CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

FabE have disbanded as Phlux has retired for a while and Tufoxy has quit again

OK didnt expect that. Any word on what mose and respectful will do?

EXACTLY, it's literally never been easier or more affordable to broadcast a halo match, what a joke

I think my biggest issue with 343 is they have no idea how simple some issues they run into could be. People want a second stream, set up an xbox and a volunteer to cycle through POVs. People wanted settings fixed for over a year. That's fixed by fiddling around in custom settings for 5 minutes and then testing it with pros. This is a slightly more complex issue but people wanted an appropriate venue for worlds. There are probably 1000+ viable arenas in major cities in the US that would have suited our needs but somehow we still ended up in a jiffy lube. Call us toxic all you want, but the reality of most of our complaints is that they could be fixed easily with the right leadership.

Specifically talking about this second stream issue here, and this may be controversial, but hear me out. We need MCC style LAN capabilities back (working, preferably). Why? For starters, at least that way we have the opportunity to run our own LANs. In a more relevant sense, this would also solve many viewers' complaints with regard to LAN. For one, we could spectate/observe matches from any Xbox, as they would be occurring online. If 343/ESL/UMG doesn't want to run a second stream, they could at least promote a pro or AM streamer who is casting them from the comfort of their own home. On top of this @@Bad Dub  would be able to receive and post stats for each game as soon as they are over. 

As unpopular as the P2P style LAN MCC had was when it launched, if it worked and was polished up a bit it would be an excellent fit for many of our needs for Halo 5.

''and potentially hosting the channels if I can get sign off''

working on it ^

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the play-by-play style of casting? It just seems like the caster is always 5 seconds behind what's actually going on during the game.

I'm much more drawn to the conversational style of casting. I like hearing analysts talking about what the teams are doing correctly or incorrectly, as well as predicting what they need to do next in certain situations, similar to how Walshy often casts.

A man after my own heart:

NbPljK3.jpg

This is how StrongSide casts. He even stretches words and sentences out until the next action on screen happens. This type of casting every single play is not helpful unless you are on a radio show. We are watching the game, we see what is happening. Every time he took a break, Walshy was like a breath of fresh air with his analysis. Sure, get hyped for a nasty snipe or triple/over but don't continue on afterward yelling that they picked up a magnum, clambered up a ledge, hid after getting shot. Converse, Analyze, explain things. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can you or somebody else link that original post? I still laugh out loud anytime it's brought up. What a guy.

This request is almost as creepy as the original post

He told me to go down to the bar with the 343 guys and tell them he sent me and to put it on the 343 tab.

So we can have a 343 bar tab but no 2nd stream?

K.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Hell, I'm pretty sure @@Cooper is a nice guy as well.

I give cooper a 99% chance of being that annoying fucking cousin who always has dumb shit to say. You know, the one your aunt had to beg you to hang out with.

Good morning friends! Just sharing this because 1) I thought it was a nice play and 2) it made me laugh.  

Thanks for following, 1 upvote = 1 respect.

http://imgur.com/gallery/AaW14

DIdn't even have to click the link. Here's that upvote.

HbGRMsn.gif

Smh

At least when Che said shit like this, he was trolling us. Incredibly stupid that he said "sounds expensive."

Can you or somebody else link that original post? I still laugh out loud anytime it's brought up. What a guy.

Yeah, I'm sure you're trying to laugh. These euphemisms are getting more obtuse by the day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Perfect, I'll sit down tomorrow and give it a watch, as I never watched the EU finals anyhow.

I would recommend watching a bit more of the the EU tournament in general if you have the time, the difference in production quality is crazy.

Minimal downtime and when there was downtime it was filled with really great player and caster videos, great venue which was packed out and really fucking hype and I can hardly think of any technical issues.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I give cooper a 99% chance of being that annoying fucking cousin who always has dumb shit to say. You know, the one your aunt had to beg you to hang out with.

Cooper is actually really chill lmao y'all take the internet too seriously.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just doing my job as a moderator to start drama that I can then moderate.

I was ready to get roasted by one Frank but two Franks? I swear to god if I find out there are three Franks on this site..  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

EXACTLY, it's literally never been easier or more affordable to broadcast a halo match, what a joke

Spend $2.5 million in prize money for a single tournament and then have bread crumbs remaining to not ensure it is viable beyond a year. What a joke. This is Microsoft who hires 50 studio heads and producers and gives them six figure salaries and this is their flagship game brand and yet possibly a second stream would be bank bresking. Hell give me observer mode as a second stream then so I don't miss matches.

I think viewership has fallen off massively since Black Ops 2, which, while not something I would necessarily call a competitive game, was one of the best Call of Duty games. So, I think his point stands.

Because it's exclusively on mlg.tv now, and not twitch. And even then, theyre still breaking 100k