CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In short, no one likes Strongside as a caster.

I like Strongside as a caster but that didn't stop me from laughing my ass off at this.  It's so true haha.

Haha, definitely caught that on the VoDs. Strongside has the tendency to inflect and raise his voice in the way Starcraft casters do when someone loses a critical battle that will clearly result in a match loss. But the Starcraft casters end up yelling "GG!" to conclude the game while after the moment is gone in Halo the game still continues and Strongside just has to keep going or seemingly end abruptly.

Don't know what the fuck he's on about, Side's still a better caster than Frank was, lol

head-shake-gif.gif?w=640

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude.

You're a god among men. The things people like you do for the community blow me away. 

Thanks  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Button combo thing isn't staying for long, as expected

Praying this doesn't delay the heavy aim fix :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have successfully avoided spoilers and watched the VoDs for the weekend. I don't have time to read the past couple of days of forum posts, can someone answer a few questions for me?

• How was the stream experience? Downtime? I know the casters apologized a few times during game commentary for not having audio for certain players at some points, but I didn't really notice anything bad during the games otherwise. I don't know how the downtime was since I just skipped it all.
  • How late did the tournament run each night? We've had some pretty poorly run tournaments that ran super late Fri/Sat with hardly anything happening on Sunday, wonder if that's still a problem.
  • How was the attendee experience for players and spectators?
  • Any big controversies/drama I might have missed from watching just the games on stream?

1) i cant put a time on it, but there was a lot of downtime. We started late friday, lost power to main stream on saturday, lots of xbox replacing and so on.

Mabye my favorite pic of the downtime. I had to put this on r/accidentalrenaissance 

oqucfrh.png

The stream experience was really poor too. The audio was horrendous. Either caster mics were muted or so loud it would hurt your ears mixed with a constant buzz or squeal that stayed throughout.

Watching it, im sure you saw stick beast 73 interrupt the feed a couple of times.

We also watched a lot of periscope. 2 pro team matches happened after the casters signed out friday night. Odd match choices happened saturday too so that we spent a lot of time on periscope. Sunday only had 4 series i think since the games were rushed to completion saturday. I wish we could do like mlg and just save a couple series for sunday and just let them play early on stream with no casters.

Im sure im too negative bit that was my stream experience

cjpahK3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Every pro I spoke to about it said it felt perfect, to the point of some (if not most) having to lower their sens in comparison to the heavy aim build

Great. Now we need an option for more classic sensitivity curves and we're golden.

Update on Halo Data Hive. You will be able to create your own league and teams can sign up to it and the stats will be recorded against it. Same structure as the pro HDH site. Should also have tournaments (single elim) available soon too. Pretty excited for this upcoming update!

I used my mates Halo Ireland & UK league to test it and its live now. No link on Halo Data Hive yet as its going to be made available tomorrow if all goes well.

Halo Data Hive - Battle

Man this is the shit I was talking about! This is great. It really is, we just need to get people to start establishing something concrete, as I mentioned in a previous post, maybe a TB league or something. Would be even better if it wasn't on this shit game, but on Halo 3 on 360 or something legitimate, but I'd take what I can get. Anything to get a scene out of the hands of this inept company. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How come there is no official statement from STICK BEAST 73 yet?Beyond%20Thinking.png

his/her inbox must be exploding

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@BadDub just on the train home, give me an hour to get home sort my head/get a coffee and ill post the official eu pro league teams along with the ones that have already advanced to the eu lcq champ bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Man this is the shit I was talking about! This is great. It really is, we just need to get people to start establishing something concrete, as I mentioned in a previous post, maybe a TB league or something. Would be even better if it wasn't on this shit game, but on Halo 3 on 360 or something legitimate, but I'd take what I can get. Anything to get a scene out of the hands of this inept company. 

too bad there are too many small leagues like EEG, Splintr, HaloIreland&UK

All of these should get together and create something like an EU Halo League which would probably attract more players

• Upvote (+1) 3

All of these should get together and create something like an EU Halo League which would probably attract more players

It is worth remembering that some of these are cups, done within a single night, some are leagues going over a few weeks.  When i comes to online leagues/cups i dont think its a major issue as long as there arent too many and they dont overlap too much.  For instance, the splintr cups typically run on Monday nights, Halo ireland & UK League mostly runs over weekends (times are very flexible) and not sure about EEG to be honest.

Many teams seem to compete in multiples of these which is cool.  Hopefully we can reach a point where we can get community organised LANs at which point i think these groups would be definitely best working together as much as possible.  Overall though much of the interaction between these groups is really cooperative and positive so can only mean good things in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know what the fuck he's on about, Side's still a better caster than Frank was, lol

and james harden is way better than I'll ever be at basketball but l m a o at that fuckin performance a few nights ago

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being a US guy, I didn't even know about any of those four things besides @@Bad Dub casually mentioning the latter two testing out his service. I think maybe it would still be great to get a legit league ran by someone and organizing online events. I still believe that a Team Beyond league would be a fun thing for members/teams on these forums to compete in and have fun with. I don't have any other particulars except that idea. I know @@Apoll0 tried to organize a league type of deal or at least lay the foundation for one based on those of us who don't have the time to dedicate towards pursuing the game on a professional level or are just looking to compete and have some fun (essentially a beer league for Halo).

It is worth remembering that some of these are cups, done within a single night, some are leagues going over a few weeks.  When i comes to online leagues/cups i dont think its a major issue as long as there arent too many and they dont overlap too much.  For instance, the splintr cups typically run on Monday nights, Halo ireland & UK League mostly runs over weekends (times are very flexible) and not sure about EEG to be honest.

Many teams seem to compete in multiples of these which is cool.  Hopefully we can reach a point where we can get community organised LANs at which point i think these groups would be definitely best working together as much as possible.  Overall though much of the interaction between these groups is really cooperative and positive so can only mean good things in the future.

Community organized events are going to be some of the ones that people get really fired up for. I remember playing in a few "local" (more regional) LANs for Halo 2 and a tournament for Halo 3 and there were some big names there. The smaller community/grassroots LAN tournaments will likely not attract pro teams, but it might attract local names - for instance a LAN in Ohio could draw Ogre 2 (theoretical example) teaming with a few buddies from the area or something. You never know, but it also gives everyone something to compete at. I know I enjoyed the hell out of the three LAN tournaments I went to that were local to me even if professional players weren't there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simms and I shared a cigar on the beach. In case it's not obvious enough, I'm bragging that It happened lol. Check that of the old halo bucket list.

Pic or it didn't happen.  Spoken from someone in the know.

• Upvote (+1) 1