our early rounds were going be on MainStage.)

Could argue it creates the sense that the am scene is supported and if the ams feel they are supported they might be more likely to support events.

While I like and understand the concept of the pro league... open events, LAN, and supporting ams in my opinion are huge priorities for growing the community.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@ - probably the correlation of how guy who can offer up his credit card to pay for some drinks = the budget we have for running events. I mean I bought people drinks Friday night, are you going to get upset that I did that instead of donating money to getting us another stream? Like I'm sure a budget goes through a much more rigorous process that takes multiple parties to approve.

Idk where the correlation between a huge company's budget and you buying a couple of peoples drinks come from either. Try not to take a criticism of 343 so personally.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Montage idea: Old Settings, people crouching around corners until someone flies past. TheN the screen flashes blue and red and cop sirens sound as the person gets mowed down by the AR/Magnum/SMG/whatever.

Radar / Speed Trap montage

We do it for around $7,500-12,000 at a big event, even less at our studio.

Stream requirements: 4mb synchronous per destination. Free if at our arena $2,500-4,5000 at an external Venue

Minimal set: CWL sign backdrop, 2-3 ground supported lights.

1 Producer + 1 Graphic Op. $3,000 inclusive of T&E

2 Talent. $2,000-3,000 inclusive of T&E.

Give or take a few dimes here and there but thats the gist of it.

Damn thats more than the budget od daytona. How many wires?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stream requirements: 4mb synchronous per destination. Free if at our arena $2,500-4,5000 at an external Venue

Edit: Also keep in mind there are things like headsets, a small sound board, a graphics laptop and depending on the quality a PC for streaming or a tri caster.

So is it more or less than a year's rent in California

I wouldn't mind OB bracket matches being shown on stream during downtime or if were not having pool play on fridays but otherwise pro matches should take priority as that's what most people tune in for. 

Fwiw, ESL productions havent needed secondary streams(aside from s1 Burbank). Pro league lans every team is shown on stream, and they had two streams at Worlds

We only had six teams then so it was feasible to stream all the matches but at Daytona during pool play we only had 8 teams and somehow managed to miss matches and at finals there's going to be 12 teams.

So I don't really have all that much hope that were going to be able to see all of the matches at finals without a secondary stream.

So is it more or less than a year's rent in California

You can do it much cheaper than I listed. We used to have 4 non camera side streams for SC2 with just caster audio and gameplay. Super easy to do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Edit: Also keep in mind there are things like headsets, a small sound board, a graphics laptop and depending on the quality a PC for streaming or a tri caster.

So the cost of three bar tabs.

You missed out on a perfect opportunity to suggest moving the balloon budget to adding a bravo stream.

You're getting slow. 

:ace:

• Upvote (+1) 7

You missed out on a perfect opportunity to suggest moving the balloon budget to adding a bravo stream.

You're getting slow.

There's a deflate gate joke in here somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're getting slow. 

or get rid of 50k cables

let dreamhack handle production, dont have matches after the casters sign off, make sure xboxes work so we dont spend a lot of time replacing them during the tournament