CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343i announced they were working with Spielberg in 2013 and nothing really has happened since, you never know honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo2sGBAnBzM

I wonder if they are holding off on it to release in series with the Halo 6 release. There was talk of episodic TV shows tying into the game back in Halo 4 or 5 but it never panned out.

Also, holy shit this heavy aim update cannot come fast enough. Yesterday, it felt like I was playing on .5/.5./1 at some points.

I wonder if they are holding off on it to release in series with the Halo 6 release. There was talk of episodic TV shows tying into the game back in Halo 4 or 5 but it never panned out.

Id like to think Forward unto down was quite alright show. Nightfall not so much. There might be something similar for H6, maybe that is what they are planning with that Spielberg production.

• Upvote (+1) 3

giphy.gif

What a perfect gif for this. 

The Perfect line-up would be T2, Elamite, Simms and Walshy as the 4 main casters.

I never liked Strongside and Ghost as casters (Bravo too) bec. they are 343 and it just rubs me the wrong way bec. they are also hyping up thew "new" armour abilities.. ugh  They can stay on the desk w/ GoldenBoy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I used to hover around onyx 1600/1700 in team arena and now I hover around low platinum. Anyone else in a similar position?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be real here, @@StrongSide been casting non-stop for like 2 or so years now while @@FrankTheShow picks up random gigs at best. One can get better with practice, one has already shown that there has been no progress in their casting ability. He's a nice guy, but we need more than that in the booth when the stream is on.

Basically, just bring back @@Tsquared and @@Elamite.

from stick beast pausing the game feed to random power losses (which seem incredible common in halo) to robocasters to relying on periscope to having to repeatedly replace xboxes to side stations being online, how is side's casting anywhere near the worst thing about hcs events right now? i will take a desk of @@StrongSides right now if we can run a competent event.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I used to hover around onyx 1600/1700 in team arena and now I hover around low platinum. Anyone else in a similar position?

There were changes recently to CSR distribution due to over inflation of the high-end ranks. Also, if you are referring to the HCS playlist, the concentration of players in HCS comes from the higher skilled Team Arena players, so many people will have lower ranks due to the system naturally sorting out players properly throughout the rank spectrum.

from stick beast pausing the game feed to random power losses (which seem incredible common in halo) to robocasters to relying on periscope to having to repeatedly replace xboxes to side stations being online, how is side's casting anywhere near the worst thing about hcs events right now? i will take a desk of @@StrongSides right now if we can run a competent event.

I actually disagree, I still think StrongSide's casting is a paramount issue. Those things (audio/video failures) make Halo esports literally unwatchable and embarrassing. StrongSide's commentary is within the realm of watchable, but it just makes our esport seem unprofessional and annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's be real here, @@StrongSide been casting non-stop for like 2 or so years now while @@FrankTheShow picks up random gigs at best. One can get better with practice, one has already shown that there has been no progress in their casting ability. He's a nice guy, but we need more than that in the booth when the stream is on.

Basically, just bring back @@Tsquared and @@Elamite.

Frank could also probably go Super Saiyan if you put him in the hyperbolic time chamber but we were never talking about potential. Side for my money is much more valuable to a Halo production than Frank is or probably could be in any reasonable timeframe. He would absolutely be the worst pure PBP caster, a category we definitely do not need more of, and would have to work super hard as colour to even compete with any of the authenticity of insight that even a slacking Walshy has (not to say that he was slacking at this event). It's really a non-issue anyway as he has about as much chance of getting a gig under 343 as going Super Saiyan.

Agreed on bringing back T2 / Elam but keep Side, maybe just have him more on the desk and/or only with strong PBP like Simms or GB.

Throwback to that time Strongside spent over a minute trying to explain the OT rules in CTF because he just kept fumbling his words, just for what he was saying to not actually be the rules.

Strongside is the ONLY caster I've ever heard that distracts me from the game due to how much he fumbles over his words. I've never paues attention to casting before but it was painfully obvious when I heard SS that he does not belong up there.

Also if you have to compare a "professional" caster that works at official events to a dude that does it for shits and giggles on his own you've already proven the point.

Or that time he hyped up nV winning a tournament when they still had to play another best of 7.

People seriously need to stop making excuses for the man. He has casted REGULARLY for ages and he is still absolutely awful at it. He seems to think he needs to tell us about every single thing happening on the screen, most of which is blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes, while explaining basically nothing higher level. But even that wouldn't be as unpleasant if he was quick enough to actually keep up. So, instead we get fumbling, excessive play-by-play with a 5 second delay, occasional interruptions, and questionable volume control. It's like the audio equivalent of the H5 medal feed.

​Let him do post/pre-match analysis or something.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Or that time he hyped up nV winning a tournament when they still had to play another best of 7.

People seriously need to stop making excuses for the man. He has casted REGULARLY for ages and he is still absolutely awful at it. He seems to think he needs to tell us about every single thing happening on the screen, most of which is blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes, while explaining basically nothing higher level. But even that wouldn't be as unpleasant if he was quick enough to actually keep up. So, instead we get fumbling, excessive play-by-play with a 5 second delay, occasional interruptions, and questionable volume control. It's like the audio equivalent of the H5 medal feed.

​Lead him do post/pre-match analysis or something.

