CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

thanks for clarifying the first point. as to the second, i guess i was wondering does 343 dictate the direction of hcs. outside of the game itself does someone like quinn or frankie touch the competitive scene?

that's a good question, i don't think so tbh but who knows, quinn might but he's not really an "esports" person

i'm pretty sure the guy who shot calls for the HCS is Bravo

that's a good question, i don't think so tbh but who knows, quinn might but he's not really an "esports" person

i'm pretty sure the guy who shot calls for the HCS is Bravo

I hate that this is an intentionally murky chain of command. I dont understand the need to be so secretive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quinn Lead Designer for the new Halo while Luke Smith is now in charge of the new Destiny game.... I'm placing my bets on Luke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay so, Quinn is promoted.. ( :wutface: )

But now that we know they aren't showing off Halo 6 at E3, I am actually hopeful for Halo 6. Even the casuals on reddit started to come around on sprint, plus the Battlefield One success, and the hype for the new CoD.. maybe 343 saw these developments and decided to work backwards on what they had done for Halo 6? I feel like a battered spouse, but maybe the philosophy has changed at the studio. Could that be a legitimate reason for why we won't see Halo 6 at E3?

If Halo 6 makes as much progress from Halo 5 as Halo 5 did from 4, we could be on our way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone think there will be a HWC 2018 / 2018 Pro League for H5? 

We could potentially be looking at the end of competitive Halo for a year or so after Fall finals.

Which would be too bad given we finally got good competitive settings and a potential fix for heavy aim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay so, Quinn is promoted.. ( :wutface: )

If Halo 6 makes as much progress from Halo 5 as Halo 5 did from 4, we could be on our way.

I find these two points quite interesting when posted together. Here's a very brief explanation of why:

343 without Quinn DelHoyo = Halo 4

343 with Quinn DelHoyo = Halo 5

We could potentially be looking at the end of competitive Halo for a year or so after Fall finals.

Which would be too bad given we finally got good competitive settings and a potential fix for heavy aim.

Time for MLG to pickup H5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I find these two points quite interesting when posted together. Here's a very brief explanation of why:

This is why I said I'm somewhat hopeful overall. While Quinn has made some seriously questionable decisions and changes, overall Halo 5 is much improved over Halo 4. Some of the things he's changed are seriously mindblowing (is he the one that thought binaries on Coli were good..?), but we are still better off than we were in the 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are we promoting the guy who nearly killed Gears of War?

Because he hasn't completely killed Halo yet.

While Halo 4 is definitely the rock bottom of Halo games, Halo 5 isn't that far off either. (Better than Halo 4 for sure)

Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Does anyone have any stupid or ridiculous Quinn Delhoyo quotes saved or in their recollection? Just trying to remember the various things this guy has said.

Yeah, everything's trended downward this year. Worlds money, Pro League size, event production, etc. It's not encouraging for 2018.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone have any stupid or ridiculous Quinn Delhoyo quotes saved or in their recollection? Just trying to remember the various things this guy has said.

Well...for one he said that Remnant would play great competitively.

Halo 4: poor multiplayer

But

Precision weapons, no radar, functional aiming and online servers

Halo 5: better baseline

But

Ar starts, radar, broken aiming, poor server stability.

Halo 5 could be better than halo 4 but it isnt because of coices like radar and autos that seem to have come from quinn

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man, thank god this Summer Season is looking like it is going to be my last because holy moly we have been hit with GEMS like the HCS 2017, "Master Chief is Halo" in 2017, Heavy Aim being proven and then the whole Daytona incident...

giphy.gif

Hoping that something would go right for Halo is like betting against the house, if the house was 343 spartan charging your dreams

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Even though i threw my halo 5 into the trashcan because i cant bench press 250 with my fingers just so i can move my aim to the left and right, Really enjoyed the no Auto/new radar comp. Stream was top tier trash day 1 and day 2 but hopefully they figure out something before atl. love this community, hate this game, love the high level pro gameplay, and love life  :intensifies:  :simms:

Quinn Lead Designer for the new Halo while Luke Smith is now in charge of the new Destiny game.... I'm placing my bets on Luke.

Yes, Luke is the mind behind Vault of Glass and TTK - Destiny 2 will be amazing. Plus, I've always liked him since the 1UP days. Funny thing is that Luke WAS a huge a Halo fan too. 

Complete garbage vs average at best. Quinn almost killed Gears of War.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate that this is an intentionally murky chain of command. I dont understand the need to be so secretive.

Its unfortunately seen as necessary to withhold the exact details of who made what decision with things like massively popular gaming series because even though the vast majority of us are reasonably pissed off you know some ****** out there will start calling the developers home with threats and harassing their families because they don't like something about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1