CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry you had to go through this, bud. Let's have fun in Atlanta  :simms:

Its going to be lit  :fire:

3CNkvyQ.gif

East Coast is the best Coast. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so glad @@Mikwen and the boys on NV are saying what needs to be said.

100% behind this

Saying something into the twittersphere means nothing. They need to be able to get in front of someones face and say this kind of thing directly to them. Same tone and languagem. Dont water it down or politically correct it. Straight from the hip no bullshit truth. They need to demand change. We are past the point of asking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok so I made this last night. Took awhile and I only got 2 hours of sleep, worth it. If anybody has anything to add let me know thanks :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_oKr8fLDnw

Posted to Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/626ax5/explaining_sprint_and_its_negative_affects/

110% MLG. The Halo 3 vs Halo 5 footage is at 5:22 if you want to skip me talking.

Great video! :) Now if only 343i could see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope no one pulls the "They're only complaining cause they can't beat OpTic" card on the nV guys

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

See this?  :kappa:

This is Kappa, and he LOVES sarcasm. Use him accordingly, please.

Clearly shitposting is not my strong suit. 

while there definitely are changes that need to be made, making the magnum a 4sk is not one of them. Why have I seen this suggestion so many times? I don't understand the rationale. I think the pistol is a great starting weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope no one pulls the "They're only complaining cause they can't beat OpTic" card on the nV guys

well that probably has about 75% to do with it. nV is NEVER beating OG on LAN with the current settings. It's like the old saying goes: "if you can't beat em' change the rules."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 25

even when Timo or Vivi showed up to give that terrible explanation of how e6's roster got accepted, we were falling over ourselves with gratitude. at this point Beyond is way too starved for interaction with anybody official to be overwhelmingly negative. that's, of course, if they actually tried.

that said... at least one person would inevitably flame them and as per tradition, they'd ignore literally every comment to respond condescendingly to that guy

that's what pissed me off about @@Elamite yesterday. why even come in here just to publicly flame frank but ignore all other conversation around it? that is actively refusing to engage. at this point its just using some over the top posts as an excuse to ignore the entire community then they wonder why we get mad at their mistakes and call for another TO

• Upvote (+1) 8

Saying something into the twittersphere means nothing. They need to be able to get in front of someones face and say this kind of thing directly to them. Same tone and languagem. Dont water it down or politically correct it. Straight from the hip no bullshit truth. They need to demand change. We are past the point of asking.

except when mikwen does that, the chain of command is purposely so vague that it will have no effect anyway. 

what needs to happen is for all the pros to come out and put 343's bullshit on blast, but that will never happen for obvious reasons. this here is a start.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no one should be that stupid when the guys on og want most of the same things.

Halo is something special.

When Halo CE released I was a kid, though a freak at the game(I'm so bad at Halo now) my cousins introduced me to it, you all have to keep in mind Xbox was not even close to popular in Germany during that time, almost none of my friends had it. 

My cousins and some friends of them always lanned the game with me, once we went to a fairly big LAN here in the North of Germany, it went for couple of days, mainly pc dudes who played CS 1.6, we all had our Xboxs with us and Halo CE, we set up our stuff and suddenly one we didn't know shouted "Guys!! These dudes over here have Halo!!!"  suddenly a huge crowd was around us, we held a little tournament at that LAN..

Halo can be fantastic

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

Man, this is the type of passion that gets esports rolling. I love it. Reminds me of how aggravating it is that video games in general, and Halo in particular, has strayed so far from the greatness of creating a true party game. Halo: CE and Halo 2 and 3 were all phenomenal games to play, CE on XBconnect, 2 and 3 on XBL. However, the true power of these games was that they were amazing party games due to supporting LAN and split screen. These were the type of games you could kill hours at sleepovers with, you could set up a Friday night LAN with some of your buddies, or rent out a hotel and start a tournament. Honestly, I love the capability Xbox Live has given us, but I wish games would go back to doing both of them well - be a great game to play online with friends when you're separated, but be able to play it as a party game and have a blast. Those were the days man - Goldeneye, HCE, H2, H3. Shit I miss those types of nights and days with my IRL friends. 

Props for those noticing the lack of care by those at 343i HCS with Beyond, it's clearly an agenda at this point. Sad, but true.

There's not much more to say about this really, it's just really sad that it's come to this. Why alienate the 

Amazing. I love hearing all the stories and stuff from the early and even pre-MLG days. When the new Doom launched, I played a lot on Xbox one with Zyos and @MrColek so he was telling me tons of amazing stories. Asked him to explain his mindset for telling Mighty he'd split the prize money if might lost and other stuff. Before OVS, you had completed in another tournament right?

Grasshopper is not a name I have heard of in a LONG time. Wow.. I would have loved to see a curly fro'd out Gandhi at OVS.

We just had a 3 day CE LAN in South NJ. Others often host a few 3 day LANs throughout the year as well. Beach LAN is a whole week, and this year we had two Beach LANs. While the game isn't in the spot light, the old memories as well as the ability to create new ones live on. I hope the Beach LAN is something that lives up to your expectations. We've even followed the Halo 50k for the format. You started this whole movement, I just hope the community can continue it.

Thanks as always for posting here.

