CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is so cool, imagine if we had this with a balloon skin.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is so cool, imagine if we had this with a balloon skin.

Holy cow, those skins are seriously cool as hell.

You don't understand the purpose of placement matches do you. I thought this horse had beaten to death a long time ago.

A placement match isn't supposed to be "even" in most cases. From the opposing team in this match I can almost guarantee you are Onyx in this playlist, which will mean your background level (MMR) will be high, which will mean your placement matches will first and formost be with Onyx or above to see if your background level still matches your actual skill, as you lost and lost by a lot, your next placement match if you had played another one would more likely be against Onyx players.

Honestly I'm surprised people still moan about placement matches, the real issue is that AFTER you're placed into a rank, games are still uneven because the population is terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I almost overdosed on nostalgia this event lol. 

Really really sick that you finally managed to get something going. Hopefully people at the event saw the same value in it and there can be more.

A part of me thinks that the CE community might eventually outlast the rest of the comp Halo scene just through pure passion and dedication.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why 343?

How did 343 end up with Halo?

Of all of the developers Microsoft would have had to choose from when picking a successor to Bungie, WHY 343?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was ready to get roasted by one Frank but two Franks? I swear to god if I find out there are three Franks on this site..  :kappa:

@@Frankie   :simms:

This is why people view us the way we do.... Y'all do not even have a slight understanding of how things like this work for huge companies like Microsoft. It's actually laughable that out of @@Teapot 's huge post the thing you key in on is this.

I think the bar thing is funny, not the first time they've done this too. I see no real issue, because I would want to drink after this weekend too.

But to say a billion dollar company with their flagship IP is having issues getting a second stream with one of the biggest TO's in the world is kinda amazing to think about.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is why people view us the way we do.... Y'all do not even have a slight understanding of how things like this work for huge companies like Microsoft. It's actually laughable that out of @@Teapot 's huge post the thing you key in on is this.

We don't understand how bar tabs work?

Or we don't understand how a huge company like Microsoft lets their subsidiaries run their events on "shoe string budgets?" 

Are you guys sure Timo wasn't just trying to be funny? I read the tweet and didn't instantly think "FUCK 343 and ESL!"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Smh

Jesus fucking christ...we missed so many damn matches that we should've seen at the last LAN and now there telling us they can't provide secondary streams.

These aren't optional at this point they should be at every event there's no reason why we shouldn't have them but esl is being cheap as per usual.

@@Timo @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you guys sure Timo wasn't just trying to be funny? I read the tweet and didn't instantly think "FUCK 343 and ESL!"

Timo is dead serious, my personal favorite was when he said Halo was a new eSport when ESL got on board lol.

Nice guy though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i read it and thought it would be funny to say that though.

but to be fair, we have had to ask for a bravo stream for every event and we rarely get them. there has to be a reason and i wouldnt be surprised money wasnt the issue. (money has been an issue for other things such as the number of teams during closed events)

I've never seen more hate for Goldenboy than in the Halo community. It's so strange.

Not to say a majority of people hate him, but it's much more than any other game he casts.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can understand why a 2nd fully produced stream would seem prohibitively expensive- especially due to the "modest viewership" (which is mostly due to poor HCS decision making).

By why can't we at least get a UGC Red/Blue thing going for the feature station. It's crazy that they would let so many keep matches happen off the air.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really really sick that you finally managed to get something going. Hopefully people at the event saw the same value in it and there can be more.

A part of me thinks that the CE community might eventually outlast the rest of the comp Halo scene just through pure passion and dedication.

The way we are stocking up on equipment along with the fact that we have new maps, a mode that can help us learn them faster for competitive play, and a way to even out host advantage for LANs, I'd say we are set up to last for at least another 10 years as long as players hands keep up and real life doesn't weigh us down. Most of us are late 20's early 30's. McDick like just got back from his Honeymoon or something on Wednesday, went to work (lawyer) on Thursday and showed up at the venue wearing a suit with a bow-tie looking like a million bucks while setting up a station that looks like it costed $50 lol. I think there's a picture somewhere out there.

1 out of 3 franks will pay for my drinks. You other franks gotta step up.

@@Pono - I'm not worried about it. I feel it was said more of a joke in a way. It's not like there was an open tab for the event. In fact I believe it was a small meeting with a few pros and casters where they discuss the event and some feedback. I got there after that all took place.

@ - probably the correlation of how guy who can offer up his credit card to pay for some drinks = the budget we have for running events. I mean I bought people drinks Friday night, are you going to get upset that I did that instead of donating money to getting us another stream? Like I'm sure a budget goes through a much more rigorous process that takes multiple parties to approve.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can understand why a 2nd fully produced stream would seem prohibitively expensive- especially due to the "modest viewership" (which is mostly due to poor HCS decision making).

By why can't we at least get a UGC Red/Blue thing going for the feature station. It's crazy that they would let so many keep matches happen off the air.

That is the thing, I don't think anyone is asking for a fully produced second stream(we still don't have one if I'm being honest).

We are just asking for a way to view the other matches that are happening on the side station. 

Yeah i could care less about casters on the bravo stream if it really is cost prohibitive but even a single pov or an auto rotaing feed would be such an improvement
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah i could care less about casters on the braco stream if it really is cost prohibitive but even a single pov or an auto rotaing feed would be such an improvement

It might be something as ironic as they don't want a second stream to look bad / low quality compared to the main one. Money is obviously as issue, but I have to imagine that might play in too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also in that tweet replies people who are suggesting the second stream who I assume are amateur players to be used for meaningless/boring OB matches?

Sorry, but no thanks if we get a secondary stream it should be to make sure we don't miss any matches between pro teams.

• Downvote (-1) 1