CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

a couple things

elumnite is a damn fool for throwing up the choke sign after the win considering both teams were choking back and forth.

While I'm growing tired of the excessive use of the choke sign, I think he was using it in reference to the fact that OpTic only had to win one series and they "choked" away their winners bracket advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's kinda funny how everyone's ripping on EG for having a PL spot

But nobody seems to have a problem with Ronin still being in or the fact that Cratos hasn't been banned from the league yet

We have, when it happened 6 months ago. The whole EG thing is just adding fuel to the fire why it was an incredibly dumb decision to carry over like this.

elumnite is a damn fool for throwing up the choke sign after the win considering both teams were choking back and forth.

I find it hilarious when coaches try and talk shit like that choke sign - reminds me of in baseball when the bat boy starts celebrating with the team after a walk-off or something.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone know how to check who gave positive and negative reps for a post or to clear the 'quote' log for your account?

While I'm growing tired of the excessive use of the choke sign, I think he was using it in reference to the fact that OpTic only had to win one series and they "choked" away their winners bracket advantage.

Kinda negated by nV almost choking both series tbh

• Upvote (+1) 3

But nobody seems to have a problem with Ronin still being in or the fact that Cratos hasn't been banned from the league yet

Did EG get Top 4 at Vegas and qualify for Worlds?

Did EG get Top 8 at Daytona?

Nope, EG got Top 12 at both of those events. A Top 12 team shouldn't be in an 8 team pro league.

But, there is still massive outcry for the shady crap Cratos did to steal the pro spot from Bubu/Splyce.

To my knowledge, the current iteration of Evolved settings have been sent to them. Hopefully, they don't butcher them with some goofy, nostalgia-driven nonsense like BR-starts (or H2 BR starts). I'm not sure what the point of scaling down the maps is either, given that maps scaled for H5 play just fine with sprint disabled and BMS increased. Fingers crossed.

Maybe H3 br in the works

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did EG get Top 4 at Vegas and qualify for Worlds?

Did EG get Top 8 at Daytona?

Nope, EG got Top 12 at both of those events. A Top 12 team shouldn't be in an 8 team pro league.

But, there is still massive outcry for the shady crap Cratos did to steal the pro spot from Bubu/Splyce.

They're totally different scenarios. EG may not belong in pro league due to the quality of there team atm, but Cratos literally stole his spot (and then has been outperformed by the team he took it on)

• Upvote (+1) 1

When a sick Snakebite has better stats than you, you know it's time for hecz to formal-ly drop Lethul.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone know how to check who gave positive and negative reps for a post or to clear the 'quote' log for your account?

Use the desktop site.

Intel for those waiting on the classic playlist

If this is the anniversary celebration of Halo 3 and nothing else I'm crying

H3 classic playlist and this comment by ske7ch really makes me think that we will be getting a H3/Brute expansion for H5 in lieu of H3A.

Which is awful for older fans that want to play the real thing, yea I know MCC is a thing but that game is dead and riddled with bugs. A lot of the gaming community would just love to re-live the last good Halo game with a new game before we go back to forgetting about this franchise being around. Sell those REQ packs 343i..

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I dont think anyone is fine with it and daytona placings alone should bump both out of pro league. EG is easier to bring up because it seems like thay are milking that spot that another team deserves. It becomes so hard to root for roybox when it looks like they take this opportunity for granted. I want them to play and compete and do well but fall, worlds, and daytona have shown that they too dont deserve that spot. Both teams are am teams given an undeserved spot but to me, watching eg barely practice and and do the bare minimum hurts worse since ive been a huge fan fo so long

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which is awful for older fans that want to play the real thing, yea I know MCC is a thing but that game is dead and riddled with bugs. A lot of the gaming community would just love to re-live the last good Halo game with a new game before we go back to forgetting about this franchise being around. Sell those REQ packs 343i..

This is something a lot of people at 343 have't realized. They haven't captured little Timmy the CoD or now Overwatch player and alienated big tim the player who grew up playing CE or 2 or 3 in high school. What fanbase are they even trying to cater to anymore?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was hoping that Cod WW2 would light a fire under their asses and make H3A to keep everyone around until H6. Especially with an E3 announcement.

This is something a lot of people at 343 have't realized. They haven't captured little Timmy the CoD or now Overwatch player and alienated big tim the player who grew up playing CE or 2 or 3 in high school. What fanbase are they even trying to cater to anymore?

I'm starting to accept that "old school" in Halo now is just Reach and Halo 4 - and my Halo generation is something that is never coming back. MCC was (somewhat) of an effort, but that was left out to die and pushed forward to make sure Halo 5 was the main priority.

I seriously doubt the gaming population now wants another map pack of older Halo 3 maps in this game with cosmetic REQ packs ready to sell, it was awful and insulting when they tried it with Reach / CEA, and pissed a lot of people off. Give them the real experience, not this Frankenstein thing you call a throwback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

INB4 H3 BR REQ weapon that shoots turds  :kappa:

With how OP the BR is in this game compared to H3, I figure an "H3 BR" loadout should give you three REQ levels for even equipping it in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I keep thinking LANs should start earlier so people outside America dont have to sit up to 3AM to see the finals. Then I remember the amount of downtime and time in between games. It should have been finished about 2 to 3 hours earlier than it did.

• Upvote (+1) 4