CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343i: Halo: CEA, Halo 4, Halo: MCC, Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 6?

What a hideous resume.

Halo 4 further fractured a fractured community.

Halo MCC worst launch in game history alongisde No Man's Sky.

Halo 5 released half finished and can't even break top ten most played on the platform that only exists today because of it's predecessor.

Halo 6 isn't even being hinted at E3.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can you LAN h5 on pc? (Actual LAN, not 343's fake LAN)

I know they won't use pc's for HCS for a number of reasons but it would be cool to see pc only events have h5 or halo in the future. Obviously not going to happen anytime soon, just my thoughts

They are good enough friends and teamed together enough that they can jest like that they are pretty funny.

Yeah it is. Congrats btw. Mikwen was killing it again.

I know there are a lot of places that halo falls short but i do think that we have a lot of talented likeable competitors. People i would want to have a beer/soda (lol children) with and just chill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a hideous resume.

Halo 4 further fractured a fractured community.

Halo MCC worst launch in game history alongisde No Man's Sky.

Halo 5 released half finished and can't even break top ten most played on the platform that only exists today because of it's predecessor.

Halo 6 isn't even being hinted at E3.

Can't disagree here.  I can't honestly think of a broad horizon of positivity when it comes to 343 and Halo since their takeover.

You can watch the differences in heart, passion and love between Bungie and 343 in this video alone.  Dated or not, it's there.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lethul really needs to stop tweeting about the loss. It's only making the asterisk smaller.

• Upvote (+1) 7

NV has won three HCS events.

They lost in the WB finals all three times, and won the second series in game 7 all three times.

In the two times they beat optic, the final map counts were 9-9, and 10-10.

:walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can you LAN h5 on pc? (Actual LAN, not 343's fake LAN)

I know they won't use pc's for HCS for a number of reasons but it would be cool to see pc only events have h5 or halo in the future. Obviously not going to happen anytime soon, just my thoughts

Halo 5 PC was another poorly put together good idea. It doesnt have LAN but Gears 4 has LAN on PC hmmmmmmmmmm. 

I never understand how people make the correlation that since Halo 5 is better than Halo 4, we're in good hands.

I don't hate the fact that people like the game. That's obvious.. That correlation however is just fascinating to me.

I would never give 343 enough credit to say we are in good hands. Look at their track record.

However, I do believe they are making their best faith effort and Halo 5 IS an improvement from Halo 4. Maybe they will turn the corner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People who neg you forget the state that halo 5 was launched in. Unfortunate that this was how halo 5 started its life span.

When these same people still don't realize the lack of a dilemma in Halo 4's aiming system (including heavy aim) in comparison to halo 5 and its 19+ months without a fix, I just smh.

Honestly, I could give 2 flying fucks about rep, they are probably salty because it's true. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't allow myself to get carried in hype or promises that the game will get better, if it hasn't in 20 months.... it probably means it won't get any better at all. And that is the reason there is an absurdly small amount of Halo players left(among other "beaten to death" reasons)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty pissed tbh this was the case, those audience shots were very bad and didn't show a true image. Plenty of people watching and I could hear the crowd shouting, cheering and screaming in the back through my headphones :(

When you guys asked the audience to cheer, it sounded very, very... sad for us watching the stream. Obviously this is the fault of production for not micing the audience but Strongside was a really frequent offender and it made the event look worse than it already appeared.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Epic Games with Quinn Delhoyo = GoW: Judgement

The Coalition without Quinn Delhoyo = GoW 4

What's your point again?

To be fair, they just tried to make GoW more like Halo with Judgement so his heart was in the right place.

Any word on the update for the aim fix? Played 20 games tonight and it was 15% body fat aim to begin with, but the last 5 games were morbidly obese aim. Super frustrating to play the game like this.

I have successfully avoided spoilers and watched the VoDs for the weekend. I don't have time to read the past couple of days of forum posts, can someone answer a few questions for me?

1. How was the stream experience? Downtime? I know the casters apologized a few times during game commentary for not having audio for certain players at some points, but I didn't really notice anything bad during the games otherwise. I don't know how the downtime was since I just skipped it all.
  2. How late did the tournament run each night? We've had some pretty poorly run tournaments that ran super late Fri/Sat with hardly anything happening on Sunday, wonder if that's still a problem.
  3. How was the attendee experience for players and spectators?
  4. Any big controversies/drama I might have missed from watching just the games on stream?

Good hanging out with you and the squad this weekend, man. Learned a lot from each other, and I'm hoping I can make the Beach LAN this year!

-Ghost

make it happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

how i imagine us in a meeting with quinn now

z2Ugtcq.gif

Your memes are killing our reputation with the halo community and 343 with the constant taunting, and yet you still wonder why they don't talk here in comparison to Reddit. STOP IT!

I guess no one here can impersonate NavG well, huh?