CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

no autos, no radar, and no sprint are only going to make OG more dominant. OG's teamwork is currently unmatched by the other rosters. Team changes need to happen for nV and Liquid if they hope to compete (getting 4-0'd in finals is not competing BTW)

it's going to help everyone, not just OG. at the same time, a change in settings wont substitute the need to grind. if things do change and no one grinds like OG does, it will make no difference.

There, i just took the crux of your point and made it not bait.

Didn't know that your trash-talking meant you had to be stupid too.

Advocating for more skillful settings like balanced weapons (especially for the autos and precision weapons) will only help the better teams. If people like Frosty and Royal 2 have more potential to distinguish their skillset compared to the other pros, their team will potentially become even stronger in halo 5. The changes that NV would have to suggest in order to actually increase their odds of competing with optic are even duller mechanics/weapon balancing.

As it is, these pros are suggesting those points of feedback to increase the enjoyment of competitive halo 5, not to stand a chance against the best team. Your inability to comprehend such a motive explains a lot about why your name was forcibly changed.

look above where I said it would make OG stronger. 

well that probably has about 75% to do with it. nV is NEVER beating OG on LAN with the current settings. It's like the old saying goes: "if you can't beat em' change the rules."

There's a lot more wrong with the HCS and those running it than just settings man. Them advocating for that to change has nothing to do with losing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know, but Liquid's and nV's inability to compete with OG on a consistent basis tells me that a change needs to happen. I've already stated that I think Pistola and Mikwen are completely expendable from the nV roster. Hell, drop those two and replace them with Rayne and Penguin. That way nV strengthens their roster and weakens their closest competition. Let's call it the TJ move.

no way is mikwen going anywhere after this worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry but I don't think you can possibly know if it will make them stronger or not.

Sure, while ignoring how NV or any other sensibly competitive person wants to do away with all the random and BS mechanics of this game, regardless of whether it may possibly improve the optic roster.

Damn, we need this.

I assume you mean the trash talk, but ELeague picking up Halo would be fucking amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would having the pros unanimously boycott the events until things are changed, work?

so Cratos could just show up and collect the check? No.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would having the pros unanimously boycott the events until things are changed, work?

never gonna happen but possibly

Would it work? Maybe.

Would it ever happen? No.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so Cratos could just show up and collect the check? No.

and you know he would be the one to do it

It is why I love what Frosty did and while everyone hates Cratos, I think he is very valuable to the scene. We need animosity. Callouts, tempers and emotion. How amazing was Ninja vs Ace at X-Games? Ace posting how he is looking for loyal friends and Ninja saying you dropped one etc. Same with Snip3down and LethuL. The Cratos and Stellur drama had some decent ability to grow bigger etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just did some testing on this:

Fact #1 - Splinters are bullshit period. lets get that out of the way. And yes thats a fact, dont @ me with "thats just like, your opinion man"

Fact #2 - Grenades that have been thrown cannot be blown up by gunfire while in flight. They must contact a surface first. Technically splinters will explode after a second if you launch them really far without contacting anything, but that's moot in this case

Fact #3 - Grenades at rest can be blown up by gunfire whether they are from a body or on their spawn point.

Fact #4 - Splinter grenades have a slight delay between taking damage while at rest and exploding.

So Renegade died and you can see in the video if you slow it down that an extra BR burst was shot that hit the splinter grenade on the way down after falling from Renegade's body. Since the grenade was in motion, it didnt explode but it also hadn't been thrown, so it did take damage. when it came to rest the normal delay took place like you were shooting one on its spawn, then it blew up. The time it took to fall plus the "rest time" required made it take extra long to explode after taking damage.

Conclusion:

1) Nothing "magic" happened here. It was a logical chain of events that cause the grenade to explode. It didn't come out of nowhere however....

2) It was absolute bullshit

3) I would argue that this is a glitch and in this case the grenade either should have been ineligible to take damage because it was not at rest yet and not exploded at all, or it should have exploded after the normal 1/4 second delay before coming to rest so shotzzy would have seen it in time.

4) It didn't cost them the series.

It 100% is a glitch

It's not the first time we've seen this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6TwgBHImIM

This is a half-baked idea, but I will throw it out there.  Perhaps wrong forum, but looks like convo has devolved enough...

I've been reading a lot about "outrage overload" and how that makes it incredibly difficult to convince anyone of your argument, regardless of merit- certainly think that is very relevant here.  However, with a pivot, I think Beyond could still drive some change. 

Hold off on the the current format Astro FFA, 2v2, etc. tourneys.  Run only Evolved settings, or some variation.  

Make it a weekly pro team series, best of 11.  Or make it pick up teams, and sprinkle in an up-and-comer or two on each side.  Have each team pick a charity, 75/25 split goes to the winner's choice.  Donation buttons on the stream, try and get the pros to commit to a portion of their individual stream donations.

Drive some eyes towards no-sprint, etc. and do some good at the same time.

no sprint is so low on the list of problems that it will never get taken out. Radar, Autos, and Splinters out of the game in that order. Then you guys should work on sprint, rockets, clamber, ground pound, Fathom, Eden, and timers

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. I highly doubt the pros would do that. 2. Unlikely to even work if they did, theres a lot of AMs that wouldn't hesitate to take their spots.

Maybe the message/bad press that cropped up would maybe do something, or at the very least attract attention, but who knows.

We've been put in a position where we're pretty powerless and fucked it seems. No idea what we can do and thats disheartening.

They would just invite random people from r/halo to come and compete for 100k on random teams. The competition, gameplay and viewers doesn't matter to them it's all good!

I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I thought you'd be having a field day with this latest debacle, but honestly what you've been saying since day 1 still applies for most of it. 

That "Day 1" just seems to get farther and farther into the past. 

If there has to be a quitbanning system, they could implement a system like in Overwatch where you can leave a ranked game without getting penalized if a teammate quits first. Surely nobody could disagree with that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't you guys see. They can't remove AR's because they made skins for them. That would mean wasted work  :kappa:  :mj: 

:mj:  because this actually might be what they're thinking

• Upvote (+1) 3

The orgs simply won't let that happen. They've invested in a Halo team for a reason and having their players boycott events doesn't provide them with any financial incentive.