CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pic or it didn't happen. Spoken from someone in the know.

It only counts if one of them is in a bikini

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fast Company did a recent interview with Kiki Wolfkill (Studio Head of 343i) and this caught me by surprise...

In March, the 2017 Halo World Championships attracted more than 13 million unique viewers online. The tournaments helped the studio gather feed-back to enhance features (such as the potency of particular weapons).Wolfkill is also working with Pilgrim, the team behind unscripted TV series like Ultimate Fighter, to create a TV show where Halo players compete for a chance to face off in an upcoming Halo Championship Series event.

Anyone have an idea on WTF they are talkin about? TV show? huh... lol

Source: https://www.fastcompany.com/person/kiki-wolfkill

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fast Company did a recent interview with Kiki Wolfkill (Studio Head of 343i) and this caught me by surprise...

Anyone have an idea on WTF they are talkin about? TV show? huh... lol

Source: https://www.fastcompany.com/person/kiki-wolfkill

It was announced awhile back

Still think it's a waste of money, time and production - why not focus on the product first then expand to this corny stuff..

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'll do a write-up of my Daytona experience when I get home tonight. 

Keep in mind it'll be from the viewpoint of someone who has only ever been to one event ever before (MLG Dallas 2012 - Halo 4) so it might be taken with a grain of salt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know what the fuck he's on about, Side's still a better caster than Frank was, lol

No he isn't. U4ix is kind of a jerk, but if you heard him cast in the past he was more of a 'natural' at it. I imagine if U4ix was given the same amount of events, time and preparation, he would have improved beyond what SS is now. Strongside is almost forced into casting. It isn't natural for him. He has trouble with calling out weird things, gets overhyped for no reason or often fumbles names and things. Numerous events now and Strongside is easily the weakest caster and yet they always have him. Ghost does a much better job even and he is relatively new. But I guess that is the HCS motto, stuck with mediocrity.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No he isn't. U4ix is kind of a jerk, but if you heard him cast in the past he was more of a 'natural' at it. I imagine if U4ix was given the same amount of events, time and preparation, he would have improved beyond what SS is now. Strongside is almost forced into casting. It isn't natural for him. He has trouble with calling out weird things, gets overhyped for no reason or often fumbles names and things. Numerous events now and Strongside is easily the weakest caster and yet they always have him. Ghost does a much better job even and he is relatively new. But I guess that is the HCS motto, stuck with mediocrity.

For reference for those that may have missed our H5 $1,000 4v4's in 2016.

It was announced awhile back

Still think it's a waste of money, time and production - why not focus on the product first then expand to this corny stuff..

Wow... November of 2016. It seems I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Any insight on whether this is actually still happening?

Seems odd to do it for Halo due to lack interest/viewers these days. I can see something like LoL or Overwatch garnering more viewers.

Wow... November of 2016. It seems I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Any insight on whether this is actually still happening?

Seems odd to do it for Halo due to lack interest/viewers these days. I can see something like LoL or Overwatch garnering more viewers.

343i announced they were working with Spielberg in 2013 and nothing really has happened since, you never know honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343i announced they were working with Spielberg in 2013 and nothing really has happened since, you never know honestly.

I bet we'll get a trailer for that at E3 since we're getting something Halo related. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm more curious about the repeated denial of H3A. Not because I think its happening or don't think it'll happen but because I'm wondering if that being just about the only thing everyone constantly asks for in comments, forums, twitch chats, etc is getting under their skin. Its gotta be awkward for this mass demand of a game to exist despite your company not having anything to do with it and that people aren't asking for H6 instead.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm more curious about the repeated denial of H3A. Not because I think its happening or don't think it'll happen but because I'm wondering if that being just about the only thing everyone constantly asks for in comments, forums, twitch chats, etc is getting under their skin. Its gotta be awkward for this mass demand of a game to exist despite your company not having anything to do with it and that people aren't asking for H6 instead.

Thought I was the only one that noticed this lol.

Halo MCC worst launch in game history alongisde No Man's Sky.

Was No man's sky even a bad launch? Other than being nothing like what they promoted the game worked at least. Pretty much the same as H5's campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was No man's sky even a bad launch? Other than being nothing like what they promoted the game worked at least. Pretty much the same as H5's campaign.

Bait and switch = bad launch imo

• Upvote (+1) 4

HCS Daytona 5th-8th Stats:

Str8 Rippin:

w2Z2ZjQ.jpg

Oxygen Supremacy:

GNx5TvE.jpg

Luminosity:

7av5A0C.jpg

Ronin:

VxHBKRC.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

and james harden is way better than I'll ever be at basketball but l m a o at that fuckin performance a few nights ago

After seeing Wall choke last night as hard as he did, I'm cutting Harden a bit of slack

last weekend and how it relates to the growth our the Halo scene...343, help me help you.

I've followed competitive Halo closely now since sometime in H2.   Even through Reach and Halo 4. Know the players and team changes etc.  I'm likely to watch any tournament (especially with pros) regardless of production quality or settings or whatever.  I'm not always happy about it, but for some stupid reason I just can't help myself.  HOWEVER, I'm not willing to promote it.  I have a group of friends that I play online with usually several times a week.  I don't even tell them when Halo has tournaments because of stuff like world's venue and Daytona production.  this doesn't even count the people I work with that I would mention it to if it was a high quality event with a decent crowd.  I just don't trust the product that is going to be on display enough to put my name behind it.  

i could probably tell 10 people about it, and get maybe 2 or 3 to actually tune in and watch some.  Not a lot, but i can't be the only one in this situation.  I just want a product that I'm not going to be embarrassed to tell people about. All the specifics I want have been mentioned by others so no need for me to regurgitate each item.  (do make sure to go back a few pages and read Ponos wall of text though).

in regards to the reality tv show...it's about ratings.  Didn't clap say that the CW H1Z1 thing had awesome ratings, even though it was terrible delivery of a terrible product (my words not his).  It's no surprise that others would then seek that audience through "similar" means.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For reference for those that may have missed our H5 $1,000 4v4's in 2016.

I could understand if we were talking about Clicked but watching this there's nothing that really separates him (phrasing, game insights, peripheral context) from Side apart from voice tone. If you're going to compare frequency of fuck-ups it's a losers game as they both fail in very similar ways. Being slightly more appealing aesthetically when doing the same play-by-play is OK I guess but Side has much more intrinsic value in his history both with the game and his co-casters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good hanging out with you and the squad this weekend, man. Learned a lot from each other, and I'm hoping I can make the Beach LAN this year!

-Ghost

Same man it was such an incredible experience for me. It's been a very long time since I went to a major event, like 09, so my nostalgia and excitement were at an all time high.

I'm writing up a big ass post that will detail the event from my perspective that will come eventually but I just want to thank you guys all for the support and this opportunity. I know there's never enough free time for those who work the events, but I'm glad you were able to hop on the stations from time to time along with Walshy and some other various pros and staff. I know I constantly spam Halo CE stuff, but I am also a big fan of watching competitive Halo 5 and I still can't get over the finals.

Let's be real here, @@StrongSide been casting non-stop for like 2 or so years now while @@FrankTheShow picks up random gigs at best. One can get better with practice, one has already shown that there has been no progress in their casting ability. He's a nice guy, but we need more than that in the booth when the stream is on.

Basically, just bring back @@Tsquared and @@Elamite.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wanna go to an event so bad. I'm dying for a northeast event, and I'm sure plenty others are too. It's not like there's an absence of locations either. I'd be willing to bet that if there was an event in the area of Boston/NYC/Philly, there'd be 60 teams signed up.

• Upvote (+1) 2