CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I only watched the finals but the game plays so much better without auto starts and without default radar. I would still like to see no radar but this is a vast improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So what teams are in pro league? Did this tournament count for that or what?

Pro league is everyone that started in championship bracket top 8 with the exception of Splyce.

There is an lcq to decide the last spot online soon

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only watched the finals but the game plays so much better without auto starts and without default radar. I would still like to see no radar but this is a vast improvement.

I feel like it was more flanky because of reduced radar because people were still looking at it for abilities / shots etc. Was nice to see a bit of brain whirring when they were trying for flank routes without ability use.

In the official Challonge brackets if you hover over the series score you can see the individual scores of each gametype. http://umgevents.challonge.com/HCSDaytonaChamp

thanks. Forgot the map order was at the top. I asked cause I was wondering if there was a place where you can easily see what map was played and score similar to the graphic they show on stream but for all the matches

I feel like it was more flanky because of reduced radar because people were still looking at it for abilities / shots etc. Was nice to see a bit of brain whirring when they were trying for flank routes without ability use.

I also enjoyed that it was harder for players to just post up and watch one direction and let the radar do the rest of the work for them. I felt like I saw more scenarios where a sniper would turn to check his back and then look back and only have a second to scope in and get a kill rather than just being able to stare at a single hallway and count on their radar or a teammate's radar to watch their back. Reducing the radar makes the game more difficult for awareness and mechanical skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like in the weeks following the X Pro League Finals, there should be an Open Event with a nice payout to determine top 8 for the next season.

When did last season finish and whats happened since then?

Especially now where weve seen pro teams disband and top tier ams show they can compete and place higher than some.

Im glad to see Ola come off with anothet win though. Theres no need for an asterisk, Snakebite was sick, he played through so he earns a ton of respect for that.

But NV won this. Optics still most likely going to be the undisputed best team of H5 though, and im sure Atlanta will show that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll combine two things I love HALO & NBA

Optic - Golden State Warriors

Still the best team on the circuit IMO. I think NV is good, but until NV can beat Optic more than one time without losing again, Optic's consistently still trumps NV's win in terms of Power Rankings in general.

EnVyUs -  Cleveland Cavs

This team is more up and down then their fans would like (literally heart palpitations when watching), but when they are clicking and at their best, one of the only (or the only?) teams that can take games off and win series against The Warriors (Optic)

Team Liquid - San Antonio Spurs

A "boring", consistent team that plays a "fundamental" style of play. There methodical style keeps them consistent, they are one notch below Top Dog (OpTic), but are more consistent than the Cavs, though the Cavs fair better against the Warriors, somehow. 

This is only my opinion;

But I believe that Optic is still the best team, NV has increased the gap a little bit between them and TL, and TL is a 3rd, that has separated themselves from the pack a little.

Optic

NV

----

TL

----

Splyce

Str8

------

LG

Ronin

OS

EG

or maybe I DONT KNOW SHIT, and should Quit. IDK.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel like in the weeks following the X Pro League Finals, there should be an Open Event with a nice payout to determine top 8 for the next season.

No thank you. I think you're better of expanding it to 10 teams, and keeping the format with relegation.

Shoutout to Ryanoob and friends; I think this tournament was very vindicating for them. They've been on the cusp for a while, and finally broke thru at an event. I think there were people who questioned Contra's chops after the EG split Contra leaving EG to go to an AM team, and this team's performance goes a little way in validating that choice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vindication but at same time soul destroying knowing that with all the hard work might come disappointment when either them or splyce undeservedly don't qualify, with such big gaps between seasons and huge roster changes relegation isn't enough right now.

Solution is 10 team league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about dem @@Royal2 pistol shots doe? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce and Oxygen should be in proleague.

Or at least EG should also play for theirs.

I will never stop with this

• Upvote (+1) 5

Vindication but at same time soul destroying knowing that with all the hard work might come disappointment when either them or splyce undeservedly don't qualify, with such big gaps between seasons and huge roster changes relegation isn't enough right now.

I agree, and I think the worst part is that Ryanoob & Contra stand to benefit more from it then their teammates. I think they're more likely to get plucked up by a struggling Pro Team then DasTroyed & Nem (whether deserved or not.)

Say EG wants to drop Naded & Falc and get a To2, if Splyce wins the LCQ, is their a duo on the AM scene better than Contra/Ryanoob? 2 of El Town/Commonly/Prototype/Devon, maybe?

I also think people need to realize that when guys like Trippey, Saiyan, Renegade and Shotzzy go from AM to Pro-Teams (or in Shotzzy's case, a Pro team with no pro seed), it squeeze guys out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there were people who questioned Contra leaving EG to go to an AM team

Contra didn't leave. EG dropped him, but they still technically hold his contract.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Contra didn't leave. EG dropped him, but they still technically hold his contract.

I stand corrected. Nothing came out publicly (that I saw), so I assumed the split was mutual or something Contra wanted.

I feel like strongside would benefit from a tri-cast massively

Not sure. He seems to be very disconnected from other casters/analysts even at analyst desk. It also looked like he was kind of uncomfortable. When goldenboy was on left, onset on right and side in the middle, it was like goldenboy and onset were shooting jokes around him bc he couldn't follow. I dunno. He is a harder match and not the all jokes type definitely. More serious pose with like minded persons make him better. At his point, harsh feedback might be getting into his head.

i dont know about 10 teams but previous season placings should count for nothing but seeding for the opening lan. top 8 at daytona should become the pro league teams for pro league part 1. put in a midseason open. top 8 move to pro league part 2. implement open cups for am teams and give pro points for placings at lan, open cups, and the end of pro league parts 1 and 2. teams 7-10 play through relegation for seeds 7 and 8 at finals where the top 8 teams compete. we have no placed importance at doing well at all phases of the season and given am teams 2 chances per season to break into the top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem with Optic now is that they have no "upward movement" in terms of team development. They are x2 World Champs and have been defeated only 3 times on LAN (once as CLG). They have no way of getting better because they already practice harder and smarter than any other team. They have nothing to play for except to maintain their position. That's fine for a while but eventually they will become "stagnant". Meanwhile a team like NV use every failure as a lesson to improve and every win as motivation to keep performing - hence, they have progression and "upward movement" as a team. NV can only get better, for a good while from now. Optic can only get worse.

That makes literally no sense. The meta/strategies change, and so can cohesion and skill.

They fucking destroyed everyone- EVERYONE at HWC 16. Guess what? They got better after that as well. New strategies, movements, etc.

They can't do much to improve their placings, but that's because you rank higher than "best," which they are. To say they can't improve at Halo 5 is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey everyone, thanks for watching. I know there were a lot of issues and I intend on addressing them. I will issue a statement on here soon but for tonight I'm going to eat, pack and get ready for my flight.

Thanks for watching and what a damn final.

I appreciate statements on mishaps, etc from you, Simms, and others, but what's sad is these terribly run tournaments are not being addressed at all by the people who actually should need to talk to the community about why we have high-school-news-cast production standards.

Thanks for what you do. You and the other casters helped make this weekend bearable. I know I would (and probably a lot of others here) missed some great Halo 5 gameplay had you all not kept us off the proverb[haha]ial ledge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@GunRanger pointed this out, 5 matches a night might take too long since 4 matches currently takes around 4-6 hours. They would have to change things with the format so it doesn't go for 7+ hours

EG just need to drop the players and hire Oxygen Supremacy

They can't do that or they'd lose their pro seed.

They have to keep 2 players. Guess which 2 are gonna get screwed over? Rhymes with Jaded and Malcated  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5