YO I FORGOT THAT. Guys this man literally celebrated a team winning when they still had another series to play. These aren't even in game criticisms and we are already this deep. His actual casting is just as bad. Stop saying he is good because he's a legend. He's not a good CASTER.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There were changes recently to CSR distribution due to over inflation of the high-end ranks. Also, if you are referring to the HCS playlist, the concentration of players in HCS comes from the higher skilled Team Arena players, so many people will have lower ranks due to the system naturally sorting out players properly throughout the rank spectrum.

I actually disagree, I still think StrongSide's casting is a paramount issue. Those things (audio/video failures) make Halo esports literally unwatchable and embarrassing. StrongSide's commentary is within the realm of watchable, but it just makes our esport seem unprofessional and annoying.

Since its watchable then i think this is on the save for later list of issues. All of our issues are or should be easy fixes but constant delays and audio issues and periscope streams bug me much more than Strongside's mediocre casting. It is a problem to be addressed but replacing strongside when you cant enjoy the stream achieves nothing. Fix the rest then put him on as a permanent interviewer

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since its watchable then i think this is on the save for later list of issues. All of our issues are or should be easy fixes but constant delays and audio issues and periscope streams bug me much more than Strongside's mediocre casting. It is a problem to be addressed but replacing strongside when you cant enjoy the stream achieves nothing. Fix the rest then put him on as a permanent interviewer

Except fixing things like that take expertise, time, money, etc. Removing a caster can be done with zero effort. Why wait to make a fix that takes no time or effort until something else is fixed first that will take time? 

That would be like your house burning down while you're holding a $100 bill and you decide to drop the $100 bill on your way out the front door because there were bigger issues (stupid example but I barely sleep cuz of the newborn baby and work starting at 6am). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He would absolutely be the worst pure PBP caster

Agreed on bringing back T2 / Elam but keep Side, maybe just have him more on the desk and/or only with strong PBP like Simms or GB.

I'm confused... do you think StrongSide is an analyst commentator? He isn't, not even close.

And claiming Frank would be the worst PBP caster is a really bold statement considering he has more natural fluidity and charisma than even Simms (once again, only talking about casting. I strongly disagree with a lot of Frank's behavior). He was a solid caster when he worked for MLG, was one of the best commentators at IG Atlanta in H2A, and did a really impressive job casting our Halo 5 events purely as a hobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are the two things related? Why can't we improve production while also ensuring we have the best talent casting? It's not like taking Strongside out of the casting pool takes focus away from improving production. I just want the best stream for Halo. No more compromises.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except fixing things like that take expertise, time, money, etc. Removing a caster can be done with zero effort. Why wait to make a fix that takes no time or effort until something else is fixed first that will take time?

That would be like your house burning down while you're holding a $100 bill and you decide to drop the $100 bill on your way out the front door because there were bigger issues (stupid example but I barely sleep cuz of the newborn baby and work starting at 6am).

I get what you are trying to say. 2 things keep me from saying he's number 1 priority. First: he doesnt cast every series. If he was full time like puckett was back in the day then yes remove him now. Secondly: to me he isnt the most annoying part of the experience. As other things change it will become worse by comparison. Tbh i would rather listen to a side solo cast than have to watch big matches on periscope or wait an hour for xboxes to be fixed.

I dont disagree that he is the worst caster but he is a distraction to a watchable stream vs issues that make the stream unwatchable

and trust me i get the lack of sleep due to a newborn lol

My point was just that were u4ix actually given the push SS was, it would be a league of difference. Casting and public speaking and quick analysis come naturally for some, and no matter how much others try, it won't happen. I am not a mean guy, not a jerk, not an asshole. I like Strongside. I loved him as a Halo pro. He is not a good caster and he never will be. Why be forced to sit through poor casting? I get he is a 343 employee and his fiance is a producer with 343. But come on. We need the best of the best casting. Keep Strongside for pre-taped segments or even some interviews, and that is pretty much it. Ogre2 is the goat as a player. Doesn't mean he would be a great caster. And I would hate if Strongside reads this and gets upset or hurt. But it is the truth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Frank they would put my golden retriever and David Vonderhaar on the desk before you ever saw the light of live broadcast lololololol

That bridge has been napalmed, then nuked, then they put a sign up at the chasm where the bridge used to be that says 'Go fuck yourself'

But I still think you look handsome kid.

I tried really hard pre release for Halo 4 and Halo 5 but I decided in the end in was easier for me to sleep at night treating 343 Industries with the same level of respect they've treated the franchise.

I'm a full time student and do not wish to return to a place in front the a camera.

I could have been a contender.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It was announced awhile back

Still think it's a waste of money, time and production - why not focus on the product first then expand to this corny stuff..

Are you telling me you don't want footage of Eric and TJ living in the same house and eventually realizing that their mutual contempt stems from pent up sexual frustration?

kMiEw4j.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I tried really hard pre release for Halo 4 and Halo 5 but I decided in the end in was easier for me to sleep at night treating 343 Industries with the same level of respect they've treated the franchise.

I'm a full time student and do not wish to return to a place in front the a camera.

Fell for the college scam that @@LethuL warned us about huh? :kappa:

Why are the two things related? Why can't we improve production while also ensuring we have the best talent casting? It's not like taking Strongside out of the casting pool takes focus away from improving production. I just want the best stream for Halo. No more compromises.

Take side out of friday but keep the robotic voices and background hiss. What improvement has been made? I couldnt stand listening to washy and simms cast like that.

And tbh, i would watch pure listenins and still enjoy it, so thats why this is less of a priority than production

I still remember that white/cream blazer. You had style kid.