CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I do agree they need to string some 1st place tourneys together - so get on that boys.  Proud of ya.

This 100% until Optic loses more then one tournament in a row even as an envy fan I'm not ready to say that another team is better then them Optic until they can beat them consistently.

When that happens then we can actually start talking about Envy being a better team then Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or maybe "excuses" are legitimate events that happened and effected the results? No way.

Yesssss, the Seahawks are now the confirmed SuperBowl 49 champs because Jeremy Lane got hurt.

Every match in every sport or esport has SOMETHING that makes it "not count". PJ being sick sucks and it hurts their team. But it doesn't mean EnvyUs didn't fucking earn this win.

Hold up, trying to figure out if the win still counts.

I've been sick this weekend, so my thought process is a little off, but I was under the impression that Halo 5 is neither Horseshoes nor a hand grenade

You've forgotten the last of the line. It's "Almost only counts in Horseshoes, Handgrenades, and High School Sex." 

I tell you what, some of the "prime time" US shows I've seen like Hell's Kitchen (I could only sit through about 15 minutes) the viewer is treated like absolute dogshit.

Coming up on Hell's Kitchen! *insert dramatics music* RAMSAY LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM *cherry picked clips of out of context stuff to make it look dramatic*

Will this person stay, or is the blue team completely lost? *More out of context shit* Let's preview what's coming up before the ad break and waste even more time!

Not only that, but after the ad break they recap what you just fucking saw. Do they think the attention span of the viewer is really that bad? The swear words are censored, the chronological order was mixed up on the episode I watched so you can't even trust what you're watching is in the right order, they just swapped bits around to make it more dramatic. I felt like I was being treated like an ADHD kid. How do they think that people's attention spans and intelligence is really that low? Terrible.

They do this for a reason, and its because the viewer actually is ********. I don't know how many on here watched the H1Z1 show on CW because Ninja was on it, but by and large that show was a giant piece of shit. It was absolutely fucking garbage as an "esport". But guess what, it actually had better ratings and viewers than the ELEAGUE Finals. Seriously it did. And it boggles my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know if you read the article, but that title is not accurate. A guy says "there is no halo 3", not that it's not happening. It's also not an official statement.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know if you read the article, but that title is not accurate. A guy says "there is no halo 3", not that it's not happening. It's also not an official statement.

He's obviously trying to diffuse expectations so there's not a loud, collective groan when 343 unveils Spartan Assault 2 instead of H3A at E3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

xqM24Wy.png

Doesn't get more concrete than the Halo community manager denying it about four times, Phil Spencer saying no Halo FPS this year, Frankie denying it and half a dozen other 343 employees (including Grim) denying it.

Which is why its going to be a big deal when they announce it at E3 "Exactly as you remember it"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I found the problem.

Did any member of OpTic have their girlfriend at the event. Snipedown's girlfriend was

• Upvote (+1) 6

But if you think that this win means nV are the for sure "better team" and use this event as evidence/support for predictions for Atlanta of them over OpTic, that's where the asterisk lies.

correct

also, to me, the main thing is that each of these OpTic losses (X-Games, Fall finals, Daytona) were by insanely close game 7s.

if OpTic had lost all three of those tournaments 4-0, 4-2, 4-1, then I'd say who cares about these minor factors, illness doesn't explain why they lost etc.

but the fact that each of these losses have happened via razor-thin margins on 50-47 game 7s, I mean, come on; obviously if Frosty hadn't been sick at X-Games and Snakebite hadn't been sick at Daytona, they would have won those series

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Knowing that H3A isn't happening, I'd be genuinely happy if Halo 5 gets spiced up with a big H3 map pack for its last year

• Upvote (+1) 7

when 343 unveils Spartan Assault 2 instead of H3A at E3.

Lmao

Snakebite the first person to ever compete really sick? I agree it affects players but we never put asteriks for other teams/people?? Should we start putting asteriks on individual series for players who have played sick? Should we put asteriks for people who use adderall?

Oh and @@TiberiusAudley u got a asterik for fall finals because of tournament format? Should we asterik 2016 worlds while were at it because single elimination, or would you give them a pass because they'd "probably" win regardless. Hmm maybe nV should asterik their losses to Liquid in the past because they have an *analyst!

I hope people get my point

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Snakebite the first person to ever compete really sick? I agree it affects players but we never put asteriks for other teams/people?? Should we start putting asteriks on individual series for players who have played sick? Should we put asteriks for people who use adderall?

Oh and @@TiberiusAudley u got a asterik for fall finals because of tournament format? Should we asterik 2016 worlds while were at it because single elimination, or would you give them a pass because they'd "probably" win regardless. Hmm maybe nV should asterik their losses to Liquid in the past because they have an *analyst!

It's not an asterisk for the event win, it's an asterisk for the "Is NV really better than OG" argument

• Upvote (+1) 3

I missed some of the final games but I'm not gonna miss the memesaFMOjuj.gif

If you put bittersweet's face on Black Widow's, this meme would be perfect

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's not an asterisk for the event win, it's an asterisk for the "Is NV really better than OG" argument

We gonna act like people in the past few pages and on twitter haven't been talking about asteriks on this event/fall finals? It'll blow over I just wanted to make a point

• Upvote (+1) 2

xqM24Wy.png

Doesn't get more concrete than the Halo community manager denying it about four times, Phil Spencer saying no Halo FPS this year, Frankie denying it and half a dozen other 343 employees (including Grim) denying it.

Yeah, that is because it is called Halo 3: Evolved

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aren't you like related to Huke or some shit? Calms down.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

> in florida

> goes to joe's crab shack

NotLikeThis

• Upvote (+1) 4