CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well I'm not wrong am I?

You're not, but it doesn't mean people are wrong to say they are a bit worried when the Halo franchise continues down a path - a lot of gaming fans have walked away from the series over the years because of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're not, but it doesn't mean people are wrong to say they are a bit worried when the Halo franchise continues down a path - a lot of gaming fans have walked away from the series over the years because of it.

I'm not saying people are wrong to worry. I wasn't making any comment on the situation actually. I was merely lightly poking fun at the reaction over here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the worse you do the more you get promoted at 343. There is literally no other way. People that worked on MCC GOT PROMOTED. Now we probably won't get H3A and the people that made that call will probably get promoted too. Why is Halo stuck with 343? Of all the devs man.

I think the worse you do the more you get promoted at 343. There is literally no other way. People that worked on MCC GOT PROMOTED. Now we probably won't get H3A and the people that made that call will probably get promoted too. Why is Halo stuck with 343? Of all the devs man.

Are you referencing Dan Ayoub getting promoted after MCC?

Just as a note for those reacting to the Quinn news, Lead Designer does not actually mean he's at the top of the food chain.

Associate < Game Designer < Senior < Lead < Design Director / Creative Lead. He skipped Senior it seems?

Are you referencing Dan Ayoub getting promoted after MCC?

Yea I believe so. And didn't something happen with some other people too? I just remember the people in charge not getting fired or anything. Like they did nothing to them at all.

Yea I believe so. And didn't something happen with some other people too? I just remember the people in charge not getting fired or anything. Like they did nothing to them at all.

Gotcha. I don't think Ayoub ever got promoted, his job title just changes depending on what project he was working on. His domain had always been External projects like Spartan Assault, MCC, Spartan Strike and more recently HW2.

As for nothing coming of MCC and the people involved with that project - fair play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gotcha. I don't think Ayoub ever got promoted, his job title just changes depending on what project he was working on. His domain had always been External projects like Spartan Assault, MCC, Spartan Strike and more recently HW2.

As for nothing coming of MCC and the people involved with that project - fair play.

Ah alright. Thanks for the info.

How does anyone defend or even tolerate 343 anymore?

cause without them competitive halo wouldn't be a significant thing

inb4 "derp smash community whatever"

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because competitive Halo didn't exist before 343 right? It wasn't the largest console eSport or anything that would be crazy talk.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Because competitive Halo didn't exist before 343 right? It wasn't the largest console eSport or anything that would be crazy talk.

Do you think that Halo would be a bigger esport now had 343 never been made and Reach was the last Halo?

No I wasn't going to say anything about smash, but competitive halo right now isn't a significant thing.

i've been around competitive halo since 2005, i know the story m8

h1 was 30 guys, h2 was the literal birth of online console mulitplayer, and h3 was riding the wave of h2 and the xbox 360

things are different now

No I wasn't going to say anything about smash, but competitive halo right now isn't a significant thing.

it is, it just doesn't feel that way

significant probably isn't the right word tbh, but we are far from irrelevant

#confirmed tier 2 esport bro

• Upvote (+1) 7

just because i dont know, does the funding come from hcs, 343 or microsoft. is the hcs is under the 343 banner; do they get their own budget and act independently of the dev itself. i only ask because i dont know where 343's direct role in the competitive scene is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well at least we won't have to see Sanctuary again...

Sort of wondering what primary they'll use - hope it's just Pistol as regular BR and H2 BR are too easy to use @@GH057ayame

INB4 H3 BR REQ weapon that shoots turds :kappa:

If they made the spread not random,reduced the magnetism and aim assist,I'd actually really like a h3 br req.

just because i dont know, does the funding come from hcs, 343 or microsoft. is the hcs is under the 343 banner; do they get their own budget and act independently of the dev itself. i only ask because i dont know where 343's direct role in the competitive scene is. 

Well the HCS team is part of 343 which is owned by Microsoft so the money all comes from Microsoft. I highly doubt there's any info out there on how 343's budge is allocated.

I imagine (and this is a guess) that the HCS budget is part of the marketing budget. As that's effectively what any esport is for the dev/publisher.

just because i dont know, does the funding come from hcs, 343 or microsoft. 

probably both, 343 REQ money + 343 marketing money and then MS marketing money

i know for the regional tournaments (HWC16 & 17) like LATAM and ANZ and etc the money comes from the regional xbox people

is the hcs is under the 343 banner; do they get their own budget and act independently of the dev itself. i only ask because i dont know where 343's direct role in the competitive scene is. 

i literally have no idea but i don't think microsoft has much involvement if any with the hcs stuff

i know microsoft (marketing) was pretty involved with HWC16

probably both, 343 REQ money + 343 marketing money and then MS marketing money

i know for the regional tournaments (HWC16 & 17) like LATAM and ANZ and etc the money comes from the regional xbox people

i literally have no idea but i don't think microsoft has much involvement if any with the hcs stuff

i know microsoft (marketing) was pretty involved with HWC16

thanks for clarifying the first point. as to the second, i guess i was wondering does 343 dictate the direction of hcs. outside of the game itself does someone like quinn or frankie touch the competitive scene?

How does anyone defend or even tolerate 343 anymore?

I call out their shit every chance I get. 

Except for the forge team - they are legit marvelous. @343forgeteam