I am sure you have thought about it plenty and it's been growing consistently, but have you guys tried to turn the Beach LAN into a legit CE tournament? I've watched the stream the last two summers and it is incredible. The level of play is unbelievable. I was just curious if you guys have ever thought of turning it into like a structured type of tournament like a once a year type of open event or invitational on the final weekend or something? I love the Beach LAN, I love what it represents to you all and to any of us that play or enjoy watching (or both) HCE. I can totally respect and understand if you guys just try to keep it something really casual and fun too.

Don't you just love how 343 does that whole "we know there are problems" shtick, but never actually come out and admit what the problems are? 

I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I thought you'd be having a field day with this latest debacle, but honestly what you've been saying since day 1 still applies for most of it. 

-snip-

I thought you were serious for a second. That was terrifying.

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

See that, right there?

That's the difference. That's what ESL/343 doesn't have. That's why we are where we're at. P A S S I O N or the lack thereof...

• Upvote (+1) 4

well that probably has about 75% to do with it. nV is NEVER beating OG on LAN with the current settings. It's like the old saying goes: "if you can't beat em' change the rules."

except they did beat optic at fall finals in back to back best of 7s. most of these pros have been playing since halo 2/halo 3 days and that includes and that includes half of nv and half of optic. they know good settings

• Upvote (+1) 1

no one should be that stupid when the guys on og want most of the same things.

no autos, no radar, and no sprint are only going to make OG more dominant. OG's teamwork is currently unmatched by the other rosters. Team changes need to happen for nV and Liquid if they hope to compete (getting 4-0'd in finals is not competing BTW)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Most of you guys in this forum really are better than all of my acquaintances at high school, funny, attentive and acknowledging. Too bad I don't have any friends in my life who act that way except for one, I feel good being here. :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

Elamite has been barred from communicating with me in the same way that both Bravo and Tashi have.

You should send them some deflated balloons as a peace offering, I'm sure they'll find them acceptable.  :kappa:

no autos, no radar, and no sprint are only going to make OG more dominant. OG's teamwork is currently unmatched by the other rosters. Team changes need to happen for nV and Liquid if they hope to compete (getting 4-0'd in finals is not competing BTW)

Who could replace anyone on those rosters tho?

Didn't know that your trash-talking meant you had to be stupid too.

Advocating for more skillful settings like balanced weapons (especially for the autos and precision weapons) will only help the better teams. If people like Frosty and Royal 2 have more potential to distinguish their skillset compared to the other pros, their team will potentially become even stronger in halo 5. The changes that NV would have to suggest in order to actually increase their odds of competing with optic are even duller mechanics/weapon balancing.

As it is, these pros are suggesting those points of feedback to increase the enjoyment of competitive halo 5, not to stand a chance against the best team. Your inability to comprehend such a motive explains a lot about why your name was forcibly changed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont see settings changes upsetting the balance of power in any way.  I do see settings changes as a way to make the game more fun, fair and a better experience for players and viewers.  The players are disgustingly good right now, but that doesn't mean they should be happy with the status quo.

Who could replace anyone on those rosters tho?

I don't know, but Liquid's and nV's inability to compete with OG on a consistent basis tells me that a change needs to happen. I've already stated that I think Pistola and Mikwen are completely expendable from the nV roster. Hell, drop those two and replace them with Rayne and Penguin. That way nV strengthens their roster and weakens their closest competition. Let's call it the TJ move.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I just did some testing on this:

Fact #1 - Splinters are bullshit period.  lets get that out of the way.  And yes thats a fact, dont @ me with "thats just like, your opinion man"

Fact #2 - Grenades that have been thrown cannot be blown up by gunfire while in flight. They must contact a surface first.  Technically splinters will explode after a second if you launch them really far without contacting anything, but that's moot in this case

Fact #3 - Grenades at rest can be blown up by gunfire whether they are from a body or on their spawn point.

Fact #4 - Splinter grenades have a slight delay between taking damage while at rest and exploding.

So Renegade died and you can see in the video if you slow it down that an extra BR burst was shot that hit the splinter grenade on the way down after falling from Renegade's body.  Since the grenade was in motion, it didnt explode but it also hadn't been thrown, so it did take damage.  when it came to rest the normal delay took place like you were shooting one on its spawn, then it blew up. The time it took to fall plus the "rest time" required made it take extra long to explode after taking damage.

Conclusion:

1) Nothing "magic" happened here.  It was a logical chain of events that cause the grenade to explode.  It didn't come out of nowhere however....

2) It was absolute bullshit

3) I would argue that this is a glitch and in this case the grenade either should have been ineligible to take damage because it was not at rest yet and not exploded at all, or it should have exploded after the normal 1/4 second delay before coming to rest so shotzzy would have seen it in time.

4) It didn't cost them the series.

Splinters are balanced  :kappa:

Obligatory:

71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont see settings changes upsetting the balance of power in any way.  I do see settings changes as a way to make the game more fun, fair and a better experience for players and viewers.  The players are disgustingly good right now, but that doesn't mean they should be happy with the status quo.

I don't think it would change the top three at all outside of making OG better

while there definitely are changes that need to be made, making the magnum a 4sk is not one of them. Why have I seen this suggestion so many times? I don't understand the rationale. I think the pistol is a great starting weapon.

because the ar should not kill you before the fifth shot of a perfectly place pistol. a 4sk with a slower rate of fire makes the pistol a better starting weapon. as it stands a great pistol shot will normally lose to someone holding the right trigger down

• Upvote (+1) 1